Don's Rant on Canadian Government Approach to Cruising

Robjame

3 hours ago, iancal said:

Who cares about what Don ZERO has to say about anything.

Would not follow him would never book as much as a subway ticket through him.

Cannot imagine why someone would put their ignorance on public display for all customers and potential customers to see.  What on earth was he thinking??

Tell us what you really think 🙂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, iancal said:

Who cares about what Don ZERO has to say about anything.

133,000 subscribers which is pretty darn good for a (canadian) vloger To put it in context, La Lido Loco has 122,000.

Definitely a solid miss on this vlog, but he has been invaluable helping (canadian) cruisers navigate  through the COVID regulations and rules of different cruise lines and from a Canadian point of view.
Can you think of anyone else who has done this?

I have said here before, I dislike his folksy,  cheesy  style.

• Like 2

No, however I believe that we could figure this out via the web for ourselves with his help.  Or give our TA a call for the most up to date info...for what it is worth.

Besides, the information can be stale by the time he blogs  or by the time you are ready to embark or disembark.

Over the years we have seen or read lots of information on blogs, on CC for that matter, that was not correct or was out of date. .  Often as it pertained to visa information, documentation requirements, entry restrictions. 

As an example, it took us all of ten minutes on the web  to discern what was required for a flight to Athens, for entry to Greece,  where to get a PCR test in Athens prior to flying home (or a covid test if we picked up a last minute cruise), the price, turnaround time for the test, and how to book an appointment at the most convenient clinic. 

The information was accurate to the day we searched it and should we decide to go we will be checking the bookmark for updates prior to buying air

Edited by iancal

On 9/24/2021 at 6:54 PM, Fouremco said:

Canada allowing technical stops in Victoria would not have made one iota of difference as the PVSA does not allow technical stops. Consequently, in spite of all the anti-Canadian rhetoric, the only viable solution was the one taken: legislate a temporary exemption to the PVSA for ships sailing to Alaska.

The suggestion that Canada should not have had any ban completely ignores the reality that Canadian ports and citizens had to be protected from rampant COVID in the US. Note that a good number of Caribbean countries have banned cruise ships on and off over the summer. Cayman Islands have been closed to cruises for some months now, and won't reopen until next January, but you don't see US Senators or a certain Canadian vlogger ranting about those decisions. If the US feels that closing our nautical border was so very wrong, then maybe they should open up the land border.

Well said! 

• Like 1

Ha ha ha....I find it funny that “we” are giving (ie. insulting) Don for simply giving his opinion / expressing his views. Oh wait...that is exactly what “we” do with our posts in CC...lol.  

My mama used to say “if you don’t have anything nice to say....something, something”...Like a lot of people in here, I can’t seem to remember the rest....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thor17 said:

I find it funny that “we” are giving (ie. insulting) Don for simply giving his opinion / expressing his views.

LOL.

It's a Canadian thing - self-abasing and apologetic.

• Like 1