Princess Provided Testing Sites

cltnccruisers

2 hours ago, triona said:

We are flying into San Francisco from the U.K.  3 days before our cruise, are their walk in centres we can use . Thanks 

Also check with your hotel, they may know.  Check CVS and Walgreens 

wensite and put in your hotels zip code.

to get the closest site and it says if it’s a drive through or not.

Maybe someone in SFO can help on this

board?

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s a question…

Does anyone in the Ft Lauderdale area know if there’s a walk-in testing site for Rapid antigen testing?  Now, I’m seeing Cvs and Walgreens are doing drive up only.  This won’t work for us out of state or International guests. We don’t have a car.  Was hoping to make an appointment and uber over from our hotel.

Don’t suppose the uber driver would want to drive up for us to test?   One of the Cvs and Walgreens are close enough to walk.

Any suggestions?

The reason for drive-thru only originated from not wanting people milling around inside who might be positive with Covid-19.  Now, most people getting these tests are likely to prove negativity.  That said, I don't see why you couldn't walk-up to the outside service window and do the test that way.  IMO, nothing magic about being in a car with the window down.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Also check with your hotel, they may know.  Check CVS and Walgreens 

wensite and put in your hotels zip code.

to get the closest site and it says if it’s a drive through or not.

Maybe someone in SFO can help on this

board?

Thank you PacnGoNow , I will definitely be looking into this . 

Running into a slight glitch.  I checked CVS on Friday night.  Had lots of appointments up through 10/15.  Checked today.  None available.  If there is a minute clinic, you may be able to walk up for testing.  I thought I was going to do a drive through.  Got to CVS and they had offices (containers) outside of the store.  Walked into container (portable pods).  Who knows any more.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's Columbus Day or whatever it's called nowadays.  Figured it would be a good time to try the BimaxNOW test.  I can connect to the Navica app just fine but keep getting invalid ID/password with emed.com.  Tried the Forgot Password option to get a verification code and nothing shows up (no, it didn't go to my spam folder).  So I call emed support and they walk me through everything I'd already tried then say they'll kick it up the food chain.

This is not good.  We have to do this for real in the wee hours of Thanksgiving Day and can't be going through this crap then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

So it's Columbus Day or whatever it's called nowadays.  Figured it would be a good time to try the BimaxNOW test.  I can connect to the Navica app just fine but keep getting invalid ID/password with emed.com.  Tried the Forgot Password option to get a verification code and nothing shows up (no, it didn't go to my spam folder).  So I call emed support and they walk me through everything I'd already tried then say they'll kick it up the food chain.

This is not good.  We have to do this for real in the wee hours of Thanksgiving Day and can't be going through this crap then.

Well, that was, um, interesting - yeah that's it.  I decided to try for support again, this time using the support form.  I wasn't expecting a response for a couple of days but got one pretty quick.  That was good but they would only work through email.  So again they walked me through everything I'd already done with the same results.  What was it Einstein supposedly said about insanity?   

Then they must have found someone who knew what they were doing.  First, had I created an Emed login?  Yep.  Hmmm, then a little later they came back and said not to use the app.  Instead set up accounts with www.mynavica.abbot.   This time I logged into Emed, selected Start Testing and was prompted for the Navica creds I'd just created.  Bingo!

The actual process started with some automated tests for audio, video and connectivity.  Then you get connected to a proctor.  Chat a little bit then hold up photo ID to the camera, show the sealed box, open the box, confirm the contents and begin.  It's pretty simple.  Then wait 15 minutes while it processes.  At the end of time another proctor comes on and confirms the result.

About 10 minutes later I had the results.  Took about 30 minutes total.

One thing to note.  The timestamp on the results is UTC.  For us oldsters, Greenwich Mean Time.  Our stat time was 10/11/2021 04:44:45 PM UTC which converts to 11:44:45 AM for us.  A little worry until you do the math.