Princess Provided Testing Sites

cltnccruisers

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Can you pick them up at a pharmacy near you? I just checked and our CVS pharmacy has them in stock.

Actually hadn't thought of that.  But they're paid for and we still have a couple of months for FedEx to deliver them.  I'd posted the info on the FedEx delay mainly for folks who don't have the time to wait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Actually hadn't thought of that.  But they're paid for and we still have a couple of months for FedEx to deliver them.  I'd posted the info on the FedEx delay mainly for folks who don't have the time to wait.

I would be a nervous wreck if I had to wait for them to be delivered close to my cruise.  It’s a good thing you have plenty of time.

So I downloaded the app and set up my account.  If I understand this correctly, when I am ready to do the test I can scan the QR code on the test box then I can log into emed.com on my laptop using the creds I created on the app.   Once a proctor comes on he/she will walk me through opening the package and taking the test.  Once test results are available I will receive an email.

What am I missing?  BTW, this is why I ordered a 3-pack - so I wouldn't have to stumble around when crunch time rolls around.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, dides said:

That would be really useful for international travellers who have to fly over to cruise. The US will be opening up to us UK'ers from November and we are scratching our heads about how we satisfy the pre-cruise test protocols which are different to what we had in the UK (where Princess tested us at the port).

I have this exact dilemma. UK based and due to fly to California in early January for cruise departing San Pedro LA. As I fly in 5 days prior to cruise any testing in UK won't be valid. Did look at CVS pharmacies in US for testing but no access allowed to their website from UK. Unable to do a virtual 

testing kit in hotel room as you need a US mobile telephone. Would be less stressful if I could pay for test at Port. 

29 minutes ago, emerald6273 said:

I have this exact dilemma. UK based and due to fly to California in early January for cruise departing San Pedro LA. As I fly in 5 days prior to cruise any testing in UK won't be valid. Did look at CVS pharmacies in US for testing but no access allowed to their website from UK. Unable to do a virtual 

testing kit in hotel room as you need a US mobile telephone. Would be less stressful if I could pay for test at Port. 

There is a rapid test drive through right by Burbank Airport; also a couple right at LAX (LA airport).

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 3:14 PM, cltnccruisers said:

So I downloaded the app and set up my account.  If I understand this correctly, when I am ready to do the test I can scan the QR code on the test box then I can log into emed.com on my laptop using the creds I created on the app.   Once a proctor comes on he/she will walk me through opening the package and taking the test.  Once test results are available I will receive an email.

What am I missing?  BTW, this is why I ordered a 3-pack - so I wouldn't have to stumble around when crunch time rolls around.

That’s it.

You will have someone proctor the test and then wait 15 mins and someone else will go over the results with you.

Very Easy

On 9/25/2021 at 5:01 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Can you pick them up at a pharmacy near you? I just checked and our CVS pharmacy has them in stock.

Make sure it’s the correct version at CVS…multiple binax now tests exist but the AG card 19 is the only one accepted because it comes with an RX

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, cltnccruisers said:

Forgive my ignorance - but when you scan the QR Code do you scan with your phone then log in on your laptop?

4 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Forgive my ignorance - but when you scan the QR Code do you scan with your phone then log in on your laptop?

That's how I understand it to work.  Keep in mind when you scan your passport or a picture into the Medallion app it goes to the database not your phone.  So in this case when I scan the QR code via Navica Verify it will get linked to the database for emed.com.  I'll find out for sure on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

There is a rapid test drive through right by Burbank Airport; also a couple right at LAX (LA airport).

I'm flying into San Francisco Airport 5 days prior to cruise. Spending 3 nights in San Francisco then hire car to drive to San Pedro. Spending 1 night in Santa Barbara and night before cruise in San Pedro.

10 minutes ago, emerald6273 said:

I'm flying into San Francisco Airport 5 days prior to cruise. Spending 3 nights in San Francisco then hire car to drive to San Pedro. Spending 1 night in Santa Barbara and night before cruise in San Pedro.

CVS Pharmacy

Appointment required
4235 Pacific Coast Hwy, Torrance · (310) 373-6847

Walgreens

Appointment required
2976 Sepulveda Blvd, Torrance · (310) 534-0078
Open · Closes 5 PM
Drive-through

Walgreens

Appointment required
2627 Pacific Ave, Long Beach · (562) 490-9575
Open · Closes 5 PM
Drive-through

Other option: get one of the monitored tests and a "burner" phone; they are fairly cheap at any drugstore, convenience store, etc., and will serve the purpose. 🙂 

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

That's how I understand it to work.  Keep in mind when you scan your passport or a picture into the Medallion app it goes to the database not your phone.  So in this case when I scan the QR code via Navica Verify it will get linked to the database for emed.com.  I'll find out for sure on Saturday. 

Ok - your explanation makes sense now.  Live to hear from you if there is an issue.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, jwattle said:

CVS Pharmacy

Appointment required
4235 Pacific Coast Hwy, Torrance · (310) 373-6847

Walgreens

Appointment required
2976 Sepulveda Blvd, Torrance · (310) 534-0078
Open · Closes 5 PM
Drive-through

Walgreens

Appointment required
2627 Pacific Ave, Long Beach · (562) 490-9575
Open · Closes 5 PM
Drive-through

Other option: get one of the monitored tests and a "burner" phone; they are fairly cheap at any drugstore, convenience store, etc., and will serve the purpose. 🙂 

Useful, thanks! How do you get your results from CVS or drive-though Walgreens? i.e. will we still need a US phone?

2 minutes ago, dides said:

Useful, thanks! How do you get your results from CVS or drive-though Walgreens? i.e. will we still need a US phone?

Will you be staying at a hotel?  Will they have a computer in their work station?  Do you have an email address?  Will they have a printer?  Do you have a smart phone with an international calling plan?

If you don't have an email address....go to gmail and get a free account.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

That’s it.

You will have someone proctor the test and then wait 15 mins and someone else will go over the results with you.

Very Easy

Do you know if you can use a tablet instead of a smart phone or desktop for the test?

7 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Do you know if you can use a tablet instead of a smart phone or desktop for the test?

As long as your tablet has a camera and audio input/output (Meaning that you can hear and talk back to the proctor)  you should be good.  You can use a phone as well but if you are using a tablet or a phone make sure you have a stand/tripod or a set up that allows you to  angle your camera to capture your hands and face at the same time. 

Just now, Jadn13 said:

As long as your tablet has a camera and audio input/output (Meaning that you can hear and talk back to the proctor)  you should be good.  You can use a phone as well but if you are using a tablet or a phone make sure you have a stand/tripod or a set up that allows you to  angle your camera to capture your hands and face at the same time. 

Thank you very much, I appreciate the quick response.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dides said:

Email will work as long as your phone has access to your email, or you have your tablet with you; they will email you the results. 

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

You can absolutely use your tablet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 2:44 PM, cltnccruisers said:

That's a downside to be sure but as long as we can get tested (a little hard for our next cruise), there are no major outbreaks and any that do occur are handled by appropriate protocols I don't see it as an industry killer.

There does seem to be a little trending towards pier testing, btw.  Princess UK has done so and NCL, one of your favorites is doing testing at their expense - at least untill it gets rolled into the fare.

Here’s a question…

Does anyone in the Ft Lauderdale area know if there’s a walk-in testing site for Rapid antigen testing?  Now, I’m seeing Cvs and Walgreens are doing drive up only.  This won’t work for us out of state or International guests. We don’t have a car.  Was hoping to make an appointment and uber over from our hotel.

Don’t suppose the uber driver would want to drive up for us to test?   One of the Cvs and Walgreens are close enough to walk.

Any suggestions?

Last Sat. before the Grand sailed I saw a pop-up Covid testing site at the LA World Cruise Center in the parking lot area in San Pedro. It is by the USS Iowa. I don't have a link to it but it should be listed in LA County Covid Testing website.

4 minutes ago, gmcwalker said:

Last Sat. before the Grand sailed I saw a pop-up Covid testing site at the LA World Cruise Center in the parking lot area in San Pedro. It is by the USS Iowa. I don't have a link to it but it should be listed in LA County Covid Testing website.

It is for LA Residents and dock workers.  I checked it out.  results are not rapid tests.