Luggage Tags

stitch4me

I'm cruising on Mariner of the Seas on October 25th and received my eDocuments today; 30 days in advance of the sailing.  The Baggage Tag is one of the last pages in the PDF file. You should see yours in 10-12 days.

2 hours ago, stitch4me said:

When can I expect to get my luggage tags online?  I ma 42 days away from my sailing and they still say pending.

Thanks in advance for your help.

For our Freedom cruise a couple of weeks ago, we got our documents 29 days prior to departure. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Barklee said:

I'm cruising on Mariner of the Seas on October 25th and received my eDocuments today; 30 days in advance of the sailing.  The Baggage Tag is one of the last pages in the PDF file. You should see yours in 10-12 days.

I was never able to open the link for 'luggage tags'. I got mine from the bottom of my edocs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2Martinisluvcruzin said:

My wife and I are also on the 25th of Oct Mariner cruise, and it's 7:40pm here and no e-docs 😒. Not too anxious or anything

I'm on the October 15.  I've had the e-docs for weeks, and just now was able to access the luggage tags.  I never was able to for my last Mariner cruise.

7 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I'm on the October 15.  I've had the e-docs for weeks, and just now was able to access the luggage tags.  I never was able to for my last Mariner cruise.

LOL, that's not exactly what I wanted to hear. I was marking it up the the 30th day being a weekend until I saw this thread

7 hours ago, stitch4me said:

When can I expect to get my luggage tags online?  I ma 42 days away from my sailing and they still say pending.

Thanks in advance for your help.

wife and i are on the oct. 23rd sailing on the symphony, we got our tags on friday (29 days)

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

We don’t print tags at hone to board a plane, why in the world go through the trouble and hassle for a cruise. Sit back, relax, and let the porters do it.

No offense, but, the porters don't strike me as having great penmanship.  I'd rather not worry and have my luggage arrive at my room.

• Like 5

Luggage tags haven’t been needed in about 30 years, that’s why Royal quit mailing them. We don’t print tags at hone to board a plane, why in the world go through the trouble and hassle for a cruise. Sit back, relax, and let the porters do it.

As for me personally, when I take the suitcase out of the back of my car in Bayonne, and it’s 38° outside and the Porter is wearing thick gloves, I’d just assume have my luggage tags already on my suitcase as a convenience to the both of us. You know, just to make things go a little quicker.

Not everyone is sailing out of warm weather ports. 😎 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

No offense, but, the porters don't strike me as having great penmanship.  I'd rather not worry and have my luggage arrive at my room.

I always carry a pen and write my information on them myself...easy peasy !!!

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Luggage tags haven’t been needed in about 30 years, that’s why Royal quit mailing them. We don’t print tags at hone to board a plane, why in the world go through the trouble and hassle for a cruise. Sit back, relax, and let the porters do it.

Just my personal preference, but I always print out luggage tags when we cruise. I don’t find it to be a hassle to click the print button on my computer and then place the tags in plastic tag holders. Also, it literally takes 30 seconds to drop off luggage with porters and I don’t have to worry about the porters mistagging my luggage.

I have done this on all 36 cruise we have been on and have never had any missing/delayed luggage. On our last two cruises the luggage was at our cabin by the time we got there, but that is likely due to the reduced passenger loads going on right now. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I have to agree with others... Takes a few seconds to print them out. I normally print them while I run my weekly bowling tournaments. So it is not taking time away from my day. It gives me something to do while I am sitting there bored, and I get to look for future cruises at the same time 🙂
The only time I had a porter use there tags was a few weeks ago on Symphony. We got an upgrade the day before we set sail... 

• Like 1

We also use tag holders.  I put tags on the checked luggage and also the carry-ons.  It's nice to have a bag I'm dragging onboard that has a tag with my room number on it.   I also heard someone left some of her bags in the taxi, but they made it onto the ship, thanks to affixing the tags.

• Like 3

I have seen hundreds of posts around people stressing out over or making excessive plans in regards to self-service luggage tags (cruise docs not here yet, wrong tags, updated cabin, best holder, can’t print, etc, etc etc). You know what I never see, posts about porters sending luggage to wrong cabin, or any issues with those who don’t worry about printing them ahead of time. Just sayin…🤷‍♂️

I have seen a few posts of lost luggage. I have no idea who misplaced it but is not fun to not have your stuff

• Like 1

I don't think it's a stress thing when people are asking about their luggage tags or documents. I think it's more of an excitement thing. Just seeing those things means the cruise is almost there. I personally enjoy every part of the registration and document stuff. It may be weird but planning and doing the paperwork are fun for me. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

We also use tag holders.  I put tags on the checked luggage and also the carry-ons.  It's nice to have a bag I'm dragging onboard that has a tag with my room number on it.   I also heard someone left some of her bags in the taxi, but they made it onto the ship, thanks to affixing the tags.

I put on on the little bag I carry around the ship that holds my water bottle and sanitizer and stuff.  That way if I forget it, hopefully it will get returned.

1 hour ago, dwayneb236 said:

I don't think it's a stress thing when people are asking about their luggage tags or documents. I think it's more of an excitement thing. Just seeing those things means the cruise is almost there. I personally enjoy every part of the registration and document stuff. 

Not that long ago when we started cruising (2001) the big thing was waiting for that inch thick envelop in the mail. It was our right to do what everyone called the "DOC DANCE"..

The spiral bound BOOK we got was personalized for our particular cruise including our boarding passes, detailed itinerary information, information and map about the ship we would be sailing on.  Each port was described along with each excursion for the individual ports. And always included was the complete set of those indestructible full color adhesive luggage tags.

However there is still that excitement factor when our printer spits out the tags.  LOL 

Pre-Covid we have seen several bags being wheeled through the Promenade on a dolly by a crew member. No tags...Seems likely (by how many there were) these where possibly bags that the owners self affixed tags had probably come off. The tags the porters give you are just like airline tags which don't easily come off. Just saying...if you're going to do it your self make sure they'll stay on.

17 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Pre-Covid we have seen several bags being wheeled through the Promenade on a dolly by a crew member. No tags...Seems likely (by how many there were) these where possibly bags that the owners self affixed tags had probably come off. The tags the porters give you are just like airline tags which don't easily come off. Just saying...if you're going to do it your self make sure they'll stay on.

Exactly why we know use these sturdy luggage tag holders. I never put them on our luggage until we are getting ready to leave out pre cruise hotel. 

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjc6M24kJ3zAhUUEucKHZj8AC4YABAGGgJwdg&ae=2&sig=AOD64_0Nby2iKh09DigXYaq1haim3mh9vw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwi1hMa4kJ3zAhXN_54KHWNsAhAQ9aACegQIARBK&adurl=

Edited by davekathy