Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

Calling Virgin Voyages yet again, as the email that they sent doesn't even nearly resemble the agreement that we arrived at on the phone only minutes ago... They should just call themselves "Cluster you know what" cruise line... 

PXL_20211004_231613973.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Calling Virgin Voyages yet again, as the email that they sent doesn't even nearly resemble the agreement that we arrived at on the phone only minutes ago... They should just call themselves "Cluster you know what" cruise line... 

PXL_20211004_231613973.jpg

Are you sure you want to go on the very first sailing of this ship? 😬😬

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm back home now, and I'm putting in yet another call to Virgin Voyages, as their email doesn't even nearly reflect the conversation that I had with them only minutes ago... I'm so damn mad at this entire situation right now that I can't even express it without violating Cruise Critic rules... This has got to be the most inept company that has ever existed in the cruise industry... Every single thing that they have ever told me has turned out NOT TO BE TRUE... They've been jerking me around for TWO YEARS already, and now this...

• Like 4

On 10/1/2021 at 4:52 PM, sid_9169 said:

When I got home from work today, look what I found in my mailbox!... They told me that these would be picked up at the port... I guess that this goes right along with pretty much everything else they've told me for the last year and a half... Incorrect information... Anyhoo, I'm happy to finally have it in my hands. They even put my middle name (Sid) on there instead of my first name (James) which is what I was expecting...

PXL_20211001_204810390.jpg

Does everyone get their name on it or was this just for the first cruise? 

• Like 1

Sid this will work it's way out.  Maybe not in your favor at this moment but it will, possibly onboard.  That's when I would try and see what can be done if it can't be fixed to your satisfaction prior.

• Like 3

That's just insane!  You would think VV would upgrade you automatically or move you into another cabin same category.   I hope the rest of your cruise goes well.

I have not rebooked my cruise yet.  I'm waiting to see how the cruise industry does, plus I'm really hoping VV will extend my time.  Last February I received an email saying VV wanted to be fair and give a year to take the cruise.  However, since they only start sailing this month, technically, that's only giving me 4 months...  I'll have a heck of a time trying to get time off work during the school year.

By the way, thank you for mentioning that dinners can only be booked ONCE per restaurant.  I had not realized that.  Now I need to research the restaurants better.

And Happy belated Birthday!!!

Edited by Kesali
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I just got a call from Virgin Voyages saying that they "need my cabin as part of the quarantine area"... They said that I would receive a "Central Sea Terrace" and $100 in Sailor Loot for my trouble. Keep in mind, I'm booked in an XL Sea Terrace, which is an entire grade above central... They're basically downgrading me!... After nearly two years, and seven cancellations, they're pulling the rug out from under me.........

*****!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, sid_9169 said:

Most of the month of April was a blur… Other than excessive eating and drinking, I had begun sleeping an average of 11-12 hours a night, just to pass the time. I was even more depressed than ever about my life as a whole. Coming to the realization, that after 50 years on this Earth, I was nothing but a “non-essential worker”, while the 16 year old kid behind the checkout counter at Publix was “critical infrastructure”... It’s as if my entire life had been kicked square in the nuts…

This is the best, most accurate portrayal of the pandemic in one paragraph I’ve read. Sadly. 

Anywho…loving the review!

• Like 2

I swear to you that Virgin Voyages customer service is the WORST EVER of any cruise line... I just spent another hour and a half on hold and trying to deal with them... I've already LOST the XL Sea Terrace that I paid for months ago... Now, they're trying to jerk me out of the couple of hundred dollars I paid over and above the amount of the Shipload of Love contest... They're saying that they'll refund me  $74 and I'll have an extra $100 on Sailor Loot, even though I paid $174 over and above the amount of the prize anyway... The way I see it, is that money belongs to me, and if I have $100 in Sailor Loot, then that's above and beyond the money I've already paid... I really hate even having to deal with them at this point... I have to admit that I did end up using some "salty" language with the customer service representative... They tried to defend it by saying that they were trying to give me back money that I had already paid to them, but I insisted that I don't care about the money, it's a principal at this point... I just wanted exactly what I paid to them already, plus the "claimed" hundred dollars in Sailor Loot... After about an hour on the phone, hopefully this is all worked out... I'm going to tell you right now, that dealing with Virgin Voyages is an excruciating process, and I almost regret booking with them altogether...

• Like 10