Coco Cay Beach Club in the rain?

brookmill18

I know that the weather can change, but next week in the Bahamas area does not look great! I bought beach club entrance on "sale" for $85. I'm not sure how far in advance I'd need to cancel it to get refund--assuming before the cruise starts. Just wondering for those that have been---would you keep the beach club even if it was going to rain a significant amount of time? 

44 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

I know that the weather can change, but next week in the Bahamas area does not look great! I bought beach club entrance on "sale" for $85. I'm not sure how far in advance I'd need to cancel it to get refund--assuming before the cruise starts. Just wondering for those that have been---would you keep the beach club even if it was going to rain a significant amount of time? 

I would as long as there isn’t any lightning. I know there is no way to tell ahead, but I’m assuming Royal would make everyone go back to the ship. Wondering if they give refunds if they clear the island?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

I'm not sure how far in advance I'd need to cancel it to get refund--assuming before the cruise starts. 

I don't believe it has changed recently.  If not, then Cruise Planner purchases have to be cancelled no later than 48 hours before your sailing for a refund.

• Thanks 1

Called to ask this very question yesterday, only regarding an over the water cabana. Assuming they are both treated the same since they are considered excursions you have 48 hours prior to sail date to cancel for a full refund. If the excursion desk cancels due to weather you will receive a refund as well. Those are the only two refund options.

Edited by theLCC1

Unless there is electricity in the air, life goes on as normal on Coco Cay. If there is any threat of lightning, the captain will make the call to empty the island. Depending on when or if that happens, you may receive a partial refund of what you paid.

Other than the over-the-water cabanas, the beach club really doesn't have a lot of covered space for people to duck under if it rains - really the only area suitable would be the restaurant space. It's a 15 minute walk back to the pier, and the trams are very "open air", so if it rains you are  going to get wet either way.

Was on Allure last week, as we approached Coco Cay, weather looked ominous....raining, lightning, etc...

By the time we made to our Cabana at Coco Cay Beach Club...it was glorious....you never know in the Caribbean.  

BTW, the Beach Club is very nice...

When we were there last month, we heard thunder and they told every to get out of the water for probably 20 minutes? or so. It didn't rain - the clouds passed and it turned into a beautiful day. If you look closely,  you can see the rainbow in the photo below.  20210905_092718.thumb.jpg.260bfef8b9736992f0f10360b4de8948.jpg

• Like 1