Live Anthem UK Seacation 2nd 0ct 2021

kernow

19 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

That’s all very interesting. To be fair a lot of the cruises we have been on have been like sailing on a millpond but we have had some choppier ones too! 😅

I wonder if they do not operate the stabilisers in the Irish Sea or the English Chanel and if that makes the difference. 

Did they have a question time with the captain or staff? I love those events. I always pick up something new!

Yes the Captains corner was one sea day morning. Early (aka before 10:30 ) so I didn’t make it but they showed it on the TVs in the cabin. 

Edited by little britain

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

Yes the Captains corner was one sea day morning. Early (aka before 10:30 ) so I didn’t make it but they showed it on the TVs in the cabin. 

Thanks LB for the info! I’ll look out for that one and possibly set my alarm! 😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Think it was at 9.15 on the last sea day, too early for us also and forgot to look for it on the TV!

On 10/3/2021 at 1:41 PM, kernow said:

Seas are good, just a gentle motion which I like. Ship doesn't feel crowded nor to empty (which it did a bit on MSC), numbers seem ideal. I did ask at guest services and was told one thousand four hundred and something onboard but not certain if that is correct as one of the b2b cruisers was told 1800 booked.I'll ask someone else if I get chance.

We saw WWRY this afternoon which was excellent, really good singing and dancing. Unlike LB we've had no problem with drink vouchers so far.

Officers for those who wanted them

20211003_180812.jpg

Captain Bain is so personable.  You will see him out and about talking to the passengers.

17 hours ago, Roybthered said:

Has anyone any idea what the exchange rate was from $ to £ ? just to see if it would be easier to get anything on the card or take dollars. Thanks

On my statement ( which they converted into £ when I didn’t want them to!) it says 1.00 USD = 0.7596 GBP

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 11:46 PM, ConnieTact said:

Sorry, I couldn’t replay until now as CC was quoting every other post when I tried to respond! I guess Mick got to wear his shorts as it’s been amazing weather today! 
If you happen to be able to find out how many will be onboard on the 20th sailing that would be great! It seems, from Kernow’s info, 2,000 on yours and 2,800 on the one after ours but wonder if ours will be 2,000 also. 
Have a great time!

Hi Terri, sorry for the delay in responding, the ship’s internet is c@@p and I certainly think they’re somehow blocking CC. Anyway, we’ve reached Liverpool today so I’ve finally got 4G back. 
Yep, Mick’s been wearing his shorts. The weather has been amazing for the last 3 days, been sunbathing by the pool. I got burnt on Sunday as it was that hot and I haven’t brought any lotion with me as I never dreamt it would be like that. Unfortunately, it’s cloudy and drizzling in Liverpool so it looks like it’s back to jeans and a jacket.

I asked our MDR waiter about numbers, he seemed to think there was approx 2,400 on board this week but said there was a lot less next week. The following week he reckoned was the most pax they were going to have and that would make sense as it’s half term. There’s very few kids this week, someone told Mick there was 178 but I find that hard to believe as I’ve only seen the odd few in the pool and out and about.

Windjammer isn’t open for dinner this week, I guess it won’t be next week either if numbers are even lower. We ate in Coastal Kitchen last night (we’re in a JS this sailing), my steak was cooked to perfection. However, I wouldn’t say the food quality is any better than in the MDR but obviously that’s very subjective.

The ship hasn’t changed much from when we were on her 4 years ago. No signs of wear and tear anywhere that I’ve seen.

We went to the late night adult comedy show last night, lots of f-bombs and jokes about sex and bodily functions. We found it highly amusing! 😁

Anyway, have a great cruise, if you have any more questions just let me know.

Regards, Carole

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Hi Terri, sorry for the delay in responding, the ship’s internet is c@@p and I certainly think they’re somehow blocking CC. Anyway, we’ve reached Liverpool today so I’ve finally got 4G back. 
Yep, Mick’s been wearing his shorts. The weather has been amazing for the last 3 days, been sunbathing by the pool. I got burnt on Sunday as it was that hot and I haven’t brought any lotion with me as I never dreamt it would be like that. Unfortunately, it’s cloudy and drizzling in Liverpool so it looks like it’s back to jeans and a jacket.

I asked our MDR waiter about numbers, he seemed to think there was approx 2,400 on board this week but said there was a lot less next week. The following week he reckoned was the most pax they were going to have and that would make sense as it’s half term. There’s very few kids this week, someone told Mick there was 178 but I find that hard to believe as I’ve only seen the odd few in the pool and out and about.

Windjammer isn’t open for dinner this week, I guess it won’t be next week either if numbers are even lower. We ate in Coastal Kitchen last night (we’re in a JS this sailing), my steak was cooked to perfection. However, I wouldn’t say the food quality is any better than in the MDR but obviously that’s very subjective.

The ship hasn’t changed much from when we were on her 4 years ago. No signs of wear and tear anywhere that I’ve seen.

We went to the late night adult comedy show last night, lots of f-bombs and jokes about sex and bodily functions. We found it highly amusing! 😁

Regards, Carole

Hi.

what was the name of the late night comic?

we were on w/c 26/09 and never went as we had our Granddaughter with us.

there were only 860 people when we went including 30 children.

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Regards, Carole

Thanks for the update, glad that you have had some nice weather too.

We never went to the comedian so can't remember his name. Heard from a few people who didn't enjoy it but I think someone said he was leaving so maybe you have a different one this week. We were told 140 ish kids last week and like you hardly noticed them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrpie90 said:

what was the name of the late night comic?

It’s John Moloney, quite funny if you find adult humour amusing (which we must do as we were laughing loudly at some of the things he was saying 😉). His set was advertised at 45 minutes, however, he was only on stage for about half an hour.

2 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Regards, Carole

Hi Carole

I thought that’s what had happened to you. In a way, it may be good for us to be without internet for a few days to really unwind! Although I usually do daily postings for my two cats- Instagram account!! 😾🐾🙀

Ive been having issue with posting to CC and I’m not even onboard yet! 😅

Are you going to explore Liverpool today now you can freely get off?

We have tours lined up for Belfast and Liverpool as missed getting off when on Virtuosa. 
Interesting to hear about dining as not heard of we have upgrades so at present have 5.30 sitting at a MDR! I don’t mind eating early though but we may do a specialty or two if not upgraded.

I’d be interested in seeing your entertainment planners for each of first five nights as I can get some idea of when we can see which show.

Sounds like comedian was good with a ‘bit of blue for the dad’s!!!’ 🤣

Enjoy yourself and have a Hugo Spitz for me!! 😜🥂

2 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Are you going to explore Liverpool today now you can freely get off?

I’d be interested in seeing your entertainment planners for each of first five nights as I can get some idea of when we can see which show.

Yes we got off and had a wander around today in Liverpool. The Albert Dock has lots of shops and restaurants and within an easy walk from where the ship docks. We then walked up into the town and had a look at the Cavern Club and surrounding area which was interesting. 

We’re back on board now, just had a nice lunch and sitting out on deck with a cocktail. I’ll post the entertainment planners so far when I return to the cabin to give you some idea of what’s on when. 

• Like 1

Hi, did you get a clear view about which sailings and numbers they meant? We're on 20th sailing but I think there's one on 15th too. which did you mean by "next week". I'm sure half term sailing must be the one the week after us on 25th.

Edited by JJWW

44 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Yes we got off and had a wander around today in Liverpool. The Albert Dock has lots of shops and restaurants and within an easy walk from where the ship docks. We then walked up into the town and had a look at the Cavern Club and surrounding area which was interesting. 

We’re back on board now, just had a nice lunch and sitting out on deck with a cocktail. I’ll post the entertainment planners so far when I return to the cabin to give you some idea of what’s on when. 

That sounds like a good day! We have booked a Beatles tour in a car Beatle themed decorated car! 😀

Is there a Beatles tribute band onboard or just musical tribute? I seem to remember there being a Beatles something but not sure what! Would love to dance to their music! 

2 minutes ago, JJWW said:

Hi, did you get a clear view about which sailings and numbers they meant? We're on 20th sailing but I think there's one on 15th too. which did you mean by "next week". I'm sure half term sailing must be the one the week after us on 25th.

I think so too JJWW. The schools seem to break up on the Friday after we have left on the Wednesday! 🤞 

3 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Is there a Beatles tribute band onboard or just musical tribute?

There’s a Headliner show called Beatles Celebration. It’s only on once, 7:30pm on Thursday which is our last night. It’s in the Two70 lounge though not the theatre so I’m not sure if it’s a tribute act or footage of the group being shown on the big screens in there with their music being played. We’ve booked to see it so I’ll let you know. Haven’t seen anything to do with The Beatles being advertised.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaroleC said:

There’s a Headliner show called Beatles Celebration. It’s only on once, 7:30pm on Thursday which is our last night. It’s in the Two70 lounge though not the theatre so I’m not sure if it’s a tribute act or footage of the group being shown on the big screens in there with their music being played. We’ve booked to see it so I’ll let you know. Haven’t seen anything to do with The Beatles being advertised.

That’s what I was thinking of Carole. Let me know if I should bring my Dancing shoes!! 💃🏽 😂

19 minutes ago, JJWW said:

Sorry, yes you’re quite right, I was forgetting about the 15th. What our waiter actually said was the busiest sailing was the 25th (which is definitely half term week) but the one before that was quiet. So you should be good. Apologies for the confusion, too many cocktails perhaps 🍹😁

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

They were on last week and we enjoyed them, they are a tribute act. They said people could dance (in their own spotlight) but no one did. I think it's a bit difficult to get to the dance floor in 270 with this kind of show, we were in the balcony so no good for us.

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

That sounds like a good day! We have booked a Beatles tour in a car Beatle themed decorated car! 😀

Is it this car, we spotted it near the statues and Mark loved the look of it!

IMG_20211004_113840.jpg