Live Anthem UK Seacation 2nd 0ct 2021

kernow

1 minute ago, ConnieTact said:

Thanks for the live review! I have just read it all as we are onboard from 20th of this month. We were also on YC on Virtuosa just after you! We follow in your footsteps it seems 😀

How does Anthem compare to Virtuosa experience? 
Did you get an upgrade this time? 
Although we love  Magnifica, we are put off as no YC! Think we may travel to Barcelona & get on either the Grandiosa or Fantasia in January….so we’ll stop following you!! 😅😂

We did try for Royal Up but were not lucky this time. I know what you mean about no YC, we were thinking of going in the Med but when we saw Magnifica decided to go for that. We've already said we want to do YC in the Caribbean when things go back to normal. 

Honestly I preferred Virtuosa to this ship even forgetting about YC. Just think the ship was so much more beautiful, this is our first time on Quantum class and I'm a bit disappointed with the feel of the ship itself. The entertainment is great though, better than MSC, much more going on. Also loving dinner in CK which we have been able to book every night, think it compares well to YC restaurant.

• Like 1

We board on Saturday. Never been on RCL before so taken the opportunity to try out the brand. Have recently been on Princess and P&O staycation cruises so great opportunity to try different lines cheaply. We have had quite low occupancy on other cruise lines so very interested to know the current occupancy on Anthem. Sky Princess had 2100 so roughly 70%. Interested to know if the lines are struggling to sell cabins or not, as if they are further bargains may become available 

14 hours ago, kernow said:

Honestly I preferred Virtuosa to this ship even forgetting about YC. Just think the ship was so much more beautiful, this is our first time on Quantum class and I'm a bit disappointed with the feel of the ship itself. The entertainment is great though, better than MSC, much more going on. Also loving dinner in CK which we have been able to book every night, think it compares well to YC restaurant.

That’s helpful to know- thanks Kernow. We are looking forward to the entertainment on the ship although really enjoyed some on Virtuosa too- especially shows in carousel lounge.

5 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Eurofins get a lot of poor reviews online, but I cant fault them.

We were also very happy with them (celebrity cruise).  Professional covid secure test at hotel near Heathrow,  results through within 24 hours 

thanks for all the updates. We're 4 first time crusiers (apart from a Cunard 2 nighter) joining on 20th.

Interesting to note numbers are going up since the earlier cruises. Hopefully the balance is right as once of the reasons we haven't cruised before is the idea of 4000+ souls onboard! But at the same time, youtube videos of earlier trips have looked soulless!

Are they allowing people to sit at the bar or is it still only table service?

Does anyone have any view on the shopping options? I'm always on the lookout for watches and see that there's a couple of options onboard. But does anyone know if prices are competitive/duty free for example on a UK trip?

We've booked the 3 night dining upgrade and requested the first night at 8:30pm. But do people think that we'll struggle when onboard to get preferred dining times for the other 3 nights if the numbers are around 2000? Should I book regular dining slots anyway if available (as you can't book more than one night in advance from your peciality package) so we have options to play with when deciding which nights to use the speciality package?

2 hours ago, JJWW said:

thanks for all the updates. We're 4 first time crusiers (apart from a Cunard 2 nighter) joining on 20th.

Interesting to note numbers are going up since the earlier cruises. Hopefully the balance is right as once of the reasons we haven't cruised before is the idea of 4000+ souls onboard! But at the same time, youtube videos of earlier trips have looked soulless!

Are they allowing people to sit at the bar or is it still only table service?

Does anyone have any view on the shopping options? I'm always on the lookout for watches and see that there's a couple of options onboard. But does anyone know if prices are competitive/duty free for example on a UK trip?

We've booked the 3 night dining upgrade and requested the first night at 8:30pm. But do people think that we'll struggle when onboard to get preferred dining times for the other 3 nights if the numbers are around 2000? Should I book regular dining slots anyway if available (as you can't book more than one night in advance from your peciality package) so we have options to play with when deciding which nights to use the speciality package?

They sell watches and there are quite a few brands they have and they also have sales on (usually on the last night). As to the specialty dining, once you get on go to one of the restaurants and book all the lunch/dinner spots from them. They can do it from that computer for all the specialty restaurants. We are on the 15th sailing and have booked the UDP as well as the DBP as the cruise was very cheep indeed.

5 hours ago, gavvy said:

Still waiting for my results, I did however wake up to 25 emails to say they had received my sample at the Lab!

Hopefully hear something soon

I woke up this morning to 37 emails advising my sample was at the lab! Then I received another 20 odd today before I finally got my negative result. Think they may have an IT issue 😁

• Like 1

Anyone know how many PAX on board at the moment - v interested to know what numbers they are sailing with. Most crew seem to know - got my figures from bar staff on Sky Princess and guest services on Britannia. Also would not fancy this ship with 4000 people on board. Hoping to do north Star, Wave Rider and other attractions that may usually be too busy and become booked up very quickly.

6 hours ago, Pack Leader said:

Anyone know how many PAX on board at the moment - v interested to know what numbers they are sailing with. Most crew seem to know - got my figures from bar staff on Sky Princess and guest services on Britannia. Also would not fancy this ship with 4000 people on board. Hoping to do north Star, Wave Rider and other attractions that may usually be too busy and become booked up very quickly.

I’m tying to find out about numbers too for my daughters. We’ve just come off Sky Princess and there were 1250 guests onboard, it was great! 😀

6 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I woke up this morning to 37 emails advising my sample was at the lab! Then I received another 20 odd today before I finally got my negative result. Think they may have an IT issue 😁

Yes, but Carole where you sure they had your test?!?!😅😂

I’m sure they were just double checking, again and again! 
So glad you’re all set to go! Bet you’re all packed ready! 

8 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Yes, but Carole where you sure they had your test?!?!😅😂

I’m sure they were just double checking, again and again! 
So glad you’re all set to go! Bet you’re all packed ready! 

Hi Terri, yes all those emails were slightly confusing, I even received some after I’d had the results. They seem to have stopped now thankfully lol. 
Not packing until today although everything’s out on the hanging rail ready to be put into the suitcases. Mick’s even got some shorts out, I reckon that’s a bit optimistic though 😎.
Let me know if you want me to check anything out for you, I’ll be happy to do so.

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1

Hi, just come close enough to pick up my own data. Haven't been on because it appears Cruise Critic is blocked on the ship. They deny it but others also seem unable to log on with ships wifi.

I will finish the review when I get home tomorrow. Will be interested if people find the same thing next week!

Shorts are abousolutely fine onboard, lots of people including Mark in them right now as the weather is nice today.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kernow said:

Shorts are abousolutely fine onboard, lots of people including Mark in them right now as the weather is nice today.

That’s good to know. We’re boarding tomorrow and DH appears to think we’re sailing the Caribbean going by the amount of shorts he’s packed! 😁

Edited by CaroleC

55 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Where? I can’t see it on mine

Took me a while to find it again. In the app under the centre icon at the top, calendar, click Hints and Tips in blue at the bottom of that page  and you can then check each days attire in the list of items for that day. Bit hidden and not obvious. Actually don’t find the app that intuit

35 minutes ago, Pack Leader said:

Took me a while to find it again. In the app under the centre icon at the top, calendar, click Hints and Tips in blue at the bottom of that page  and you can then check each days attire in the list of items for that day. Bit hidden and not obvious. Actually don’t find the app that intuit

Found it, thank you. You’re right, it is hidden. I’ve looked at the app numerous times and never seen it before. I’m not that impressed with the app either, it often seems to freeze on me, then I either have to restart my iPad or return to the app later.

Back in Southampton so back on data😀.

Even onboard the app is not very reliable, and even the staff admit the Internet is rubbish, can't imagine anyone paying is happy.

Formal nights for us were 2 and 6, lots of people dressed up especially the first one.

Had a long chat with Federico the D concierge last night, he said around 2000 on today's cruise and 2800 on 25th (half term) of which 1000 children. He will have left the ship by then, he has to go home to get US visa. Sorry I never did get to speak to Joff.

I will finish review properly when I get home.

Happy cruising to those boarding today.

• Like 3

Back in Southampton and able to log on to CC again…. How very strange that neither of us could sign in to post whilst on ships Wi-fi…..almost as if we were blocked from access.

I will post thoughts when I get home and the first load of laundry 🧺 is on! 

• Like 4