Live Anthem UK Seacation 2nd 0ct 2021

kernow

Just looking back through and can answer a few questions. 

Haven't seen anyone sitting at any bars but did see people walk up to Schooner bar and get drinks themselves. Service in all bars has been good.

Don't think you will have a problem booking speciality restaurants. 

If you are boarding fairly early, we were able to book on the app in the terminal for lots of things.

Ask questions again if I've missed anything.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kernow said:

Ask questions again if I've missed anything.

Sorry, this has probably been covered already but we’re leaving for Southampton in a few minutes and I haven’t got time to read through the thread lol. Anyhow, was Windjammer open for dinner?

6 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Sorry, this has probably been covered already but we’re leaving for Southampton in a few minutes and I haven’t got time to read through the thread lol. Anyhow, was Windjammer open for dinner?

Not on our cruise, think the ship has to be 50% capacity.

Have a good trip, we're just about to leave.

• Thanks 1

So, after “ strangely” being unable to connect to CC whilst on RCI Wi-fi 🤷‍♀️…. Back home and thoughts continued.

In Belfast we caught a cab into the city & walked around and then did the hoho bus. Couldn’t hear a word the man was saying but impressions were of a city still with reminders of the troubles. The huge gates and walls dividing the areas, the war murals, the placards to the hunger strikers….. it didn’t have a good feel and I won’t be rushing back.

We then went to the Titanic museum; a magnificent building that had been well laid out. 

7DC2ADA4-E287-4C0C-BF52-E5AF9328EDF8.jpeg

5E475DC3-396B-45C9-BFCF-9E81F869879C.jpeg

86F936A4-5558-4C66-91DC-6C37F25A3A6A.jpeg

8174DC22-DE34-484A-9746-6CD3CB32D047.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JJWW said:

Did he mention the numbers for the 20th sailing. Thanks for your info

I don't think he did specifically but implied that all the remaining ones are over 2000 with the last one the busiest.

Just got back home, had a good run. First batch of washing in and now going to collect the cat.

Will be back later on.

• Like 1

Then followed 2 sea days. It was very warm yesterday ( sunbathing in October in the English Channel!).  We did the Progressive  quiz and came a respectable 4th.  

Entertainment was mixed: of course have seen Spectres and WWRY about 5 times now; there was a great Irish group called Graffiti Classics who were very funny indeed, the band in the Music Hall were called The Dukes with a lead singer who should perhaps consider a career change; the Boleros group were excellent; Gary Williams was a brat pack type crooner who we have seen on a few ships before and a group who were meant to be a Frankie Valli tribute but steered wide of the mark when they were singing Eminem 🤦‍♀️.

Onboard they were obviously adhering to the current guidelines, but were inconsistent  …. You could only dance in your spotlight during the Beatles Show in 270 but in Boleros no spotlights!  
The Family bathroom had a sign saying only one person allowed in at a time ( think about that one!!).

I actually missed the reassurance that I had on MSC when they took your temperature daily and you wore a tracker bracelet.  There were several children on board and a lot of coughs; I would feel happier if they did a mandatory LFT half way through the cruise. 
Even with 1800 on board it was occasionally tricky to find a seat especially in the Schooner Bar.  

We are so spoiled with these empty ships, it will be very hard going back to a full load!!

Food quality was generally excellent, and I’m glad I had read the post reminding me about the chilled fruit soups as I asked and received these (strawberry and banana ones were my favourites)

When the cruise lines first started the UK seacation, my first thoughts were who on earth will go on those…. But I’m very glad I did as I have now visited places in my own country that I’m ashamed to say I have never been to!   And double points too!

6322DC6C-7F0B-4EE8-A625-B25FDB497E24.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

LB it was great to cruise with you again, hope it won't be too long until we do so again. 

I agree with most of your comments. They had some fantastic entertainment onboard, we'd not seen WWRY before and loved it, the cast were brilliant. They also did an afternoon show where the 6 leads performed different songs from 70s, 80s and 90s which was not to be missed.Personally I was not so keen on Graffiti Classics but Mark loved it. We enjoyed the Jersey Boys tribute but wish they had just stuck to the traditional stuff.

I also felt safer on MSC but I guess that was a few months ago and restrictions have relaxed a bit. At times parts of the ship felt a bit crowded, however will we all manage when ships return to full capacity? Think we have all been spoilt.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 2:55 PM, Pack Leader said:

Anyone know how many PAX on board at the moment - v interested to know what numbers they are sailing with. Most crew seem to know - got my figures from bar staff on Sky Princess and guest services on Britannia. Also would not fancy this ship with 4000 people on board. Hoping to do north Star, Wave Rider and other attractions that may usually be too busy and become booked up very quickly.

If you’re looking to do the free North Star trip ( up and down whilst in port) they release these into the Planner at 8am on the day.  We had no issues getting the time we wanted for our Liverpool day. Sadly it started raining.

The over the side options did not seem sold out yesterday ( at sea) and were running every 20 minutes.

8930175E-72BE-49CF-B724-8DB93D80BA76.jpeg

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

If you’re looking to do the free North Star trip ( up and down whilst in port) they release these into the Planner at 8am on the day.  We had no issues getting the time we wanted for our Liverpool day. Sadly it started raining.

The over the side options did not seem sold out yesterday ( at sea) and were running every 20 minutes.

8930175E-72BE-49CF-B724-8DB93D80BA76.jpeg

We sail on Friday coming (15th) and I am looking forward to coming back into Liverpool on Sunday and going up in the North Star whilst in port.

24 hours off the ship and I've almost stopped rocking! Time to give my final thoughts.

First off we really enjoyed the cruise and are glad we did it. Met some lovely people, caught up with some old friends and made some new ones.

Personally I think it's my least favourite RCL class of ship. I really missed the big open promenade and the large lounges. Yes 270 is beautiful but there is always something going on there, you can very rarely just sit quietly and enjoy the view. I also missed the big dining room, the 3 separate ones felt a bit ordinary. The indoor pool/solarium was perfect for this cruise but did think there is limited outdoor space for when the ship is in warmer climes. All that said I'm pleased to have tried it and know that many love it.

As I've already said the entertainment was great, always something to do which was a bit lacking on MSC. The food was also really good, we ate most dinners in CK, but tried the MDR for 2 breakfasts and a lunch and enjoyed it. There is currently no buffet area in the MDR which is understandable. Liked Cafe 270, Sorrentos and Doghouse, never got to Cafe Promenade. Staff were excellent and friendly, particularly our Stateroom attendant and waitress in CK.

I'm sure I'll think of more later but for now will post some random pics (the first one is my scariest moment onboard in North Star!).

LB, have also just been reading about people testing positive😧

IMG_20211005_131342.jpg

IMG_20211005_193144.jpg

IMG_20211005_201857.jpg

IMG_20211007_201949.jpg

IMG_20211008_133716.jpg

IMG_20211008_134903.jpg

IMG_20211008_210208.jpg

IMG_20211008_212527.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fabulous that you had some good weather, think it's going to be good this week too. 

But worrying that darn covid slipped thru the protocols , wonder if they caught it in one of the ports. Wonder if RC have a system to report cases once the cruise is finished . Even if just for their own records 

Edited by sgmn

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Fabulous that you had some good weather, think it's going to be good this week too. 

But worrying that darn covid slipped thru the protocols , wonder if they caught it in one of the ports. Wonder if RC have a system to report cases once the cruise is finished . Even if just for their own records 

The family reporting it have children and say they did not leave the ship. I heard of 2 different people saying their cabin stewards disappeared midway through the cruise so wonder if it is onboard and staff are isolating. I suppose it's inevitable that there will be a few cases with so many people all together.

• Like 1

The whole of deck 7 forward was closed off as “crew area” so wondered if that was an isolation/quarantine area.

The family have 2 children, did not get off the ship and the child was saying she felt ill on Wednesday.  I have no idea how long C takes to show?

LFT negative 

• Like 1

On our cruise on Harmony out of Barcelona all unvaccinated kids had to do a compulsory rapid test mid-cruise. I'm not sure whose requirement that was, whether Royal's or the Spanish or Italian government's, and everyone disembarking in Barcelona had to have one on the last day of the cruise (Spanish govt requirement). I suspect someone tested positive on that final day test as there was a security officer stationed outside a door in our corridor all day.

It's interesting how the testing requirements vary from country to country; a mid-cruise test for kids, like we had on Harmony, would very possibly have caught the case on Anthem allowing appropriate measures to be taken to prevent spread.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kernow said:

24 hours off the ship and I've almost stopped rocking! Time to give my final thoughts.

We were on this cruise with friends. One thing we all found really odd is that we were all affected by the motion until today. We've all sailed many times before but have never experienced the motion feeling a whole day after disembarking!  I note a few people on the corresponding FB group have said the same thing! 

8 hours ago, little britain said:

I have no idea how long C takes to show?

Usually around 5-6 days, so if the kids started to feel unwell on Wednesday they almost certainly caught it just before the trip. That’s the problem with corona, the long incubation period before symptoms appear makes it easy to spread before you realise you have it. It’ll take some days after catching it before you’ve enough viral load to be detected so it’s a difficult problem for Royal - it leaves a window where someone is infected but you won’t detect it. 
It’s another reason why short cruises are favoured - not enough time for new infections when onboard to make themselves felt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

One thing we all found really odd is that we were all affected by the motion until today. We've all sailed many times before but have never experienced the motion feeling a whole day after disembarking!  I note a few people on the corresponding FB group have said the same thing! 

I would be thrilled if I only had it for one day. I sometimes "feel the motion" for almost a full week after a cruise and continue to take Bonine post-cruise.  Hope you had fun. 

5 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

We were on this cruise with friends. One thing we all found really odd is that we were all affected by the motion until today. We've all sailed many times before but have never experienced the motion feeling a whole day after disembarking!  I note a few people on the corresponding FB group have said the same thing! 

Our first four cruises were with RCI and each time we could feel motion after disembarking. After that, we have been on NCL and MSC and a couple of others and not felt it. So, after all these years, we are hoping we don’t get it on this ship! Seems strange unless it was a particularly rocky cruise or maybe the ship is different in some ways?

we had assumed we had just got used to cruising.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:39 AM, CaroleC said:

Hi Terri, yes all those emails were slightly confusing, I even received some after I’d had the results. They seem to have stopped now thankfully lol. 
Not packing until today although everything’s out on the hanging rail ready to be put into the suitcases. Mick’s even got some shorts out, I reckon that’s a bit optimistic though 😎.
Let me know if you want me to check anything out for you, I’ll be happy to do so.

Sorry, I couldn’t replay until now as CC was quoting every other post when I tried to respond! I guess Mick got to wear his shorts as it’s been amazing weather today! 
If you happen to be able to find out how many will be onboard on the 20th sailing that would be great! It seems, from Kernow’s info, 2,000 on yours and 2,800 on the one after ours but wonder if ours will be 2,000 also. 
Have a great time!

8 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Our first four cruises were with RCI and each time we could feel motion after disembarking. After that, we have been on NCL and MSC and a couple of others and not felt it. So, after all these years, we are hoping we don’t get it on this ship! Seems strange unless it was a particularly rocky cruise or maybe the ship is different in some ways?

we had assumed we had just got used to cruising.

I think there was quite a lot of motion on our cruise even though it was just a gentle swaying most of the time. I think it was on Thursday that they closed off the top deck due to high winds so we just went out by the pool to get some air. I remember Mark pointing out the waves in the pool and the water was really sloshing about but we hadn't noticed much movement when we were inside. 

I often get the swaying feeling after a cruise, usually where it has been a bit rougher. Didn't feel anything after Virtuosa either. I also remember being on an RCL cruise and the captain talking about Quantum class and saying something about them being a different design (can't remember the details), so maybe it's because of that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kernow said:

I often get the swaying feeling after a cruise, usually where it has been a bit rougher. Didn't feel anything after Virtuosa either. I also remember being on an RCL cruise and the captain talking about Quantum class and saying something about them being a different design (can't remember the details), so maybe it's because of that.

That’s all very interesting. To be fair a lot of the cruises we have been on have been like sailing on a millpond but we have had some choppier ones too! 😅

I wonder if they do not operate the stabilisers in the Irish Sea or the English Chanel and if that makes the difference. 

Did they have a question time with the captain or staff? I love those events. I always pick up something new!