Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The video does show. I suspect it is very high def. as it buffers here in the hospital where we have pretty good wifi. That is probably why it takes you a long time to load it.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

OB is correct.  Looks like you're recording at 1440p and 60 fps.  You might want to dial that back to 1080p and 30fps while on the ship. 

Never crossed my mind but I see it set on UHD60 which is 4k 60fps.  FHD would be 1080p.  While setting everything up the last 2 weeks I set it to look good on the home OLED.  The phone also has an 8k setting which I haven't tried.  Last night, for the first time, I noticed that when editing the video I not only can shorten it, I can crop it like I did with the skating video. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What island is your first stop?

St. Martin is the 1st, then St Thomas and the 6th day is Coco.  We have been to St. Martin several times.  We may just stay on.  I thought about walking to downtown to see if there was any smoke to walk through but I may just jump in to a hot tub.  🤣 (I assuming you remember the St Thomas discussion on the "other" thread) 😁.  We will taxi to Megan's Bay at St Thomas.  At Cay we used some of that OBC on the park thing with the slides.  I bet that will be a workout! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

What Bob says. It will smooth out at 1080 at 30fps.

Yes.  I am going to try to remember switching to it on occasion to be able to post here.  Will need the 4k for home.  I know you understand that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samson66 said:

Great stuff, thank you for posting!  Keep it up if possible.  I'll be on that ship next month.

Curious if any changes to the buffets?  Self serve or do they do it for you due to COVID rules?

They are still serving.  Many stations they have dishes made up, other food you hold your plate out and they serve you.  Most of the time it's smooth.  Only once I went to an understaffed station. 

Now seating is confusing.  They seem to want to space you if you walk to seating when staff are not busy.  I believe there are times when others walk in and sit wherever.  What was funny, by the window 4 tables were full with not a lot of spacing then a 5th table to the left has a sign that says Unavailable.  Right before we left I noticed that table being used. Things are easing up. Right now in the Solarium I here the captain talking about protocol.  I am sure that will change things. 😂

20211004_102113.thumb.jpg.2599327caa870fe0e4368116899a3acf.jpg

20211004_102214.thumb.jpg.5c6455cb9f3d89ffa868c579707cf809.jpg

20211004_102407.thumb.jpg.0b3e0e84e78ef3f72b8edf79877fbed7.jpg20211004_104816.thumb.jpg.f1fee060e1b8ce0b75dd8f333edd2ef3.jpg

20211004_111336.jpg

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hate it when they close outside decks down.🤨

You would hate it today.  You can't even walk on deck 16 and they shut down the suite deck.  I is extra windy today.  I think I heard we have been dodging a tropical depression.  We are in the solarium and it is a bit out. Some of the wind is making it down but I am missing the upper deck.  Such a rough day...... 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You can't even walk on deck 16 and they shut down the suite deck.  I is extra windy today. 

Have any idea how strong the wind must be before they close it down? 25-30mph??

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Have any idea how strong the wind must be before they close it down? 25-30mph??

I am not sure but I am glad you asked.  I walked out to see if there was any change.  This side steps are still closed.  I looked to the other side, looked up and saw a guy walking up steps!  Both decks I guess are still closed but apparently it is hard to be blown of the slides! 😂

• Like 2

Our room is on the 8th floor near the 150 restaurant. I walked to the room and then started walking back to the Solarium. I was most of the way down the hallway when, wait for it..... I FORGOT MY MASK!  Luckily a crew member member was near and gave me a RC mask.  I really don't mind wearing one but it is aggregating having to remember to put it on.  Not my normal day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

St. Martin is the 1st, then St Thomas and the 6th day is Coco.  We have been to St. Martin several times.  We may just stay on.  I thought about walking to downtown to see if there was any smoke to walk through but I may just jump in to a hot tub.  🤣 (I assuming you remember the St Thomas discussion on the "other" thread) 😁.  We will taxi to Megan's Bay at St Thomas.  At Cay we used some of that OBC on the park thing with the slides.  I bet that will be a workout! 

I personally would have to get off at St Martin.  We love it there.  Could spend a nice day at the beach, maybe go to The Holland House.  Although a day in hot tub sounds nice too!

I'm sure you will have a blast at the waterpark.  Climbing those steps will work off all the extra calories this week.

Remember drink plenty of fluids!😘

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our room is on the 8th floor near the 150 restaurant. I walked to the room and then started walking back to the Solarium. I was most of the way down the hallway when, wait for it..... I FORGOT MY MASK!  Luckily a crew member member was near and gave me a RC mask.  I really don't mind wearing one but it is aggregating having to remember to put it on.  Not my normal day. 

We throw cheap carabiners on a belt loop or <something> and hang our masks from those.  Harder to walk out without your mask when it is hanging from you, and your hands are clear.  Also reinforces the touching of only the ear loops. 

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What Bob says. It will smooth out at 1080 at 30fps.

I am learning more.  I can down grade the 4k videos to 720.  I can also edit slow mo.  And if I crop then down grade I can go below 720. Let me post a sample and let me know how it shows.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I personally would have to get off at St Martin.  We love it there.  Could spend a nice day at the beach, maybe go to The Holland House.  Although a day in hot tub sounds nice too!

I'm sure you will have a blast at the waterpark.  Climbing those steps will work off all the extra calories this week.

Remember drink plenty of fluids!😘

Well this text got us Googling.  That's for the suggestion. As I was reading this I finishing a second lemon at the taco place which is good. 

🌮

😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It really doesn't make since to leave the highest and more exposed deck open and then shut down the other.  I do remember a Mexican Riviera cruose where it was so windy they shut all outdoors down for an afternoon.  That's the only time I remember it being needed. 

On our first QEII crossing, they closed all outside decks including the promenade deck. And reopened them the evening of the last day. The waves were downright scary. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do my videos show. It takes awhile for them to load so if not I will not post anymore. When I see some in this post they are spinning.  I thought it might just be the stream causing the spin.  Here is is a sample from last night. 

I don't see them.But clearly just me.

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Let me post a sample and let me know how it shows.  

Looks good and I see them just fine. That is a nice option to keep the high rez version and down convert for better usage.

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do my videos show. It takes awhile for them to load so if not I will not post anymore. When I see some in this post they are spinning.  I thought it might just be the stream causing the spin.  Here is is a sample from last night. 

I watched her spin on my iPhone

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

On our first QEII crossing, they closed all outside decks including the promenade deck. And reopened them the evening of the last day. The waves were downright scary. 

Our 20th anniversary (been awhile) we were on Sea Princess. It got rough.  While walking through the promenade a jewelry case flipped and smashed to the floor.  They said there was 20 foot swells.  There was a hurricane in the area that cruise. 

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am learning more.  I can down grade the 4k videos to 720.  I can also edit slow mo.  And if I crop then down grade I can go below 720. Let me post a sample and let me know how it shows.  

They…are…walk…ing…real…ly…slow…ly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2