Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I personally would have to get off at St Martin.  We love it there.  Could spend a nice day at the beach, maybe go to The Holland House.  

I, too, would never miss a visit to St. Maarten. I love that island.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I forgot about the time lapse and haven't tried it.  Remember we both have been considering different cams and stuff.  I finally bought a tripod to bring on the ship and haven't used it yet. 

Here is a vid of my TA playing music on the steps. I stepped this down from a 4k to 720.  Let me know how it shows. If this one works I can load some I haven't been able to load

It looks fine. I did get a little buffering on this one.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, would never miss a visit to St. Maarten. I love that island.

Me too, especially now that @Sea Dog mentioned Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise.  Spend a few hours on the beach in front of either Holland House or the Blue ***** bar, and then pick up a couple bottles of bourbon on the way back the ship.  Not a bad day at all.  One of these days, I need to check out the new Sarafina's in Marigot.  Loved them in their old place before getting hit by the hurricane.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Me too, especially now that @Sea Dog mentioned Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise.  Spend a few hours on the beach in front of either Holland House or the Blue ***** bar, and then pick up a couple bottles of bourbon on the way back the ship.  Not a bad day at all.  One of these days, I need to check out the new Sarafina's in Marigot.  Loved them in their old place before getting hit by the hurricane.

Glad you enjoyed Gulmohar's as much as I do. The other nice thing about Grand Bay is that you have a really nice beach but the boardwalk with all the shops and restaurants plus the town. So much to do and see. We will be a Blue ***** Bar on our cruise. Love that place. I do want get a chair and umbrella from Holland House on one visit.

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I can tell right now on my cruise I am going to have a hard time understanding what people are saying with their masks on and having an accent. I couldn't understand a word she said. Throw on top of that I'm hard of hearing all those years being a drummer and musician.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad you enjoyed Gulmohar's as much as I do. The other nice thing about Grand Bay is that you have a really nice beach but the boardwalk with all the shops and restaurants plus the town. So much to do and see. We will be a Blue ***** Bar on out cruise. Love that place. I do want get a chair an umbrealla from Holland House one one visit.

I can tell right now on my cruise I am going to have a hard time understanding what people are saying with their masks on and having an accent. I couldn't understand a word she said. Throw on top of that I'm hard of hearing all those years being a drummer and musician.

20 Oz Jensens and a Greg Powerplay.messed mine up.  And a whole lot of concerts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How were the eggs?

They were good.  They had a nice smoke flavor to it.  I could smell the nice smoke aroma when we entered but I wasn't aware what was going on.  It just kept making me think this food will be good.  You probably know they bring out a lot of different foods.  I enjoyed all of it but some of the food was very good . Even though they are all small servings, we were all full afterwards. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks great. Clear as a bell. Video was vertical not horizontal. Did you mean to have your landscape on locked or did you shoot the video vertical? Tell Sharon she is a great piano player.

I have been catching myself vertical recording too much on this cruise.  While at Wonderland it was fast and hard to frame horizontal.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been catching myself vertical recording too much on this cruise. 

Most people do it out of habit. I always tell people that if you want to watch your video on your computer or tv screen the video will look a lot better in a 16:9 aspect ratio. You may have to force yourself to get used to it but once you do you will really like the results especially if you want to edit some videos. Loving your stuff. Thank you for taking the time for us.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How was it? What did you think, taste and quality wise?  Looking forward to trying it on Symphony next Sept.

I thought it was better than a Taco Bell (which I rarely eat) but was not as good as our home town street tacos which is a 10.  I got a steak taco.  It would of been better if I would of noticed the topping bar at the end.  Instead I let them pour that liquid like cheese on it.  So when you go wait for the toppings.  I will probably eat there again for lunch by the pool. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

John did you have the chocolate ball desert?

Yes we shared it all.  Did I post the video of that melting away?  I thought it was good. Keith was lovin it.  A chocolate ball with ice-cream inside.  Wonderland is a great experience.  Wouldn't do it often but it's fun. 

• Like 4