Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

Thanks for posting, @Ozark_Kid. Symphony in a GS was our last cruise pre-pandemic. It’s wonderful to see her again! 

We just got off Allure a couple of weeks ago, so post cruise depression has set in. Reading reviews helps me to keep that depression at bay, so thank you very much for doing this review. 😎

9 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for posting, @Ozark_Kid. Symphony in a GS was our last cruise pre-pandemic. It’s wonderful to see her again! 

We just got off Allure a couple of weeks ago, so post cruise depression has set in. Reading reviews helps me to keep that depression at bay, so thank you very much for doing this review. 😎

Your welcome.  I debated doing this for a week or two.  As you can tell I decided to do this right before we left the hotel for the ship.  This is our first GS.  We usually do balconies.  This may spoil us.  Sometimes it's hard to go back.  We don't have another cruise 20211002_142053.thumb.jpg.62f2abb5f74e67cdccede02f005e5c0e.jpgbooked until April.  If it gets to depressing weay have to squeeze another in. 😂

I didn't notice that the cursor moved before inserting the Pic. Lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Those people do NOT look happy!  (or in some cases masked, or in all cases socially distanced)

Unhappy, unmasked,  undistanced people.. sounds like check in is getting back to normal.🙂😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

41 minutes ago, tomjohnsonjr said:

Can you find out if flight will be on your cruise? Or when will they have the first show of flight?

thanks for all the picture’s. 

Not on this cruise. I will ask if I remember which at this age that is no guarantee. 

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have a great cruise!  I will definitely be following. Good to see that the suite line is open again for check in.  That wasn't the case a couple of weeks ago for Allure.    

Thanks.  From what I read before the cruise I didn't expect it to be open but was happy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Unhappy, unmasked,  undistanced people.. sounds like check in is getting back to normal.🙂😇

By evening, except for the mask indoors, it is feeling more normal.  Like it is after the summer crowd is gone.  And speaking of distance, no distance when leaving Hairspray last night. 😂  Also I read that there was so few people they were not meeting new people.  No problem with us.  It's getting better and we are surely enjoying. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

While O3B VOOM is pretty good, satellite based internet is not known for reliability. 

I think I figured out what has been slowing me down.  I have a new phone that had secure wifi VPN enabled.  As soon as I disabled it, I connected.  I hope I remember to turn it back on. 

Ozarkkid, who likes the security but likes to be able to use the phone more. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

And the only reason I cruise.... ice-cream!  😂

The guy who owned the company that makes those ice cream cones use to live across the street from us.  Our good friends bought his house 35 years ago, when he moved.  

His son later took over as president of the company.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, kjkrmk said:

We sail on Symphony next week.  How are the crowds?  Any word on numbers of pax booked?  

I kept hearing various numbers. This morning I asked a crew member outside of Windjammer.  He called someone on the ship.  2,464 pax.  If feel that number is more accurate. 

• Like 1

20211003_130922.thumb.jpg.6b7ab444d8df70b14da4b3e14cd85ac7.jpg

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I see in the pictures in the promenade,  staff wearing green vests. Who are they?  Are they mask police?

I am not sure.  If they are I am sure they will let me know. I am not used to wearing one so it's hard for me to keep up.  I catch myself wearing one when I walk outside and not one inside.   One time I walked out of our room and realized I was supposed to wear a masked. I reached into pocket and suddenly realized I had one on! 

Still enjoying the life here. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have Nord VPN but only ever use it if I'm on an iffy public WiFi or want to spoof my location.  Definitely slows things down.

I also just noticed my DNS setting was not on automatic. Just bought my new camera (s21 ultra) a couple weeks ago. Just more to kee up with. I rarely use a phone at home.