Live from Symphony - Oct 2, 2021

5 hours ago, samson66 said:

Great stuff, thank you for posting!  Keep it up if possible.  I'll be on that ship next month.

Curious if any changes to the buffets?  Self serve or do they do it for you due to COVID rules?

Pretty sure the current buffet procedure where they serve you is the #2 change that will be kept after all the other covid restrictions are lifted. #1 being the enhanced cleaning of course. Both of these combined will make any future outbreaks (mostly norovirus of course) basically non-existent. Lets face it, some people are disgusting at buffets, this is a good change

Edited by Miloomar
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Next thing to try on your phone is a time lapse.

I forgot about the time lapse and haven't tried it.  Remember we both have been considering different cams and stuff.  I finally bought a tripod to bring on the ship and haven't used it yet. 

Here is a vid of my TA playing music on the steps. I stepped this down from a 4k to 720.  Let me know how it shows. If this one works I can load some I haven't been able to load

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Let me know how it shows.

Looks great. Clear as a bell. Video was vertical not horizontal. Did you mean to have your landscape on locked or did you shoot the video vertical? Tell Sharon she is a great piano player.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks great. Clear as a bell. Video was vertical not horizontal. Did you mean to have your landscape on locked or did you shoot the video vertical? Tell Sharon she is a great piano player.

This was one of the few times I shot vertical.  I try to shoot horizontal so it takes up the TV screen.  What I like about the phone editor, is that the original is not lost. 

I will let our TA know.  Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island284 said:

Can you tell me if the Symphony still has the horrible (in my opinion) Adirondack chairs on the pool deck. 

I will have to take a closer look the next time through.  I have not laid out by the pool yet.  Just the Solarium and deck 17. 

20211003_122529.thumb.jpg.e090740f0521a622be9eaffd61bbad82.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I forgot about the time lapse and haven't tried it.  Remember we both have been considering different cams and stuff.  I finally bought a tripod to bring on the ship and haven't used it yet. 

Here is a vid of my TA playing music on the steps. I stepped this down from a 4k to 720.  Let me know how it shows. If this one works I can load some I haven't been able to load

Good example of someone with good knees descending the stairs!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I haven't cruised MSC before so no judging the quality of a cruise  with them from me.  But after seeing one sail by I am thinking I prefer a larger RC ship 

20211004_161620.thumb.jpg.2b938a762dd6cb9503579368c89bd6b6.jpg

I can quote but I can’t just react!

So here’s my reaction. 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, jagsfan said:

Good example of someone with good knees descending the stairs!

That's why it's her and not me.  If we catch a video of it I will share me stumbling down them.  I think the song will be a remack...... Young man look at my life, 65 and there's fewer years left.  Livin like on a cruise ship that makes me think of two. 

3 minutes ago, LUVTRAVEL6 said:

Loving your review!  If all over the age of 12 need to be vaccinated, why do adults need to wear the wristbands?

I have no idea.  There are several things that don't make since to me but I am still livin and lovin the life floating around out here. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LUVTRAVEL6 said:

Loving your review!  If all over the age of 12 need to be vaccinated, why do adults need to wear the wristbands?

Little makes sense now days. Watched a YouTube video last night from someone on Ovation Seattle to Alaska,  they noticed that the vaxed dining room had less people each night for dinner.  Head waiter said many were changing to the unvaxed Grande Dinning room as it was far less crowded.. We would definitely change from the vaxed American Icon to the unvaxed  upscale Grande in a heartbeat..

Edited by taglovestocruise

A couple pics from last night. 

This is one of my favorite places.  I love the beat of the music.  I usually just enjoy listening to the music.  A few cruises ago a super fun Latino family of nice ladies were sitting next to us in the MDR and invited me to join them.  I looked at my TA and she said, no problem, just remember which room you are staying in.  I am no expert in dancing but we had a blast!  The beat of the music moves you just fine. Speaking of fine moves...... Maybe later. 

20211003_211437.thumb.jpg.42556d29179e34ebb6c3c34dfa67aeb3.jpg20211003_211422.thumb.jpg.6cabed04c3269ce109f06b11b0d41524.jpg

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, LUVTRAVEL6 said:

Maybe what I saw last night has something to do with it.  They were taking formal pics on the steps.  The photographer asked the ladies in front to place there hand over the wristband to hide it. So there ya go.  It makes it easier for the photographers to get a good poses from pax!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Maybe what I saw last night has something to do with it.  They were taking formal pics on the steps.  The photographer asked the ladies in front to place there hand over the wristband to hide it. So there ya go.  It makes it easier for the photographers to get a good poses from pax!

The question is, can you ditch the mask for the photos?

• Like 1