Drink Packages as a Promotion

halifaxcruising

We are looking at booking on taking a cruise on the Enchanted in the Caribbean and one of the perks being offered by Vacations To Go is a drink package.  Does anyone know if this includes speciality coffees from the International Cafe?  According to Princess's website, the only drink package listed is the premiere drink package. Is this the only drink package that would be an offer, or are there others that are available?

Thank you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Be aware that the Princess Plus fare includes the drink package so check to see if that is what is being offered as a "perk".

Same thing I was wondering about.

• Thanks 1

That would be a "most generous" perk to be given by a travel agent.  I am guessing they have it included as a promotion, but charing you Princess Plus fare.

They could be offering a:

coffee package

soft drink package

water package

We just signed up for a cruise with the Princess Perk Package - Drink Package, Tips, WiFi - and on our booking it shows up as coming from our TA - who would be broke if it really was from her 🙂

I have received a few emails from various travel agencies. Some have promoted the drinks package as a perk. In almost all cases, what they are advertising is the Princess ‘plus’ pricing which Princess has bundled the ‘premium beverage package, WiFi and tips/crew incentive’ for those passengers under 21 they are given the soda and more package.

A check if the Travel agent truly is ‘giving/gifting’ you the beverage package, go to the Princess.com and check the pricing for the ‘saver’ fare which does not have amenities and the ‘plus’ fare. Most likely the travel agency fare is very close or the same as the Princess plus fare, they are booking you at the Princess package fare available to just about everyone. Plus fares are capacity controlled so if the ship meets its limit, plus fares may not be offered.

In the majority of cruises without a discounted fare, the up charge for ‘plus’ is $40/day per person. Drop and go fares are heavily discounted and the plus fare is based on the non drop and go fare. 

The same thing happens if you book direct with Princess. My Cruise Personalizer under "Onboard Services", "Reservations & Purchases" shows "Premier Beverage Package including Service Charges" and "Wi-Fi Package" as "Compliments of PRINCESS CRUISES" and "Complimentary Gift" even though I paid extra for Princess Plus. These weren't complimentary gifts from anyone. Based on previous comments, it sounds like they have the same information with the name of the travel agency instead of "PRINCESS CRUISES" if you book through a travel agent.

At least "Crew Incentive Pre-Payment" under "Payments" shows "Crew incentives paid for as part of the promotion".

So when I paid for Princess Plus, I was paying only for gratuities. I wasn't paying for the beverage package or Wi-Fi - Princess was just giving them to me at no charge.

This language of "Complimentary Gift" made more sense back when we were getting the beverage package as part of a Sip & Sail promotion. It doesn't make any sense when we are paying for Princess Plus.

• Thanks 1

Lookup your cruise under plan a cruise on the Princess web site. You will find two fare options. One is the the lowest priced fare (no frills) the other is the best value fare which includes the Premier Beverage Package, crew incentives (daily gratuity) and wi-fi. Believe currently there are some other benefits being offered. Almost certainly what your T.A. is mentioning is just a pass through from what Princess is offering in their best value fares.

Yes, the Premier Beverage Package includes unlimited specialty coffee drinks from the International Cafe and other locations around the ship. Here are the terms and conditions which mention what is included and excluded.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/disclaimer/