Princess Cancels July 2022 Regal Med Cruises

LACruiser88

More Cancellations:

Due to a full ship charter on Regal Princess on July 30, 2022, we will be cancelling the following cruises: • The Best of the Mediterranean 21-day cruise departing July 16, 2022 • Mediterranean with Greece Isles, France & Turkey 14-day cruise departing July 23, 2022 • The Best of the Mediterranean 21-day cruise departing July 23, 2022 • Mediterranean with Greece Isles & Turkey 7-day cruise departing July 30, 2022 • Mediterranean with Greece Isles, Italy & Turkey 14-day cruise departing July 30, 2022 • The Best of the Mediterranean 21-day cruise departing July 30, 2022

Guests booked on these cancelled cruises will have three options: Option 1: Princess will offer to move guests to any other 2022 Regal Princess Mediterranean cruise of the same duration. The rebooking offer will have the added benefit of protecting the guests’ current fares, incentives and promotions on the replacement cruise in the event the new cruise fare is higher. Your new booking will be in the equivalent category, subject to availability.

Bookings with Princess EZair will be refunded back to the original form of payment and any applicable cancellation fees will be waived. Option 2: Future Cruise Credit. Sail with us again by accepting a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) of 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable FCC. This is the default offer. This gives our team a chance to shine at a later date by using the Future Cruise Credit on any voyage booked by and sailing by December 31, 2022. •

Money paid to Princess in excess of the cruise fare for Princess Vacation Protection, taxes, fees and port expenses, EZair or hotel packages will be refunded, as will any prepaid shore excursions and/or special service items. Option 3: Refund of all monies paid. Money will be refunded to the original method of payment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Thank goodness it's only a one week charter.  It's affecting B2B-ers in the prior and following weeks.  I say thank goodness as it doesn't appear to be a sign of a Med season at risk.  (We are on REGAL for 25 nights in OCT).

We board the Regal on Oct 26th (2022) in Rome, for 37 days back to Ft Lauderdale.

Edited by LACruiser88

Just got that message from Princess:

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - REGAL PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to a full ship charter, your Regal Princess cruise has been cancelled.

We are pretty pissed off to say the least..any goodwill that Princess had left after that Diamond Princess Covid fiasco has just been wiped out by that gesture. Thanks for treating your regular paying passengers (who are your bread and butter) like Second Class Citizens. It's like being kicked out of your Hotel Room because some rich guy wanted to take over the whole hotel for their party.

Edited by gslvanbc
Addedum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree & I would be so annoyed too. It’s bad service from Princess to just cancel bookings because some super rich person/company wants to take over the whole cruise. It’s clearly a money spinner for Princess but they are not thinking about their regular customers who they rely on when there are no charters. What Princess should do is to say that whoever this rich person/company is then they can book the remaining cabins that are left and leave the regular customers with their bookings (although there is the possibility that this charter may then take over all the activities on board). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We board the Regal on Oct 26th (2022) in Rome, for 37 days back to Ft Lauderdale.

We will join you on November 6th. Thirteen months and counting to our first Mediterranean / Transatlantic cruise.

12 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

• Like 1

Pre-Pandemic, did Princess sell charters and cancel cruises?

I know most every other cruise line did.

Agree this always sucks for passengers already booked, I just assumed this happens now and again for Princess also?

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

Pre-Pandemic, did Princess sell charters and cancel cruises?

I know most every other cruise line did.

Agree this always sucks for passengers already booked, I just assumed this happens now and again for Princess also?

Pre-covid we were booked on a Sydney to LA cruise that was cancelled because a Chinese company chartered the ship for a month.  So, it has happened in the past.

• Like 1

Personally, I find this offensive, that Princess wold do something like this! We have all been through so much and remained faithful with the ups and downs of life during the last 19 months. We have endured and adapted to all of the cancellations and re-bookings.

This must have been some windfall for Princess to turn around and disappoint so many of their plainly only human dedicated customers.

We are booked on the Regal for late September 2022. I wish you all well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gslvanbc said:

Just got that message from Princess:

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - REGAL PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to a full ship charter, your Regal Princess cruise has been cancelled.

We are pretty pissed off to say the least..any goodwill that Princess had left after that Diamond Princess Covid fiasco has just been wiped out by that gesture. Thanks for treating your regular paying passengers (who are your bread and butter) like Second Class Citizens. It's like being kicked out of your Hotel Room because some rich guy wanted to take over the whole hotel for their party.

Full charters taking precedence over individually booked trips are not unusual.  Even pre-Covid, it was a concern for pax no matter the cruiseline.

Charters provide gobs of revenue ... at a time when so many non-charter pax are paying with Funny Money ... you know, the FCCs issued over these past 18 months to get pax back onboard, even tho Princess has long ago spent the actual cash that's represented by FCCs.

• Like 2

It's business... I get it, but at least do it far in advance rather than after the summer bookings and the ship is pretty full. And the kicker is that they offered nothing in compensation for all the inconvenience caused except FCC or refund of deposit paid. Whoopie, thanks for your wonderful hospitality.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Full charters taking precedence over individually booked trips are not unusual.  Even pre-Covid, it was a concern for pax no matter the cruiseline.

Charters provide gobs of revenue ... at a time when so many non-charter pax are paying with Funny Money ... you know, the FCCs issued over these past 18 months to get pax back onboard, even tho Princess has long ago spent the actual cash that's represented by FCCs.

I understand your points... however, money is money and FCC's are given out quite often. Full ships of regular customers also bring in "gobs of revenue".

2 minutes ago, nini said:

I understand your points... however, money is money and FCC's are given out quite often. Full ships of regular customers also bring in "gobs of revenue".

Sure, money is money.

And the charters are new money ... as opposed to money long since spent by Princess.

They need money.

22 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

Wow! Wondering who is chartering it? That is a lot of cancelled cruises.

It's really one seven-night cancellation. However, for many years, Princess has marketed summer Med cruises as 7 nights, 14 nights (two seven-nights B2B), and 21 nights (three seven-nights B2B2B). All of the cancelled "cruises" are ones that touch the seven nights of the charter. Note that the Med itinerary is a 21-night circle. The seven and 14 night cruises are one-way cruises from one embarkation port (Rome, Athens, or Barcelona) to a different disembarkation port. Only the 21-night version brings you back to where you embarked. 

5 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Sure, money is money.

And the charters are new money ... as opposed to money long since spent by Princess.

They need money.

Missing my point regarding customer base. I get that money is money.

I had no idea that cruise lines do charters.  Perhaps in pre-Covid times those dates were just listed as sold out and so you moved on to another.  

But I agree that the timing is unfortunate as cruise lines are just starting back - disappointing passengers was one thing when it was because of Covid.  But for the obvious reason of $$$ (which they do need) isn’t exactly a good look.  

I gave up in February continually rebooking my cancelled overseas cruises so I have moved everything to 2023 to give all this chaos time to hopefully settle down.  And also decided to try some new cruise lines I have wanted to try.