Visiting Half Moon Caye - and Health Visa

LadyBerard

Although we are cruising on Holland Rotterdam  in Jan, I thought I would post this question here.

Has anyone cruising to Half Moon Caye (or anywhere else in the Bahamas) that is a US citizen had to get a HEALTH Visa for the Bahamas?  I did call Holland, and the rep. which I spoke with did  not know the answer.  I was hoping that someone on these boards does know the answer.

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We were at HMC last week. No health visa required. I'm pretty sure that is just required if you are flying in and visiting outside of a cruise.

Also if you are flying in and cruising from Nassau or Bimini.  We had to get one when sailing on Crystal Serenity from Nassau.  Crystal is also requiring it for their sailings from Miami, as all of the ports are in the Bahamas.  EM

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Although we are cruising on Holland Rotterdam  in Jan, I thought I would post this question here.

Has anyone cruising to Half Moon Caye (or anywhere else in the Bahamas) that is a US citizen had to get a HEALTH Visa for the Bahamas?  I did call Holland, and the rep. which I spoke with did  not know the answer.  I was hoping that someone on these boards does know the answer.

I don't know what the actual answer is, seems Holland should know that. What I do know is we visited Bimini, Half Moon Cay and Freeport last week, and we were NOT required to provide any additional health information beyond what was required to board the ship for it's initial embarkation from the port of Baltimore.

We visited Ocean Cay (MSC’s private island in the Bahamas) the first week of September. No health visa required for passengers arriving in the Bahamas via cruise ship. 

No health visa is required when sailing to the Bahamas, you just need to meet the cruise lines' requirements.  

We were at Half Moon Cay and Nassau a couple of weeks ago (would have also stopped at Bimini but bad weather prevented it).  

At Half Moon Cay there were no special requirements at all, just wear a mask on the tender and while indoors.

At Nassau masks were required outdoors as well as indoors, and you needed to take proof of vaccination if you wanted to enter any businesses (a photo of your vaccine card on your phone was sufficient).  But no special health visa.

1 hour ago, bar1068 said:

I don't know what the actual answer is, seems Holland should know that. What I do know is we visited Bimini, Half Moon Cay and Freeport last week, and we were NOT required to provide any additional health information beyond what was required to board the ship for it's initial embarkation from the port of Baltimore.

The actual answer is you do not need this health visa if you cruised into a port in the bahamas.

The health visa says it's for flying in... cruises ships visiting ports do not need this.