Ruby Princess in dry dock

ProfMHC

Last nights local news said she will hit the water on Friday and sail on Saturday.  Where the heck would you put an Alfredo’s ? Nothing I would want to lose on my favorite ship. Hope to sail on her to Hawaii in January

• Like 1

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Last nights local news said she will hit the water on Friday and sail on Saturday.  Where the heck would you put an Alfredo’s ? Nothing I would want to lose on my favorite ship. Hope to sail on her to Hawaii in January

Move Future Cruise Sales from deck 5 and combine it with Captains Circle on deck 6.

Lose the Escape Travel Cafe. Put Vines were Future Cruise Sales and Escape Travel Cafe are currently. Turn the current Vines space into Alfredo's.

(Note that currently the International Cafe is across the Piazza from the Escape Travel Cafe).

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Move Future Cruise Sales from deck 5 and combine it with Captains Circle on deck 6.

Lose the Escape Travel Cafe. Put Vines were Future Cruise Sales and Escape Travel Cafe are currently. Turn the current Vines space into Alfredo's.

(Note that currently the International Cafe is across the Piazza from the Escape Travel Cafe).

Great! I love it, lots of thought went into this idea.

12 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Great! I love it, lots of thought went into this idea.

Thank you.

Took me less than 5 seconds to look at the deck plans and move things around to make it a semblance of the piazza layout on the Grand Princess.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, brisalta said:

Excellent, maybe you should have consulted on the design of Medallion App. They obviously did not give it enough thought.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, brisalta said:

That would take a lot more work than they have time for on Swan Island - she is leaving later this week

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Excellent, maybe you should have consulted on the design of Medallion App. They obviously did not give it enough thought.

It is obvious that the team developing the Medallion app have very poor skills in UI design let allow an aptitude for programming. I suspect they did not storyboard the UI and its flow let alone perform user interface testing with naive subjects. In addition they seem to be clueless regarding the problem domain.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That would take a lot more work than they have time for on Swan Island - she is leaving later this week

The ship construction plans are available. Most of the needed components could be fabricated in advance ashore.

It would be about a week of work on board.

You do realize they do all the work on different systems in parallel during dry dock.

Edited by brisalta

8 minutes ago, brisalta said:

perform user interface testing with naïve subjects. In addition they seem to be clueless regarding the problem domain.

Indeed, any sort of Test would have found that a couple in the same cabin would want to order two drinks at the same time.

13 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I suspect they did not storyboard the UI and its flow let alone perform user interface testing with naive subjects.

Actually we have all been performing the User Acceptance Testing for them.  Which is exactly what I said on the survey that I submitted following our August 8th cruise on the Majestic.  Clearly not what should be put upon their customer base unless the object is to shrink their customer base.

2 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

We've never been on the Ruby but can't wait to hear / see all of the changes Pax experience when she sails again (before our January cruise)

She has always been one of my favorite ships - don't know why but have always enjoyed this ship.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Actually we have all been performing the User Acceptance Testing for them.  Which is exactly what I said on the survey that I submitted following our August 8th cruise on the Majestic.  Clearly not what should be put upon their customer base unless the object is to shrink their customer base.

User Acceptance Testing and Usability Testing are two totality different concepts.

• Like 2

Although I have never been on Ruby and look forward to that opportunity in the future, I would love Princess to put Majestic in SF with Discovery coming to LA next year. Having a Royal Class ship at both major cities in the West Coast would be a better move and I suspect would improve sales greatly.

9 minutes ago, cheezenip said:

Although I have never been on Ruby and look forward to that opportunity in the future, I would love Princess to put Majestic in SF with Discovery coming to LA next year. Having a Royal Class ship at both major cities in the West Coast would be a better move and I suspect would improve sales greatly.

Thats an even Better idea!  Or have them both in SF!  More the merrier.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cheezenip said:

We much prefer Grand class and the Coral to any Royal class ships

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Boy do we agree!  I wish I could Like many times over.

Thank you - we have 2 cruises scheduled on the Ruby, 1 on the Caribbean and had 1 on the Sapphire but that got switched to the Royal - not really keen on spending 2 weeks on the Royal but got a fabulous suite

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

Thank you - we have 2 cruises scheduled on the Ruby, 1 on the Caribbean and had 1 on the Sapphire but that got switched to the Royal - not really keen on spending 2 weeks on the Royal but got a fabulous suite

Our tastes go by the inverse of size, R-Class, Sun Class, Crown, and Grand.  I know that it is inevitable, but we will only cruise anything larger when we have to.

We've been on the Royal twice, and the second time was because we'd booked the second time before being on her at all.  Even then, we switched cabins to get away from our typical favorite location. 

Inside, she is beautiful, but outside, terrible.  No Promanade Deck, small balconies, too much outside light. I love to sip a nice whisky and star gaze on the balcony before bed.  The balcony is cramped and the light pollution from the ship itself is horrendous.

But, at least they make the bed and wash the dishes. So life is good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1