Parking in Multi Storey at West Quay

indiana123

I think it was discussed that we can now park in the West Quay Multi Storey for a good rate and for the duration of our cruises.   I mean the one by the Premier

Inn.

Am I correct in thinking that?  If so do we just turn up and park the car or do we have to let them know or book?  Is it on any floor?

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, indiana123 said:

I think it was discussed that we can now park in the West Quay Multi Storey for a good rate and for the duration of our cruises.

Am I correct in thinking that?  If so do we just turn up and park the car or do we have to let them know or book?  Is it on any floor?

We parked at the West Quay multi storey car park 20-27 August 21.

We had 2 nights pre cruise and 1 night post cruise in the Premier Inn West Quay.

It cost us £35 for 7 nights parking.

The car park is locked at night.

I rang the car park management and they said lots of cruisers leave their cars there.

We parked on the ground floor but if I remember correctly I don't think you can park on the top floor but you just turn up and park with no booking required.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Thanks a lot for that Graham.

Got a good price at the PI,  and with that price for parking its an even better deal!

Thats great news.

You pay by card when you are about to leave at the pay machines in the car park.

It accepts contactless as well as non contactless cards.

Graham. 

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We parked at the West Quay multi storey car park 20-27 August 21.

We had 2 nights pre cruise and 1 night post cruise in the Premier Inn West Quay.

It cost us £35 for 7 nights parking.

The car park is locked at night.

I rang the car park management and they said lots of cruisers leave their cars there.

We parked on the ground floor but if I remember correctly I don't think you can park on the top floor but you just turn up and park with no booking required.

Graham.

Really useful information Graham, think I will do this next year

Michelle

• Thanks 1

It’s also a good place to park if you are early for your embarkation slot! Lots of eateries in West Quay! 

We live local and have not thought of doing this- will look into it next time as CPS was a bit of a faff and we had scratches on our car when we left! 

It is something I would never consider as although the car park might be locked at night there will be no security during the day and open to the public and too much of a risk of damage or theft to even consider it. For what you save on booking with Parking4 Cruises I think it is worth the extra for peace of mind especially for people with newer cars to park somewhere with 24hr security.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

It is something I would never consider as although the car park might be locked at night there will be no security during the day and open to the public and too much of a risk of damage or theft to even consider it. For what you save on booking with Parking4 Cruises I think it is worth the extra for peace of mind especially for people with newer cars to park somewhere with 24hr security.

My car is less than 2 years old and I had no hesitation parking there especially as we were staying pre and post cruise at West Quay Premier Inn and there is CCTV in the car park.

I rang the car park management because the only information  from Premier Inn was that people parked overnight only and they reassured me of the safety measures and there was no problems parking for several days+ and indeed many cruisers do actually park there.

We checked on the car a few times and were able to leave our clothes we had already worn in the boot rather than taking them on the ship.

While walking near the cruise terminals at Southampton we saw a couple of car parks close to the terminals which were cruise car parks which were certainly not safe imo.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My car is less than 2 years old and I had no hesitation parking there especially as we were staying pre and post cruise at West Quay Premier Inn and there is CCTV in the car park.

I rang the car park management because the only information  from Premier Inn was that people parked overnight only and they reassured me of the safety measures and there was no problems parking for several days+ and indeed many cruisers do actually park there.

We checked on the car a few times and were able to leave our clothes we had already worn in the boot rather than taking them on the ship.

While walking near the cruise terminals at Southampton we saw a couple of car parks close to the terminals which were cruise car parks which were certainly not safe imo.

Graham.

I can see where your coming from Graham as most car park firms whilst boasting how secure they are failing  to tell you that  you still park at your own risk with them which is exactly what you have done when parking in the multi story car park which is locked at night . I have parked there but only overnight before and after a cruise but the car came to no harm . In between whilst away I did use a parking company  but I will leave it at that as I do not want to turn this thread into a "where I like to park thread" as that has been posted to death already . People can make their own choices .

Edited by kalos
  • Thanks 1

It isnt security overnight I would be worried about as like has been said the car park is closed but during the day the car park is open to all members of the public and CCTV cannot stop damage to your car if all and sundry are accessing the car park. You also then have the problem of getting from PI to either Ocean or Mayflower and there is no way, even though a short walk, would I want to carry my luggage and also CPS for all 7nt Seacation/Staycation were charging £70 for 7nt cruises so to save £35 and the worry of car being safe and luggage issue it isnt worth the worry just to save £35.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I can see where your coming from Graham as most car park firms whilst boasting how secure they are failing  to tell you that  you still park at your own risk with them which is exactly what you have done when parking in the multi story car park which is locked at night . I have parked there but only overnight before and after a cruise but the car came to no harm . In between whilst away I did use a parking company  but I will leave it at that as I do not want to turn this thread into a "where I like to park thread" as that has been posted to death already . People can make their own choices .

Cheers Kalos.

As always I post from personal experience and thankfully most people have found it helpful.

I had posted this parking information when I posted photos after our 4 night staycation cruise on Britannia 22-26 August for our 40th wedding anniversary  and was happy to answer the ops question on this thread.

I checked several sources beforehand and only 23 hours parking for £5 was all that came up and I had a plan B just in case.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

It isnt security overnight I would be worried about as like has been said the car park is closed but during the day the car park is open to all members of the public and CCTV cannot stop damage to your car if all and sundry are accessing the car park.

I know that Tom and agree with you as well , take the Holiday  Inn across the road, people can 

walk through the hotel grounds  where people have left cars whilst off cruising but this thread 

as I understand it is about the Multi storey experience and people who have used it overnight ,

or longer.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I know that Tom and agree with you as well , take the Holiday  Inn across the road, people can 

walk through the hotel grounds  where people have left cars whilst off cruising but this thread 

as I understand it is about the Multi storey experience and people who have used it overnight ,

or longer.  

The car park for guests in the Posh hotel opposite the Holiday Inn looked unsafe to me.

I actually made this comment to Pauline when we walked back to the Premier Inn after watching the cruise ships leaving.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

It isnt security overnight I would be worried about as like has been said the car park is closed but during the day the car park is open to all members of the public and CCTV cannot stop damage to your car if all and sundry are accessing the car park. You also then have the problem of getting from PI to either Ocean or Mayflower and there is no way, even though a short walk, would I want to carry my luggage and also CPS for all 7nt Seacation/Staycation were charging £70 for 7nt cruises so to save £35 and the worry of car being safe and luggage issue it isnt worth the worry just to save £35.

Really can't see how using this car park is any different to using an on airport multistorey or even surface car park.

They are open 24/7, but I've never had an issue, even leaving the car for 3 weeks on one occasion.

We did one stay in a Premier Inn near Gatwick before a flight and we noticed their car park was used by stay and park users.  We knew because in every car which was there for an extended period there was a ticket which stated the dates of stay!  Thats an open invitation if someone wants a high end motor as they know the owner is away for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Everybody is different but I would never park my car in a multi storey car park or on a hotel car park for duration of my cruise like I have said previously not very secure and open to damage by general public. The 2 car parks I use P4C or CPS have 24 hr security CCTV and as far as I know open to general public during the day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cathygh said:

So do you walk to the terminal from West Quay? Thanks

It's only £6-£7 in a taxi and you are dropped off at the terminal.

Some people walk but when you have 2 cases and 2 hand luggage cases like we did a taxi is well worth it.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Everybody is different but I would never park my car in a multi storey car park or on a hotel car park for duration of my cruise like I have said previously not very secure and open to damage by general public. The 2 car parks I use P4C or CPS have 24 hr security CCTV and as far as I know open to general public during the day.

Some of the cruise and hotel parking is valet parking where you leave your car keys with their driver to take somewhere? and after your cruise you ring to get them to bring your car back to you.

After seeing the driving of some valet driver's I would never entrust my car with them.

When parking at airports I always pay extra to park in the short stay car park because it is close to the terminal and more secure.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It's only £6-£7 in a taxi and you are dropped off at the terminal.

Some people walk but when you have 2 cases and 2 hand luggage cases like we did a taxi is well worth it.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, it's worth considering

Cathy

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

Back  today off Iona. Our car spent 15 nights on the Holiday Inn car park with absolutely no problems.

Your car had no problems !

How can you be sure that your car did not suffer separation,  isolation and anxiety  problems during those 15 days?

Yes, you might have had a great time on your cruise,  but you seem to have lacked empathy with your car during that time . 

Perhaps if you had self identified as an automobile you would have seen how insensitive your comments were. 

Just a salutary lesson  for all of us with two legs rather than four wheels !

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Some of the cruise and hotel parking is valet parking where you leave your car keys with their driver to take somewhere? and after your cruise you ring to get them to bring your car back to you.

After seeing the driving of some valet driver's I would never entrust my car with them.

When parking at airports I always pay extra to park in the short stay car park because it is close to the terminal and more secure.

Graham.

CPS and P4C valet parking park your cars in 24hr secure compounds with CCTV very short distance from the port.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

For short stays the NCP option looks like good value, but less so longer cruises.

14 nights at NCP plus taxis equates to around £85. Same length of stay at Penguin Parking is £115.

You forgot to take off two taxi fares which would not be needed as transport is included with 

them to and from the port ,so going on Grahams taxi calculation you could subtract  £14 to the £115. I do believe they operate not far from the Premier Inn now .

After reading your last post I now feel guilty for leaving my car all alone in car parks /Cleethorpes and even Sunderland on a match day . She seemed to come to no harm and drove quite normal .Maybe later today I could take her up to the Kosovan car wash as a treat to let her know she is my car and I really  care for her . Thanks for showing me the error of my ways Wowzz.:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, kalos said:

You forgot to take off two taxi fares which would not be needed as transport is included with 

them to and from the port ,so going on Grahams taxi calculation you could subtract  £14 to the £115. I do believe they operate not far from the Premier Inn now .

After reading your last post I now feel guilty for leaving my car all alone in car parks /Cleethorpes and even Sunderland on a match day . She seemed to come to no harm and drove quite normal .Maybe later today I could take her up to the Kosovan car wash as a treat to let her know she is my car and I really  care for her . Thanks for showing me the error of my ways Wowzz.:classic_smile:

I added  on £15 to Graham's figures for taxis.  The £115 for Penguin includes the free transfers  to and from the  terminal.