Parking in Multi Storey at West Quay

indiana123

Hi Folks,

I am going on a 3night cruise on P & O Britannia on the 15th April and looking for somewhere to park.

I would normally park at the port but I am being quoted £61 for 3 nights which I think is a rip off..I checked this quote many months ago when I first booked and checked again today and the price remains the same.

I am now thinking of parking at one of the following;

A) West Quay Car Park - £5 a night + an uber each way

b) NCP Southampton - £10 a night + an uber each way

c) Ocean Terminal Southampton - Possibly walk to the cruise terminal.

Please can you let me know which one you would recommend?

We have paid CPS £61 for the 3 nights, although it's a lot of money but our car is less than four months old so peace of mind is good for us in this case! We have always used CPS and never had a problem! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_Cruiser99 said:

Hi Folks,

I am going on a 3night cruise on P & O Britannia on the 15th April and looking for somewhere to park.

I would normally park at the port but I am being quoted £61 for 3 nights which I think is a rip off..I checked this quote many months ago when I first booked and checked again today and the price remains the same.

I am now thinking of parking at one of the following;

A) West Quay Car Park - £5 a night + an uber each way

b) NCP Southampton - £10 a night + an uber each way

c) Ocean Terminal Southampton - Possibly walk to the cruise terminal.

Please can you let me know which one you would recommend?

I parked in the West Quay Multi storey car park for 16 nights recently when on Iona and  it cost £80 so I was happy with this.

Graham.

• Like 3

We previously used P4C and when we returned the driver seat was soaking wet because the valet driver had left the window open. It wasn't a big deal as it quickly dried but it doesn't matter who you use or where you park unforeseen events can occasionally happen. We have parked overnight in West Quay and wouldn't hesitate to use them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all I just got back home, no issues parking at the Multi Storey at West Quay. Car was fine.

A few things to note:
The pedestrian entrance/exit to the car park is through the Moxy Hotel car park.

You need to pay at the parking machine before exit.

I paid £25.50 for 4.5 Nights
It costs approx £6 in an uber one way to the Southampton Port

Approx. £7 back in a private taxi.

I would park here again, I saved £21.50 compared to parking at the port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 3:52 PM, grapau27 said:

Some of the cruise and hotel parking is valet parking where you leave your car keys with their driver to take somewhere? and after your cruise you ring to get them to bring your car back to you.

After seeing the driving of some valet driver's I would never entrust my car with them.

When parking at airports I always pay extra to park in the short stay car park because it is close to the terminal and more secure.

Graham.

I always use CPS.  Closest to the terminal so their drivers aren't driving your car very far.  I always take the parking as my cruise booking benefit so costs me nothing.  Never had any issues/damage

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 12:30 PM, UK_Cruiser99 said:

Thanks all I just got back home, no issues parking at the Multi Storey at West Quay. Car was fine.

A few things to note:
The pedestrian entrance/exit to the car park is through the Moxy Hotel car park.

You need to pay at the parking machine before exit.

I paid £25.50 for 4.5 Nights
It costs approx £6 in an uber one way to the Southampton Port

Approx. £7 back in a private taxi.

I would park here again, I saved £21.50 compared to parking at the port.

We parked there last week for 5 night's costing £25.

If you walk out of the West Quay premier Inn go past the Coop store and the pedestrian entrance is another 50 metres.

There is a lift just inside the entrance on level 1 and if you go to level 7 you can enter the West Quay shopping centre.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We parked there last week for 5 night's costing £25.

If you walk out of the West Quay premier Inn go past the Coop store and the pedestrian entrance is another 50 metres.

There is a lift just inside the entrance on level 1 and if you go to level 7 you can enter the West Quay shopping centre.

Just to add to this the car park is closed for entry or exit between the hours of 1am until 8am

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pippa04 said:

As a local to Southampton can I just advise that we wouldn't consider using the NCP car park even if we only needed to pop to Asda for 5 minutes!

Can I ask why ?

Personally I wouldn't use it, but many on here do, so it would be good to hear your local  input.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 4:32 PM, majortom10 said:

It isnt security overnight I would be worried about as like has been said the car park is closed but during the day the car park is open to all members of the public and CCTV cannot stop damage to your car if all and sundry are accessing the car park. You also then have the problem of getting from PI to either Ocean or Mayflower and there is no way, even though a short walk, would I want to carry my luggage and also CPS for all 7nt Seacation/Staycation were charging £70 for 7nt cruises so to save £35 and the worry of car being safe and luggage issue it isnt worth the worry just to save £35.

After some friends of ours had their car stolen from an NCP car park a few years ago where they had parked it for a few days whilst on a city break and this car park was locked at night, with CCTV, but that didn’t stop the thieves. When the police asked for footage from the CCTV, they were told it was not working at the time on that floor, subsequently found it had not been working for over a month. 

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

My car is not worth stealing. However, I never park it anywhere that I have to leave the keys. Holiday Inn most times for me (except boat show!)

Personally, I reckon my car is far safer with CPS than being left in a hotel car park. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Personally, I reckon my car is far safer with CPS than being left in a hotel car park. 

Where do you leave your car the night before your cruise when staying in West quay 

Premier Inn for example ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Where do you leave your car the night before your cruise when staying in West quay 

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Disagree, have stayed at Holiday in 53 times and never had, or heard of, any problems there.

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

I don't use West Quay PI.

I have no issue using a hotel car park, when staying in the hotel itself, but prefer to use a private secure compound for lengthy periods of parking. Probably irrational,  I know !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I don't use West Quay PI.

I have no issue using a hotel car park, when staying in the hotel itself, but prefer to use a private secure compound for lengthy periods of parking. Probably irrational,  I know !

We all do it Wowzz your not on your own . I have stayed in hotels one night or two and deem 

the car to be safe but come the day of the cruise ,nip it over to Penguin as in my head it 

feels safer. As you say irrational but I like to call it peace of mind .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mickey1959 said:

We used Chilworth Manor in 2019. Previously we used CPS, and will continue to do so. We didn't enjoy the waiting around for taxis, even though they were included.

I'm of the same mind.  Off the ship, 2 minutes to the car, and off. I hate faffing around with taxis, minibuses etc.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, mickey1959 said:

We used Chilworth Manor in 2019. Previously we used CPS, and will continue to do so. We didn't enjoy the waiting around for taxis, even though they were included.

Yes we’ve always used CPS and had it as an included benefit. First short cruise you can’t have car parking included so we went to somewhere at Marchwood (can’t remember the name but I think it has changed names anyway now) and I didn’t like the waiting around for the minibus either! 
The West Quay parking is brilliant value at £5 for 23 hours (some car parks round here charge that for two hours!) but I’ve always gone to CPS for the actual cruise, don’t know why.

I tell you what makes hubby annoyed, I insist we have to drag all the cases into our hotel room overnight! Even though we have an overnight bag for the hotel! He was quite annoyed until he saw others doing it 😂

• Like 4

On 4/21/2022 at 12:50 AM, wowzz said:

Can I ask why ?

Personally I wouldn't use it, but many on here do, so it would be good to hear your local  input.

Lack of security and poor set up really. You would have thought that a place being quite open would be safer as passers by could see anything untoward going on but it doesn't seem to work like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pippa04 said:

Lack of security and poor set up really. You would have thought that a place being quite open would be safer as passers by could see anything untoward going on but it doesn't seem to work like that.

We have used West Quay multi story car park many times for shopping and the odd night at the premier Inn, but I wouldn't like to leave my car there unattended while I went on a cruise!

• Like 2