48 Hour Negative test result requirement question

weregoingcruising

It's not 48 hours -- it's 2 days.    From an email I got from Celebrity:

Pre-arrival COVID-19 Test:

• Vaccinated guests 12 and older: will be required to present a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of boarding the ship.

When we went on our Alaska cruise last month, they were checking only the date not the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Is it from your assigned boarding time or when? I called Celebrity and talked to 2 different people and got 2 different answers. I can't find the answer on their web site.

The testing window is 2 days prior to embarkation regardless of your assigned booking time. If you have a covid test done on a Wednesday at noon and your checking time is Friday at 3 pm you are good to sail. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Is it from your assigned boarding time or when? I called Celebrity and talked to 2 different people and got 2 different answers. I can't find the answer on their web site.

@weregoingcruisingthere is a section called 'healthy at sea'  on celebritys website  where you will find answers to all your questions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weregoingcruising said:

Yes unfortunately there has been inconsistency and confusion.  But it has been clarified as within 2 days before you board.  No need to worry about the time of day.   As other posters have explained here.

I'm sure this was posted before but, Do we need a paper copy of the test results as well as on our phone's? All this talk about who, what, when, where about covid testing is giving me anxiety for our cruise on December 10th.And to top that off Southwest has canceled over a 1000 flights this weekend!😳🙄😬
Just Saying!

3 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

I'm sure this was posted before but, Do we need a paper copy of the test results as well as on our phone's? All this talk about who, what, when, where about covid testing is giving me anxiety for our cruise on December 10th.And to top that off Southwest has canceled over a 1000 flights this weekend!😳🙄😬
Just Saying!

People report here that an electronic record on your phone is acceptable, but many still bring paper back ups too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, weregoingcruising said:

Use the website. Do not call. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

5 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

Just Saying!

Providing Your Results On Departure Day

You will present your negative test result at the terminal upon boarding. Print out your results for easy access, as you may need to present it at various points. We will also accept a valid results document presented on your phone.

If you receive a positive test result on your pre-cruise test, please call us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide so we may assist with rescheduling your cruise vacation plans.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.08.37 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I am a back up kind of person. Better to be safe than sorry.

I am also.  Our Walgreen's only has the Rapid Diagnostic Test ID Now or the Diagnostic PCR Lab test. (see photo) Does Celebrity except the Rapid Diagnostic Test ID NOW test?  I have seen conflicting info.

IMG_20211009_152602009.jpg

Edited by lovrccl

2 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

I am also.  Our Walgreen's only has the Rapid Diagnostic Test ID Now or the Diagnostic PCR Lab test. (see photo) Does Celebrity except the Rapid Diagnostic Test ID Now?  I have seen conflicting info.

PCR or Antigen test are both accepted 

25 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

I am also.  Our Walgreen's only has the Rapid Diagnostic Test ID Now or the Diagnostic PCR Lab test. (see photo) Does Celebrity except the Rapid Diagnostic Test ID NOW test?  I have seen conflicting info.

Below is from the Frequently asked questions from Celebrity's site.  From the Walgreen's site, it says the ID Now test is a Rapid Molecular Test, so it looks like it should work.  I think I have read that the ID Now is a NAAT test (but I'm not sure).

Celebrity's Site:

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-testing.jsp

Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW)
Rapid Molecular Test
  • Results are available within 24 hours
  • Samples are tested on-site
  • Meets most pre-travel testing requirements, including Hawaii
Edited by AlbertaCruisers

Another part of the Walgreens website confirms the ID Now test is a NAAT test:

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/covid-testing.jsp?ban=covidvFAQLP_testinginfoLP_fy21

What is the difference between the types of drive-thru COVID-19 tests offered by Walgreens?

1. Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW): The Rapid Point-of-Care (POC) - NAAT (ID NOW) test also detects genetic material (mRNA) of the virus. The test is performed on-site, and results are available within 24 hours.

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Easiest to remember.    Don’t count boarding day and count back 2 days.   Eg. Monday cruise test on Saturday. 

I board on a Friday and fly out early morning the previous day so will schedule my antigen test for late Wednesday afternoon.

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

FAQ's....

ID NOW is an Abbott brand test.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 11.38.49 AM.png

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

FAQ's....

ID NOW is an Abbott brand test.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 11.38.49 AM.png

As long as this is a test done in the presence of a qualified person /lab that will send you a report.

I have seen mix ups on other sites where some thought the at home (without any 3rd party participation) would be okay when it is not.

4 hours ago, lovrccl said:

The Abbott ID 🔴 from Walgreens is 100% accepted 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

The Abbott ID 🔴 from Walgreens is 100% accepted 

Have you personally used this test for a Celebrity cruise and it was accepted? We are hoping Walgreen's test is indeed accepted so we don't have to drive 60 miles to take the rapid antigen test but there is another thread stating this test from Walgreens is not accepted. .

We cannot trust CVS to get test results back in 48 hrs. They offer only the PCR here.  The home test kit available thru Optum is temperature sensitive and it's still quite hot here.

8 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Have you personally used this test for a Celebrity cruise and it was accepted? We are hoping Walgreen's test is indeed accepted so we don't have to drive 60 miles to take the rapid antigen test but there is another thread stating this test from Walgreens is not accepted. .

We cannot trust CVS to get test results back in 48 hrs. They offer only the PCR here.  The home test kit available thru Optum is temperature sensitive and it's still quite hot here.

I have not yet, but have family that has. It’s 100% accepted. Also, there is another thread that is similar to this and people on there have also confirmed that it is accepted. I will be cruising soon and this is the test that we will take.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

At least one person in the below thread confirmed they used the Walgreen ID now test to board (someone just off the edge, about halfway down page 2).  Walgreens website says this is a molecular test and NAAT and Celebrity's Frequently Asks questions specifically says for accepted tests: 

• A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 9:05 AM, Harrylinden said:

Just Saying!

Same here!  We sail on October 20 and I am getting more anxious everyday.  

On 10/11/2021 at 2:05 PM, Harrylinden said:

Just Saying!

Always have paper copies of everything. Terminals are notorious for poor WiFi and lighting. In Southampton check-in staff were begging people not to rely on phones and tablets.