Covid Test Requirements

lv2cruisgrl

Well we got our online tests today.....yahoo.  Does anyone know what time they (Emed) open for testing?  We are EST, I think they are in Cali. ???  We were thinking of doing the online tests early, if all goes ok then we will cancel the CVS tests.  

Edited by lovrccl

8 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

I just spoke with a Captain's Club representative who said Celebrity does not endorse a particular brand of Covid test and since the site states that the only tests not accepted are the antibody and unsupervised at-home tests, the ID Now test is acceptable. I told him I sure wish that Celebrity's site would match Royal Caribbean. That appears to be asking too much. 

39 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Well if Royal accepts it why would Celebrity not?

9 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

I just spoke with a Captain's Club representative who said Celebrity does not endorse a particular brand of Covid test and since the site states that the only tests not accepted are the antibody and unsupervised at-home tests, the ID Now test is acceptable. I told him I sure wish that Celebrity's site would match Royal Caribbean. That appears to be asking too much. 

9 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

Even though Celebrity is owned by Royal all things are not done the same.  So I always wonder!!

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

Yes RCCL does have it on their website that's it accepted, however Celebrity website doesn't. 

Celebrity's FAQ website very clearly says ALL pharmacy administered Abbott branded tests are accepted.

The ID NOW test is a pharmacy administered Abbott brand test therefore....it is accepted. I posted the screenshot straight from the FAQ several times. 

36 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Well we got our online tests today.....yahoo.  Does anyone know what time they (Emed) open for testing?  We are EST, I think they are in Cali. ???  We were thinking of doing the online tests early, if all goes ok then we will cancel the CVS tests.  

24/7. I highly doubt that the proctors are California based.

47 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

10 minutes ago, RichYak said:

24/7. I highly doubt that the proctors are California based.

Yes, 24/7.   And if Cali-based, it would be Cali, India or Cali, the Philippines, or... you pick. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got online to order an Abbott Bionax Now test for our Edge cruise leaving Oct. 30.  They are OUT OF STOCK and they have a waiting list you can join.  So I went on the Optum store website and ordered 2.  I was waiting until the last minute so as to possibly getting a good expiration date as we have other planned cruises later in the year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity's FAQ website very clearly says ALL pharmacy administered Abbott branded tests are accepted.

The ID NOW test is a pharmacy administered Abbott brand test therefore....it is accepted. I posted the screenshot straight from the FAQ several times. 

Thank you for confirming as I saw it was approved before so wondering if it had changed 

1 hour ago, SueMo said:

Got online to order an Abbott Bionax Now test for our Edge cruise leaving Oct. 30.  They are OUT OF STOCK and they have a waiting list you can join.  So I went on the Optum store website and ordered 2.  I was waiting until the last minute so as to possibly getting a good expiration date as we have other planned cruises later in the year.

I ordered tests Friday got them today. The expiration date is passed however on the box it says "This products shelf life has been extended" On the Royal Caribbean website it says the tests are good until end of the year 

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Absolutely correct. I do not understand the confusion based on what you referenced.

5 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

While both Celebrity are owned by RCG they are separate companies.  They have some policies and practices that are the same  but they have always had some that are different, the loyalty programs, beverage package purchases and upgrades, brining beverages onboard.  In dealing with the restart of cruising they took slightly different approaches as they have different target markets so not everything will be identical 

If you test positive can you test again to make sure it isn’t a false positive?

Would the 2nd test be accepted and how would they know about the first?  

Another thought is to get tested a few times at different locations  and submit the negative one if you can do that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 minutes ago, miched said:

Another thought is to get tested a few times at different locations  and submit the negative one if you can do that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The health questionnaire that you fill out the day before sailing asks if you’ve tested positive in the last 14 days. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

My faith in humanity just took another hit. This is so disturbing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Abbott ID Now test from Walgreens IS 100% acceptable! It’s a NAAT test. I haven’t used it yet, but have family that have.

We just returned fro pm the Edge on Saturday and we submitted our Walgreens ID Now test from Abbott Labs which is a NAAT test.  Our results came in about 6 hours.  They do the processing in the store so you get a quick turnaround.

1 minute ago, sarasotascott said:

We just returned fro pm the Edge on Saturday and we submitted our Walgreens ID Now test from Abbott Labs which is a NAAT test.  Our results came in about 6 hours.  They do the processing in the store so you get a quick turnaround.

Just curious if we don’t have a car is there a way to test at Walgreens- doesn’t look like it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Really!  I hope you are joking.

• Like 1

"In the March 2021 review of studies mentioned earlier, the researcher found that rapid tests correctly gave a positive COVID-19 result in 99.6 percent of people."  see:  https://www.healthline.com/health/how-accurate-are-rapid-covid-tests#how-accurate-is-it

48 minutes ago, s0479 said:

Just curious if we don’t have a car is there a way to test at Walgreens- doesn’t look like it.

Pretty sure none of the drug stores require you to have a car to be tested.  You could walk/take a bus/an uber/ a Lyft/bum a ride from friend or neighbor/ ride a bike...where I live you can take your golf cart to the stores.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

15 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Pretty sure none of the drug stores require you to have a car to be tested.  You could walk/take a bus/an uber/ a Lyft/bum a ride from friend or neighbor/ ride a bike...where I live you can take your golf cart to the stores.  

It’s drive thru testing 

18 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

It may be different in your area but this sign it outside the door to CVS stores in our area452A0C1C-5115-42DC-BE39-3096E4D265FD.thumb.jpeg.495e4d2b9f65129a4b11bf253fce3090.jpeg 

1 hour ago, s0479 said:

You might check Walgreen's website. I seem to remember that question on their FAQs for Covid testing. I believe that the answer is no. There's a minor emergency clinic near us that does testing inside and will bill insurance for you so you might call around.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:06 AM, sarasotascott said:

Was the test covered my Medicare or your secondary insurance.

Question (which has probably been answered somewhere but heaven knows in which posting)

When I go to order the Binax Now test from the Celebrity link, it's asking me for my information (name, date of birth, etc..).  If I order a 3 pack, can I use one of them for my husband or do each of us need to order our own set of tests?