Mask Wearing On Celebrity Ships

KellyMcB

2 minutes ago, KellyMcB said:

For anyone who has been on a Celebrity Sailing recently I need some clarification.

If you are vaccinated, there is no mandate to wear a mask anywhere on the ship, correct?

Yes you can be maskless anywhere on the ship as everyone double vaccinated. 

• Thanks 1

It is irrelevant what has happened recently. You need to check the health at sea protocols listed on the Celebrity website for your particular sailing, near to the time of sailing. 

If this is for your sailing next year, no one has any idea what the requirements will be - hopefully better, but no one knows and recent experience is even less relevant.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just got off Equinox twelve-night Southern Caribbean  cruise on Oct 8. Hardly any guests wore masks. Yes, a few did. The crew was fully masked at all times. Some wore double masks. A few crew members allowed their masks to slip below their noses. If I recall, you did have to mask up in the Fort Lauderdale terminal before your vaccination card and negative COVID tests were checked. 

Ports (Leeward Island ports) required masks be worn. You also have to show vaccination cards to leave ship in those ports.

• Thanks 1

Was recently on Summit and only in terminal were masks required! 
Onboard the Summit masks were not required since it was a fully vaccinated cruise! Crew did wear masks most of the time!

in Cozumel, Mexico the government required masks but often took it off when not near others!

• Like 1

I'd agree with above - you cannot assume/blanket statement no masks.  Will very much depend on the sailing.  We are on the Transatlantic on Apex now.  Masks REQUIRED indoors everywhere.  Only take them off for eating/drinking.  Despite the fact that all onboard are vaccinated and all had to take a test to get on at the port.  Still requiring masks for everyone.  Plus another test mid-cruise.  Plus another test to get back into the USA.  Still masks required at all points indoors.  Had we known, we would have rescheduled until next year but this seemed to be a closely guarded secret until we boarded.  Not much you can do.  Anyway, just realize it's not a sure thing at least currently that you can be maskless.  

1 hour ago, markpc17 said:

I'd agree with above - you cannot assume/blanket statement no masks.  Will very much depend on the sailing.  We are on the Transatlantic on Apex now.  Masks REQUIRED indoors everywhere.  Only take them off for eating/drinking.  Despite the fact that all onboard are vaccinated and all had to take a test to get on at the port.  Still requiring masks for everyone.  Plus another test mid-cruise.  Plus another test to get back into the USA.  Still masks required at all points indoors.  Had we known, we would have rescheduled until next year but this seemed to be a closely guarded secret until we boarded.  Not much you can do.  Anyway, just realize it's not a sure thing at least currently that you can be maskless.  

Won't that requirement change as you get closer to the USA?

I am just off the last Millennium sailing to Alaska and masks were not required on our cruise.  I wore a double mask outside my cabin, in all public areas, with the exception of when I was seated in a dining, lounge or theatre.  The vast majority of the passengers did not wear a mask (including my DH, who may have worn his 20% of the time).  I work with the public, so I am very use to wearing a double mask - that is where my comfort level is.  That being said, I had no problem being around others who did not wear a mask, or when we were seated at a 6-person table one evening at dinner.  I think the important thing is to know what the individual ship's mask policy/expectation is before boarding (which might be different from when you booked the cruise), and to abide by it.  

• Like 3

We recently did a B2B on Equinox and boarded Millennium today. 

Masks are required in the terminal but not one on the ship.   Some including myself wear the when inside the ship.   

For us we are on a B2B and if contact traced to someone who test positive you can not continue to the next cruise.  

I would say. 5-10% of guest are wearing masks.   All staff wear masks all the time. 

• Thanks 1

As others have mentioned, mask requirements can vary from ship to ship and various ports of call.  

This is a fluid situation and it is always best to check Celebrity's website for this type of information as passengers on sailing embarking from the USA are different from sailings embarking from the UK, for example.  

Here is the latest from Celebrity (lots of good info here and their statement on masks on ships sailing from the US is included....there is also a short statement about masks on ships sailing from a ports outside the US:  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Let's not debate the subject any further here.  These protocols change rapidly.  Bookmark the link above and check it frequently.

• Like 3