Who has booked for Alaska 2007?

sea_u_onboard

Probably doesn't have much to do with it. Look at DCL, they can't seem to get their summer 2007 info out yet! LOL

Top secret!!

They're heading into unchartered territory for them. They're heading to the Meditterenean summer 2007. At least rumor has it that they are.

Bill

I'm just can't wait to book my first cruise :p

Anybody know about when?

I still can't decide to book with Princess or a travel agent :confused:

I'll be booking a southbound to Vancouver in July, with a landtour, precruise.

Is the Diamond and Sapphire pretty much the same?

For any of you that have been on them, what balcony stateroom in your opinion, is the best, and what deck for a southbound?

Thanks All

Shade

There will be an Alaska Cruise Critic group cruise departing between May 25-June 10 on Princess.. Rates are not out yet but if you are interested in getting information when it is ready (about 6 weeks or so) shoot me an email to hostcaroline@cruisecritic.com with "Alaska '07" in the subject line

We'd love for you to join us! May 28 may well be departure date.. it will be southbound from Whittier to Vancouver with optional land portion before the cruise.. so far I think I've got 40 emails so should be a good group!

Caroline,

Are you going to be getting substantial savings since it's such a large group?

Also, how sure are you about the May date?

(I already e-mailed you to put me on the list ....)

What kind of land portion are you looking at?

THANKS!

• 2 months later...

I would book if I could! We know exactly what we want, but are waiting for HAL to announce their pricing. I have talked to several agents and to HAL both here in England and also in the US, but they all say something different about when booking for 2007 wil open.

Having just read through this thread, thought I should mention that I'm yet another Cheryl (born 1953!)

Cheryl in Chichester, England

I would book if I could! We know exactly what we want, but are waiting for HAL to announce their pricing. I have talked to several agents and to HAL both here in England and also in the US, but they all say something different about when booking for 2007 wil open.

Having just read through this thread, thought I should mention that I'm yet another Cheryl (born 1953!)

Cheryl in Chichester, England

HAL's Alaska cruises are showing up on Travelocity. So far it's just the roundtrips from Seattle or Vancouver, but shouldn't be long until the one-ways are there, too!

Yipee!!!! - Just booked yesterday for a one-way southbound from Whittier to Vancouver on Princess, leaving on 6/11/07! Got the ship I wanted and the cabin I wanted. I'm so excited -- how in heaven will I ever wait until next June!!! :o :) :eek:

Congrats!

How are the prices? I know they're not posted yet, but I'm just curious how Celebrity is comparing to Princess this year......

Princess's prices were on their web site today (finally), but you can save money booking with a discounter. Celebrity's prices are a little higher than RCI's for comparable cruises, and Princess's prices are comparable to RCI's, and maybe even a little less with discounts.

Princess's prices were on their web site today (finally), but you can save money booking with a discounter. Celebrity's prices are a little higher than RCI's for comparable cruises, and Princess's prices are comparable to RCI's, and maybe even a little less with discounts.

Thanks for the info!!! I really appreciate it. I just hope I made the right choice!

Thanks for the info!!! I really appreciate it. I just hope I made the right choice!

It is easy to second-guess yourself on this board, especially when there are some very strong opinions about HAL and Princess being superior to RCI/Celebrity in Alaska. (I'm doing the same thing, btw!) I've read great reviews from others who cruised to Alaska on the Summit, so if those are the ports you really want to see, then stick with what you've chosen.

I'm TOTALLY double guessing myself. Especially since I'm not seeing Glacier Bay this time around. (I want to go back though.) But, I'm seeing Hubbard Glacier and I will also see Icy Strait, so that excites me as well! I think it will be great!

I'm also a huge Princess fan (actually, those are the only cruises I've been on -- not because I will only do Princess, but because it just worked out that way with the itinerary).

I'm just worried I suppose.......but, I'm okay at this point, I guess . . .

I'm also sad that there isn't a naturalist on board, as with Princess and HAL.

But, I think I made a great choice and Celebrity will work out nicely and I made a great choice. I hope they are as great as I think! Also, I will have a great aaft cabin--so, I'm VERY excited about that.........

Archived