Who has booked for Alaska 2007?

sea_u_onboard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am booked on my second Alaskan Cruise, June 1, 2007 on the Vision of the Sea. Just went to Alaska on the same ship in June of this year the best time I have ever had. Loved the ship. Cant even describe in words the beauty of Alaska. There was so much to see we needed to go again to see all the things we didnt have time for. I already cant handle the excitment. Happy Trails

First post

we have booked the Island Princess for the 20th August cruise + tour.

our first cruise so don't know what to expect, hope weather is better than this year.

coming from UK to Toronto 4days there then train to Jasper 4days there Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver 7days there then cruise tour then down to Seattle to see old work mate who lives in Salem 33days in total.

special occasion 40th wedding anniversary cant wait!!!

will be back later on to get some info on things to see and do.

Peter

We are booking on the Radiance 9-07 fall repo and Crown and Anchor cruise. 14 fab nights and an aft cabin to boot! It's our first Alaska trip but after doing all our research, I get the distinct impression it won't be our last!

July 18, 2007, Carnival, Southbound, Mini-Suite. Need some ideas for 2-3 day pre-cruise. Any suggestions? :)
July 4th cruise will be our first in Alaska but we have planned 4 days pre-cruise. One of the things I found that looks very interesting is a 3 hour Glacier Trek - http://www.micaguides.com/hiking.html . We are renting a car and driving the Seward Highway and spending 2 days in Seward.

You realize it's a couple of hours from Anchorage, right? I've read great things about the Matanuska Glacier and the MICA guides, so I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Yes - we are going to be in Anchorage 2 days - one a full day.

The plan is to get a reservation for the Sunday before our cruise. Get up early and drive to the Glacier first - I hear it takes a couple hours and to factor in construction (I have the website to check conditions) - take the tour and then stop at Thunderbird falls on the way back. I hope I've got that right. I figure if we take the 10am tour then we will be on our way to Thunderbird by 1:30 - stay there a little while and then head back to the city. We are going to miss several things in town - since we will be getting in too late the day before and leaving too early Monday to really go to anything else - BUT - really want to do SOMETHING glacier related and DH has said no to a glacier landing so this was the next best thing.

Now I just need to figure out if we should take a lunch with us or if there is something that is a "not to be missed" that we should stop at between the Glacier Trek and Thunderbird falls. I'm not against just packing a picnic lunch. I believe I read there are places we could enjoy it at Thunderbird - is this true?

We have been to Alaska twice, and are going back next year! The best excursion we have been on was the Taku Lodge float plane and salmon bake!

The people were terrific, the scenery magnificant and the lunch was wonderful, and best ginger cookies you have ever tasted! We loved it so much we went back the second time! We have not decided yet for this next trip. We loved the Murcury and are looking forward to Radience!

Just got back from the 10 day RT out of San Francisco on the Regal Princess. We loved it so much that we booked on-board for the same cruise departing 6/30/07 (except this one will be on the Dawn Princess, as this is Regal's last year in Alaska :( ). Pretty much by the third day out, we were talking about doing it again next year.

Archived