Rate the Restaurants on Riviera

itzfitz

My first Oceania cruise is over the Christmas and New Years holidays 2022 on the Riveria.

We're in a Concierge balcony. Can anyone tell me how the different dining venues treat Christmas Eve, Christmas, NYE and New Years? Anything different from the normal?

Edited by Guppy99

Only breakfast but have talked to friends who have dined in and it was great. In a PH, you should be able to get your reservations and additional dates but it might start to get more difficult as we sail with increased capacities. 
On the October 18 segment, we were in Premium restaurants 9 of 10 nights and on the second sailing we have eaten in the GDR twice. Last night we went with friends to La Prive and it was outstanding. You have three menu options, the usual Polo and Toscana mix, and two new menus designed specifically for Prive with other Items like RG Sea Bass and other options. It made for a grand evening.  We were able to have dinner for 8, not open for 10 persons yet but I am sure it will be by the time we hit Miami. 
Friends have eaten two dinners in La Reserve and they have been OUTSTANDING. 

While there can be hiccups along the way, the extra effort to make the guest happy is amazing. You will have a fabulous time. 
Mauibabes

7 hours ago, mauibabes said:

You have three menu options, the usual Polo and Toscana mix, and two new menus designed specifically for Prive with other Items like RG Sea Bass and other options.

That's an interesting wrinkle, and something that I'm sure will be well received. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Last night we went with friends to La Prive and it was outstanding. You have three menu options, the usual Polo and Toscana mix, and two new menus designed specifically for Prive with other Items like RG Sea Bass and other options.

That's wonderful news.  I have Privee booked on our Dec 3rd cruise and look forward to an expanded menu.

14 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Last night we went with friends to La Prive and it was outstanding. You have three menu options, the usual Polo and Toscana mix, and two new menus designed specifically for Prive with other Items like RG Sea Bass and other options. It made for a grand evening.  

Did the new menu look like this?

Degustation Menu

Amuses-Bouches

Soufflé au Fromage
Cheese Soufflé

Risotto de Homard
Lobster Risotto

Bar en Croûte et Sauce Beurre Blanc
Sea Bass Filet Baked in Puff Pastry Crust with Beurre Blanc
or
Filet de Bœuf Rôti, Sauce Périgourdine
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras and Truffle Sauce

Brie de Meaux aux Noix et Laitue
Nut-Crusted Brie de Meaux with Boston Lettuce Hearts

Mille-Feuilles aux Framboises
Raspberry Mille-Feuille Prepared Tableside

Petits Fours

4 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Degustation Menu

Amuses-Bouches

Soufflé au Fromage
Cheese Soufflé

Risotto de Homard
Lobster Risotto

or

Petits Fours

Oh my....!

Sometimes we don't quite care for some of the courses in these specialized menus (at Oceania and also elsewhere).  There are times that they seem determined to appear "ultra creative" and have odd combinations, or at least we think so.

But this menu... sounds amazing

Alas, by the time we are likely to be on Oceania again, it will probably have changed.
That sounds like it could be my favorite "special menu" meal ever, but we'll probably never have a chance to find out.

We'll be dreaming about food tonight. 🙂

GC

14 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Degustation Menu

Amuses-Bouches

Soufflé au Fromage
Cheese Soufflé

Risotto de Homard
Lobster Risotto

or

Petits Fours

Sounds more like  Jacques type food than RG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 2:36 PM, itzfitz said:

Hope this hasn't been asked, but on Nov. 4, I can make reservations in the specialty restaurants on Riviera.  This is my first Oceania cruise.  For those of you experienced Oceania cruisers, how should I prioritize my reservations?  Please rate them in order of preference.  Is there one I absolutely can't miss?  We like virtually all types of cuisines so that's not an issue.  All recommendation will be much appreciated.  Thank you all in advance!

Patty

We love Red Ginger best and then Toscana.  It's best to try all 4 and make your own decision.  Ask around to find out which night is Lobster Night in the GDR so you don't miss it. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Two and a half hours until my first O specialties reservation...sooooo excited!! I know, silly 🙂
I have a very unimportant question if anyone happens to stop in...my husband is almost always a vegetarian (and no seafood/fish = severe pain), so we will be skipping Polo. Should I reserve Polo and "trade" it later for a more veg-friendly specialty, or should I just not make a Polo reservation (that someone else may want)? I'm leaning toward the latter.

Doesn't work that way.  Never heard of trading. Just speak to Maitre D st restaurant of your choice one morning about availability that night 

55 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

We love Red Ginger best and then Toscana.  It's best to try all 4 and make your own decision.  Ask around to find out which night is Lobster Night in the GDR so you don't miss it. 

There is  a lobster night in the GDR???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

I apologize.  If with we ever get to cruise together on Oceania I'll buy you a lobster and a soft drink to make up for my comment.

Not insulted. Don't do soft drinks but a Vigin Pina Colada costs the same. 😜

Quality food , comfort and service are why we do O cruises.  Lobsters and striped bass are among our favorites.🥂🎉💥😇🔥

• Like 1