No dutch passengers on 1st TA sailing ms Rotterdam

Ine

Friends of us today got the message that unfortunately their cruise on board the new ms Rotterdam to Ft. Lauderdale  sailing October 20 from Amsterdam is canceled for dutch (and other EU citizens) since the USA has still not yet opened their borders on their arrival beginning of November.

A big disappointed to many loyal HAL passengers. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ine said:

Friends of us today got the message that unfortunately their cruise on board the new ms Rotterdam to Ft. Lauderdale  sailing October 20 from Amsterdam is canceled for dutch (and other EU citizens) since the USA has still not yet opened their borders on their arrival beginning of November.

🙁😖

24 minutes ago, Ine said:

Sorry to hear that.  Sadly, not surprising because of the U.S. regulations.  The same thing happened on the Eurodam transatlantic.  It’s not just the Europeans -   A lot of Canadians along with non U.S. citizens/permanent residents were cancelled by HAL on the Eurodam. 😢 They really didn’t have an option.  

40 minutes ago, Ine said:

That's very sad!  

18 minutes ago, Crusin-Suzan said:

That is ridiculous!   It should have been changed and announced months ago!

Actually for once I disagree.  I am sure the cruise lines felt since they were sailing vaccinated, the U.S. would reconsider and allow them (the passengers) to pass through to fly home.  It hasn’t happened.

They haven’t even opened up their land border to Canada and we have a better vaccination rate (not that I want to go 😉)

I don’t think we can totally blame the cruise lines here.  I suspect they have been lobbying and trying.  Their cruises have been safe, vaccinated, masked - not sure what else anyone could want - but I may be wrong.  I often am. 

• Like 3

From what I have read (which consider the source, the press), the USA has been saying since September that they will be allowing vaccinated folks from Europe in "sometime in November" and thus the cruise lines have been unable to confirm yes/no based on that....And the "sometime in November" has stayed that way.......Let's Go Brandon!

Very frustrating.....Especially when you think that the Dutch cannot board a Holland America Line ship called the Rotterdam, registered in Rotterdam and leaving from Amsterdam in 9 days.

1 minute ago, FlaMariner said:

From what I have read (which consider the source, the press), the USA has been saying since September that they will be allowing vaccinated folks from Europe in "sometime in November" and thus the cruise lines have been unable to confirm yes/no based on that....And the "sometime in November" has stayed that way.......Let's Go Brandon!

Very frustrating.....Especially when you think that the Dutch cannot board a Holland America Line ship called the Rotterdam, registered in Rotterdam and leaving from Amsterdam in 9 days.

The will now let them fly in but none of us are allowed to arrive by land or sea right now. (Us as in non U.S. citizens / permanent residents).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

The will now let them fly in but none of us are allowed to arrive by land or sea right now. (Us as in non U.S. citizens / permanent residents).

Never understood the rational, scientific reasoning for that.....I guess the virus only travels in cars but not in planes and ships......again, let's go Brandon!

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Never understood the rational, scientific reasoning for that.....I guess the virus only travels in cars but not in planes and ships......again, let's go Brandon!

I hear what you're saying and DH and I agree completely!!  (Nascar reference).

Who will be on the ship now when it sails over from Amsterdam?

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Could be quite a last minute discount for Americans who can fly over and sail back to U.S.  Very last minute!!

I would have thought so....I checked to see if perhaps prices had dropped and we could bring DM & DD along but the price for our VF category is 27% more today than what we paid way back when.....I'm thinking they are not too anxious to add more folks.

3 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I would have thought so....I checked to see if perhaps prices had dropped and we could bring DM & DD along but the price for our VF category is 27% more today than what we paid way back when.....I'm thinking they are not too anxious to add more folks.

Keep checking.  Maybe tomorrow they will have changed the pricing for you to add them.  They may be behind in updating pricing.  You'd think they'd want to add some guests.  Do you have Flight Ease?  I wondered if there were any flights through HAL or if everyone would have to book straight from the airlines last minute.

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Keep checking.  Maybe tomorrow they will have changed the pricing for you to add them.  They may be behind in updating pricing.  You'd think they'd want to add some guests.  Do you have Flight Ease?  I wondered if there were any flights through HAL or if everyone would have to book straight from the airlines last minute.

So we did book thru flight ease....and we did just a few weeks ago when the Dutch implemented their 10 day quarantine (which they later rescinded)....Flight was dirt cheap....$250 one way from Orlando to Amsterdam. 

We need more Nascar (reference) fans onboard.....Y'all come join us!

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

So we did book thru flight ease....and we did just a few weeks ago when the Dutch implemented their 10 day quarantine (which they later rescinded)....Flight was dirt cheap....$250 one way from Orlando to Amsterdam. 

We need more Nascar (reference) fans onboard.....Y'all come join us!

It would be great to be onboard.  I can't believe $250 for flights.  Wow!  I wonder if flights are still available through HAL?  I've never heard of anyone buying Flight Ease a week out.