Majestic in San Francisco

trbarton

I visited Pier 27 today to see the Majestic Princess. It’s the 1st cruise ship to visit San Francisco since the pandemic. I was lucky to be interviewed by a local TV station, CBS channel 5. I’m supposed to be on the 5 o’clock news. 

I’ve enclosed the shirt that I was wearing. 

Enjoy my photos. Perhaps I’m a celebrity now.  

Tom😀

29D1FFBC-3713-4237-9001-6E16F3DB538F.jpeg

F8D8EC55-E04A-45C0-BD3B-74DA3998B968.jpeg

5A7CA312-5E14-404C-B94E-50C85B0386F2.jpeg

90CDD240-645C-499F-AE38-04EE794B9BBB.jpeg

306E62D8-5E5F-43CC-A38F-7B2D7A6E798C.jpeg

D2493654-7873-4244-9302-F072B53660EC.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 14

Nice to see ships back in SF.

We got off Majestic on Sat. in San Pedro.  Wish we could have stayed on to get

back home & avoid the Southwest hassle. 

Were returning to Majestic in less than 2 weeks.

Our first stop is SF, overniter.  Thinking we could go home & come back?

But we'll probably just stay onboard. 🙂

I was interviewed by a local TV station today. Enjoy my 5 seconds of fame. Perhaps Princess will offer me a free cruise for saying that cruising is safer than at a football game with 40,000 people. 

Here’s another photo being interviewed with my friend Norma. 

Tom😀

D300F4D6-46CB-4210-A787-20844676BBEE.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Nice to see ships back in SF.

We got off Majestic on Sat. in San Pedro.  Wish we could have stayed on to get

back home & avoid the Southwest hassle. 

Were returning to Majestic in less than 2 weeks.

Our first stop is SF, overniter.  Thinking we could go home & come back?

But we'll probably just stay onboard. 🙂

Yes…I would stay onboard or arrange to meet with friends so that they could see the ship. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for my Medallion for my October 31st cruise. At least an email. 

Tom😀

5 hours ago, SFtraveller said:

what is the Medallion please?

The room card to access everything [room, billing, on & off ship] is out. Everything is done a medallion now with the MedallionClass app. Heres the YouTubes to how they are supposed to work. But no worries if you do not have a fairly new smartphone.  It will be on the computer soon & reps will be at the pier to assist those who don't do anything beforehand 

Overview

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DeS5lfD-zQZM&ved=2ahUKEwiu4K-QjMXzAhVPSzABHeYHA2UQwqsBegQIBxAE&usg=AOvVaw008gk5xkDsPmaNhctG0LOg

Ocean Ready - Personalizer deactivated

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dxq_X2X8JHKA&ved=2ahUKEwiu4K-QjMXzAhVPSzABHeYHA2UQwqsBegQIBhAF&usg=AOvVaw1hQqKad5lbzSOk_it9TAuV

Follow the links for the others:

Ocean Now - ordering / purchasing 

Ocean Compass - ship info / map / etc

Ocean View - entertainment 

14 hours ago, SFtraveller said:

Hey! I saw you tonight on CBS5 website. Now I know what you look like LOL. I'm trying to find when the ship leaves this week. Will it be today 12th? And reading the roll calls, what is the Medallion please?

It leaves at 6 pm today. Look at this app…https://sfport.com/sites/default/files/Cruises/Docs/2021.pdf…to see the schedule for cruise ships in San Francisco. 

The Medallion is a device that is about the size of a quarter. 

It does some of the things your cruise card did but more things. When you’re near your stateroom it automatically unlocks your door. Great if you have things in your hands. You can also order drinks/food & it’s able to locate you. If someone is looking for you it will show them your location. 

It’s not perfect & people have had problems but it still does more than just having a cruise card. You could still ask for a cruise card once on the ship but why would you?

From my reading about people using the Medallion there are more things that it does vs the problems some people have had. 

It’s usually mailed to you in advanced, mine is in transit, for my October 31st cruise. 

It’s free & will come with a lanyard but their are Accessories you can order to wear your Medallion. 

I’ve bought a holder, from Amazon, that the Medallion will fit into & clip on my belt. 

Look on You Tube & you will see some good videos about using the Medallion. 

Any questions please ask. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Anyone know why these film clip links don't work with CHROME?  There was another one I saw on the weekend from another poster and it didn't work either.

I get this message…We could not locate the item you are trying to view. Perhaps someone can explain why this link doesn’t work. 

Tom🤔

5 hours ago, trbarton said:

It does some of the things your cruise card did but more things. When you’re near your stateroom it automatically unlocks your door. Great if you have things in your hands.

Not so great if you are just passing by your cabin with no intention of going inside it.

• Like 1

Thanks Tom. I that is my go to source but you know what I read it wrong and I’m so bummed I didn’t see it sail out tonight sad face. I also couldn’t find a rollcall for it. As for the medallion, I think I would just lose it. So it’s good that it comes with a lanyard and you’ve got that special belt clip. I guess it would just be like wearing it around my neck for the key card.