Can you have a second appetizer or dessert in the Pinnacle Grill?

farjar

The sample menu for the Pinnacle Grill on the HAL site says an additional charge of $15 will be added for a second entree.  No mention is made about appetizers or desserts.  Can you have a second appetizer or dessert without an additional fee over and above the $46 base cost?  I'm torn between the Crab Cake and the Lobster Bisque.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, farjar said:

The sample menu for the Pinnacle Grill on the HAL site says an additional charge of $15 will be added for a second entree.  No mention is made about appetizers or desserts.  Can you have a second appetizer or dessert without an additional fee over and above the $46 base cost?  I'm torn between the Crab Cake and the Lobster Bisque.  Thanks.

I ALWAYS get the Crab Cake and Lobster Bisque - NEVER a charge.  Been 30 times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Wonderful to know.  I'll get both.  Hubby wants to know if you have an opinion about the Chocolate Souffle, Cherry Baked Alaska or Creme Brulee.  He doesn't think he could manage all three!

I had the chocolate souffle last time and thought it was really good.  My fiance loved his creme brulee.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of those desserts though.  We also really enjoyed the clothesline bacon appetizer so I would recommend that too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, farjar said:

Wonderful to know.  I'll get both.  Hubby wants to know if you have an opinion about the Chocolate Souffle, Cherry Baked Alaska or Creme Brulee.  He doesn't think he could manage all three!

I usually get the Baken Alaska but sometimes only ask for the ice cream part - I get too full with everything elase!

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I usually get the Baken Alaska but sometimes only ask for the ice cream part - I get too full with everything elase!

This is actually my favorite item on the Pinnacle Grill menu...I eat every bit!😋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farjar said:

We are on the Koningsdam right now. The Lobster Bisque is wonderful. DH ordered it last night. 
A9514764-405D-4360-9C9C-95381CA4B9E1.thumb.jpeg.3a1fe4755822e6281285bfa73efec084.jpeg

My DH and I shared the Chocolate Soufflé last night. It’s actually on the smaller side. It was really yummy. 
58D22897-88B7-4C03-86D2-89A3F69E3F2C.thumb.jpeg.7016a309be4ebc31dd870ff14707566a.jpeg

The table next to us had the Baked Alaska and it’s on the larger side, it looked really good too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have been known on occasion to just have appetizers in the PG and by pass the entree.  Love the appetizers and the petit mignon but the sides when they are done well are truly yum 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:58 PM, farjar said:

Chocolate souffle is AMAZING. Light and fluffy and chocolatty. My go to desert in PG every time. 

0313325F-21AB-4DFD-97BA-062343E24826_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/12/2021 at 2:44 PM, DaveOKC said:

I should have done this! I will thankfully be back onboard in 1 month and will rectify this at the first opportunity. 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, sambamama said:

If you ask, sometimes they will make you the vanilla souffle with the Grand Marnier sauce!  Or just ask for berries with Grand Marnier sauce!  

That is good to know I didn’t know that was a thing! 

On 10/15/2021 at 4:21 PM, sambamama said:

If you ask, sometimes they will make you the vanilla souffle with the Grand Marnier sauce!  Or just ask for berries with Grand Marnier sauce!  

If the souffles are properly prepared and cooked, they are very good.  If not, quite disappointing.  What was the souffle that had the berries buried at the bottom of dessert?  It was terrible.  Did not finish it and told the Steward that it was most disappointing.  

I had the soufflé with berries at Sel de Mer pop up on Noordam and it was light and fluffy…..just excellent!  Ordered the same on my last Oosterdam (2019) and it was inedible, as was the rest of my Sel de Mer meal. It was so disappointing to have such excellence on Noordam for the whole meal and six months later have a really bad experience on Oosterdam. Consistency is an area that HAL needs lots of improvement!!!  I know they can produce excellent food…..I have experienced it many times!!

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:55 AM, farjar said:

Can you have a second appetizer or dessert without an additional fee over and above the $46 base cost? 

Is it $46 now?

Wow... I thought it was still $39, but I suppose I haven't been paying close enough attention to it since we have the HIA promo on our next Zuiderdam sailing which includes the PG at no additional charge. 🙂

8 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Is it $46 now?

Wow... I thought it was still $39, but I suppose I haven't been paying close enough attention to it since we have the HIA promo on our next Zuiderdam sailing which includes the PG at no additional charge. 

It's still $39 but now there is an automatically added 18% gratuity, making it $46.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Boyds2012 said:

For 2023, can you still have 2 appetizers and desserts?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Feel free to ask lots of questions to help in your  cruise planning.

You may still have as many appetizers and desserts as you wish.  As for appetizers, there is an additional charge for more than one appetizer

From the Pinnacle Grill Menu:  "A charge of $7 will be added to your check per additional appetizer ordered."

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before the second item surcharge, I wonder what the record was ordering multiples of the Hanger Bacon appetizer?  ❣️

(I know, I know, lots here do not like it, but for others unlimited amounts of this appetizer could have been... Died and gone to Bacon Heaven.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So if I want an appetizer, say a crab cake, and I would also like a salad, which is listed under starters, I would have to pay the extra $7.00?  Crazy.  Whether in a main dining room or a specialty restaurant, in 40 years of cruising I have never been charged extra. 

Marilyn