Norway and Covid Restrictions for entry

4 hours ago, gnome12 said:

The Ontario QR code (which is now a Canadian QR code; see the Canada logo on the top) is a Smart QR code, and should be verifiable anywhere in Canada (almost; not every province is there yet) and in many US states. The document itself also has all the information to prove your vaccination status; it will get you into the US, and it should be enough to get you an EU QR code, although you may have to jump through some hoops to get it. It should also be accepted anywhere that a US CDC card is accepted.

Again, as explained above...the EU Digital COVID certificate, HAS TO BE WITH EU approved vaccine and issued by the EU, not a digital or smart app from the US, or Canada, or Singapore, but ONLY FROM the EU (as I understand it at 10:00 CDT today...subject to correction or change)

14 hours ago, clojacks said:

Again, as explained above...the EU Digital COVID certificate, HAS TO BE WITH EU approved vaccine and issued by the EU, not a digital or smart app from the US, or Canada, or Singapore, but ONLY FROM the EU (as I understand it at 10:00 CDT today...subject to correction or change)

True, but most European countries follow the similar if not 100% same vaccine regulations as EU and thus the Covid certificates with QR codes issued outside EU can work in the same manner and the apps used to read the certificate QR can accept also non-EU certificates. Of course, EU can dictate which certificates it accepts and I don't know if eg. Canadian or Singaporean certificate codes are included in accepted ones, but at least European non-EU countries Switzerland, Norway and now (after November 1st) even UK can produce COVID certificates that are approved for use in EU. Presumably this goes also the other way around and EU certificates are among those what get accepted in these non-EU countries.

On 11/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, ilove2read said:

The main problem is that Norway only recognizes Covid certificates that are recognized by the EU. Canada and the US are still in negotiations with the EU to have their respective Covid certificates recognized. I am hopeful that this matter will be resolved in the coming months and we will be able to travel to Norway. Fingers crossed!

We are hopeful too!

On 10/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I see that just a couple of weeks ago Norway eased restrictions for entry by many EU citizens.  But not for North Americans, Canadians or U.S. Citizens.

We have a fjords and Baltic itinerary booked for next July.  We can all live in hope that this thing will be behind us by then, but is anyone else worried about this?  Especially since final payment comes up for many of these cruises around February. I'm thinking that Norway has a strong incentive to open up further for the summer '22 season.

Do you think this recent easing is the start of a broader one, or should I be worried?  

booked a Fjords Cruise in May and also wondering the same thing.  Hard to understand if we are allowed in or not?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the same boat, so to speak.   Booked on msc (U.S. citizens).  Airfare changeable, but final payment on cruise in February.    Considering making a backup booking on Celebrity for just in case.   Our state issues QR codes for vaccine proof but we can’t get them as we see in Pfizer trial for the foreseeable future.  Keeping fingers crossed for this one.  

My cruise out of Southampton for Norwegian Fjords is also in June with final payment in Feb.

We will have a Covid test 2 days pre cruise for the ship.  Norway said on  the news this week they want a Covid test 1 day before entering Norway.

We are on the cruise before our Norwegian Fjords.  Princess will do a Covid test on turn around day (Saturday) for the Norwegian Fjords, Sunday is a sea day, we are not in Norway until Monday.

I wonder if Norway would accept the test from the ship or will they want a new test then Princess would have to do everyone on Monday?

We will have to wait to see if there are any changes, so hard when final payment is so close.

• Like 1

well, I just booked a back up cruise on Celebrity,  it fits with our flight dates, & goes to ports I love, with a couple of new ones...final payment is around the same time, but with Celebrity, I know that it's to ports that will allow us in with our full vaccinations & boosters. 

If Norway announces it is allowing U.S. citizens in by the beginning of February, great, if not...  well, wasn't meant to be this time around.  Will be grateful just to be in Europe again. 🙂

Should know in about 8 weeks 😉 

We have final payment for our Norway cruise  on January 12. I am hopeful by then we will know if we can enter the country or not without quarantine. So far I have been able to ascertain that we could have a 3 day quarantine instead of 10 but still that is not 100% gty. Very frustrating as Seabourn's Covid cancellation ends April 30 and our cruise is May 14. Insurance is in the thousands so am hesitant to spend that kind of money on insurance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JSR said:

We have final payment for our Norway cruise  on January 12. I am hopeful by then we will know if we can enter the country or not without quarantine. So far I have been able to ascertain that we could have a 3 day quarantine instead of 10 but still that is not 100% gty. Very frustrating as Seabourn's Covid cancellation ends April 30 and our cruise is May 14. Insurance is in the thousands so am hesitant to spend that kind of money on insurance. 

totally understand, is there another cruise that you could switch to....   the more I think about it, the more I realize the Fjords just might not work for us this year... if I cancel & stick with the Celebrity cruise I can peacefully go forward knowing that things will more than likely work out.    I've never been this close to a cruise without some serious plans & hotels booked already...

I'm thinking I might not wait until February to make this decision, just might start booking my pre Rome instead of Germany

This is a trip to the Arctic so there is no other option then Norway. Might have to postpone to 2023. I am going to speak with Seabourn on Monday to find out if they have any plans to extend the cancelation option. There are 4 of us going, one has an EU passport as he is a dual citizen but the rest of us do not have any option to get the EU certificate unless the US finalizes their agreement with EU around the certificate or Norway starts excepting US vax cards which right now seems unlikely as Europe is starting to lock down again. 

13 hours ago, JSR said:

This is a trip to the Arctic so there is no other option then Norway. Might have to postpone to 2023. I am going to speak with Seabourn on Monday to find out if they have any plans to extend the cancelation option. There are 4 of us going, one has an EU passport as he is a dual citizen but the rest of us do not have any option to get the EU certificate unless the US finalizes their agreement with EU around the certificate or Norway starts excepting US vax cards which right now seems unlikely as Europe is starting to lock down again. 

bleh, I'm sorry.   I'm going ahead with my plans for Celebrity Adriatic instead... haven't been to Italy in about 5 years, so we'll do some pre-cruise time there......  will book Norway for 2023 instead.  I only hold a U.S. passport... right now I'm not willing to take a chance of having no holiday at all..

best wishes to you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, JSR said:

Enjoy your Adriatic trip. We did push our trip a couple of weeks due to wedding so hopefully by our new departure on June 5 all will be good to go. 

Happy sailing to you....  we are also hopeful for more normalcy by late spring/early summer 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently booked on the Sky Princess for a Baltic cruise in May. I am flying from Texas so I will need a Covid test at the end of the cruise before returning to the U.S. I have searched all over but I have not been able to find any information on whether Princess will provide a Covid test at the end of the cruise. Can anyone confirm if Princess will provide a Covid test at disembarkation? 

5 minutes ago, RonEby said:

I am currently booked on the Sky Princess for a Baltic cruise in May. I am flying from Texas so I will need a Covid test at the end of the cruise before returning to the U.S. I have searched all over but I have not been able to find any information on whether Princess will provide a Covid test at the end of the cruise. Can anyone confirm if Princess will provide a Covid test at disembarkation? 

Presently Princess are offering International travelers a Covid test free if their home country require a negative test result.

I have a cruise out of Southampton in May.

13 minutes ago, RonEby said:

Can anyone confirm if Princess will provide a Covid test at disembarkation? 

Let’s hope that testing is not necessary when it becomes May - but no one knows.
You can also ask about the Princess specific test in the Princes Forum.

An option is also to have tests done in the port where you disembark before returning home - specify which port.  
Then probably planning a few days from test to return if PCR test required.

We are booked on a Viking Ocean cruise (Viking Homelands itinerary) this August departing from Bergen. I was concerned that we (US citizens and fully vaccinated and boosted) couldn't get a UK or EU Digital Covid Vaccination certificate which is required to enter Norway and apparently there are no exceptions. We recently received a document from Viking in our account that Viking will secure an EU Digital Certificate on our behalf and instructions will follow as it gets closer to August. One less thing to worry about doing correctly 🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jss5200 said:

We are booked on a Viking Ocean cruise (Viking Homelands itinerary) this August departing from Bergen. I was concerned that we (US citizens and fully vaccinated and boosted) couldn't get a UK or EU Digital Covid Vaccination certificate which is required to enter Norway and apparently there are no exceptions. We recently received a document from Viking in our account that Viking will secure an EU Digital Certificate on our behalf and instructions will follow as it gets closer to August. One less thing to worry about doing correctly 🙂

That’s awesome!  Just hope Holland America and others do the same for their passengers 

2 hours ago, jss5200 said:

Yes, I'd read about that over on the Viking board.  I've asked why other cruise lines can't do something similar.  I presume they're doing the same for Canadians.  We'll see...

23 minutes ago, Pace67 said:

The European Commission has announced that the EU Digital COVID-19 Passport may also be issued to non-European travellers, including those from the United States and the United Kingdom

However, I cannot find any information about how to obtain it. 

This is from September.  And I also can't find anything about how a Canadian obtains it.

7 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

If you're going to some country, like Norway, then apparently you do.

Will our Covid -19 Proof of Vaccination- country of issurance Canada -  issuing province - Ontario QR code be accepted?