Favorite food you miss on NCL, not available anymore?

ClevelandCruisin

I haven't sailed since pre-pandemic but if O'Sheehan's chicken pot pie is gone, I'll be bummed.

There was an Embark video which showed how they arrive at menu changes.  At least on the video, the executive team taste tests the new offerings, like on a reality show.  Not sure how close that is to the actual process.

In any case, they're trying to appeal to the younger cruisers:  Less heavy/formal, more healthy/accessible.  I suppose this is in line with the NCL "freestyle" philosophy.  

• Like 2

As others have said, the pot pie from O'Sheehan's, but I think it was actually turkey, not chicken.

From LeBistro, I really miss the mussels with cream sauce.  They changed the sauce to a wine sauce several years ago and it is nowhere near as yummy now.  

I will also now miss the profiteroles from LeBistro, which were absolutely my favorite dish on NCL, and have now been removed from the menu.  😞

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

As others have said, the pot pie from O'Sheehan's, but I think it was actually turkey, not chicken.

From LeBistro, I really miss the mussels with cream sauce.  They changed the sauce to a wine sauce several years ago and it is nowhere near as yummy now.  

I will also now miss the profiteroles from LeBistro, which were absolutely my favorite dish on NCL, and have now been removed from the menu.  😞

You are part right.  The original was a chicken pot pie that was pre FDR.  It was removed because the chicken and fresh veggies must have been too rich for FDR.  It appeared later on The Local menu as a turkey pot pie.  Nice try but it was never as good as the chicken one.  Sure enough it looks like the turkey pot pie disappeared too 🥺

• Like 1

From the look I've had at the new Cagney's menu they have dropped the Beef Shortrib Confit starter (or it wasn't available fleet-wide?). I had it several times on the Jewel in 2020, it came with a red pepper hummus and little flatbread and it was delicious! 

Seems like the jumbo shrimp cocktail isn't available as widespread either. 

17 hours ago, ShelleyQT said:

I always was torn between the profiteroles and the Napoleon.  The first is no longer on the menu and the second just isn’t the same as before.