Favorite food you miss on NCL, not available anymore?

ClevelandCruisin

Mozz Sticks...idk why these were in a green basket, maybe because we ordered so many this time, but they used to come in that adorable mini fry basket, the chicken tenders were decent drunk food as well...as you can see, I have a refined palette. 357062523_ScreenShot2021-10-18at10_41_48PM.png.7f72997498738b85af13086a82ab2f35.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Mozz Sticks...idk why these were in a green basket, maybe because we ordered so many this time, but they used to come in that adorable mini fry basket, the chicken tenders were decent drunk food as well...as you can see, I have a refined palette. 357062523_ScreenShot2021-10-18at10_41_48PM.png.7f72997498738b85af13086a82ab2f35.png

That is first I've seen that.  They usually dole out 3-4 sticks in the metal small basket.  Major score there.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

That is first I've seen that.  They usually dole out 3-4 sticks in the metal small basket.  Major score there.

unless something happened, O Sheehans does not have mozz sticks anymore, period. this photo I posted was from years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Heytootsktz said:

I miss the Mexican Restaurant that used to be above the atrium on the Gem.  Did they REALLY need all that space for O’Sheehans??????

what was the name of the that restaurant? From what i remember on all of the times i sailed on the Gem that space used to be called The Blue Lagoon before they switched it to Osheehans 

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

what was the name of the that restaurant? From what i remember on all of the times i sailed on the Gem that space used to be called The Blue Lagoon before they switched it to Osheehans 

I know that when we sailed on the Star or the Sky (or both?) we really enjoyed the Blue Lagoon. Quick, fast, simple. And I remember having to walk through the Mexican restaurant to get to our aft room, it was kind of a weird feeling to go strolling through the tables. 

Edited by Shellbelle28

15 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Mozz Sticks...idk why these were in a green basket, maybe because we ordered so many this time, but they used to come in that adorable mini fry basket, the chicken tenders were decent drunk food as well...as you can see, I have a refined palette.

I miss these as well. We had them on our first cruise and then they were gone.

The weird thing is that they still have mozzarella sticks on board -- we've gotten them at meet & greets. But I can't figure out where I can actually get them when I want them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

Was it Salsa's?

I haven't been on the Gem but on the Jade I think that the mexican restaurant (Salsa's?) was located next to Blue Lagoon. They had amazing Sizzling Fajitas!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brookie848 said:

The weird thing is that they still have mozzarella sticks on board -- we've gotten them at meet & greets. But I can't figure out where I can actually get them when I want them.

I had them at the American Diner on Getaway. They were gigantic (which is not really a good thing in mozz sticks, but these were OK), and $4.

2 hours ago, Shellbelle28 said:

I know that when we sailed on the Star or the Sky (or both?) we really enjoyed the Blue Lagoon. Quick, fast, simple. And I remember having to walk through the Mexican restaurant to get to our aft room, it was kind of a weird feeling to go strolling through the tables. 

Our very first cruise was on the NCL Star in 2001 in Hawaii. I honestly believe it was the (always warm and fresh out of the oven) chocolate chip cookies in the Blue Lagoon that made cruiseaholics out of us. No lie!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heytootsktz said:

I miss the Mexican Restaurant that used to be above the atrium on the Gem.  Did they REALLY need all that space for O’Sheehans??????

I loved that Tex Mex restaurant on the Jewel too. They would give you a free margarita to start the meal.  I forget the name though.  I ordered the ribs there once and they were delicious.  Believe it or not but I was asked if I wanted another rack and got another one for no charge.  Oh, btw, the cover charge was $10 in 2009.  Those were the days!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brookie848 said:

I miss these as well. We had them on our first cruise and then they were gone.

i am not sure YET, but I think there are some on the menu at American Diner...I didn't realize this until the last day onboard Encore, but I am checking it out next week on Bliss

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

Tangos! It was $10/person and included a margarita! Yummy food and a great deal for a specialty restaurant 10 or so years ago.

• Like 1