Princess Patter

travelbuds

19 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I have the same thing. What is also nice about it is that I can put money for tipping (and CCs) in there as well. 

It is the best ... I actually had my other one for a couple of years and it broke, not badly enough that I couldn't use some superglue to fix it but then it broke at another corner.  I just broke down and got a new one since it was on sale.  I know they have much cheaper ones on Amazon but I like the actual leather ones by Bandolier.  I get so many compliments on it and it makes my phone so handy.  I never even use my cell phone at home but on a cruise, it goes with me everywhere.  I also carry tips, a cc and business cards in the little snap pocket in the case.  

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, Mike45LC said:

Here is an entry I made in my travel log on our last Princess cruise:  "Tonight’s show is NOT listed in the darn [edited] app!  When I looked again at 6:30 it was listed. Doesn’t help people making plans!  Only the 8:00 show appeared on the app, the 10:00 show still is not listed."

This was a problem throughout the cruise.  I was unable to rely on the app, and needed to go through the Patter daily with highlighter in hand.  I would get a physical Patter from "Guest Relations" [why did they change the name from "Purser"?] every morning.

On our last cruise (ended in November 2019 just before the shutdown) I used the (then current) shipname.princess.com version. We went to a function that was listed in the app as being in Vista Lounge. We were sitting there waiting along with a dozen or more others but the event never happened. I got peeved and went searching and found it was being held in Explorer's. I told the staff it was listed in the app as being in Vista Lounge and their response was, "Oh! We didn't know that. We never look at that." I went back to Vista Lounge and told the other folks who were - amazingly - still waiting for staff to show up for the event. After that I didn't trust the electronic version.

On our upcoming cruise in May I will request a daily hard copy of the Patter. That's not to say I won't use the new app for other things and I may well check to see if the old shipname.princess.com version agrees with the new app version. From what I've read here on CC it sounds as if the new version is a pain in the neck to use due to having to scroll through it. I will most likely do what I did with the old app and simply make a list on my phone of what I want to do. It was pretty easy on the old version to just select what you wanted and it was automagically added to your list. I'll just look at the whole thing as an "adventure" and a learning experience.

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

the new version is a pain in the neck to use due to having to scroll through it

It is a PITA if you ask me. I have suggested to Princess numerous times that they copy the Royal App. It is so much easier to read and find and book events. 

Just got off the Sky Princess Monday in Southampton. 

The paper document is not called Princess Padder BTW.  It's just some daily listing of activities.  You are supposed to get with the times and play with the interactive schedule in the elevator lobbies of which I never saw anyone ever reference or use.   I think it is also on your TV but we are not smart enough to work well with the "interactive" TV. 

I also think I had to request the paper copy on the medallion......But so confused about Medallion I do not recall or want to recall.....The Medallion is another nightmare.

We took our first and last Princess cruise......never venturing off the reservation again to cruise on any ship unless it is a 'dam ship from Holland America Line.