50% WiFi Discount/Credit - Or Lack Thereof

Bgwest

2 hours ago, DuaneO said:

My best guess, we both had to separately order the WiFi access, but we would be limited to one device each.  The other option is four devices… but we wouldn’t need that added expense…. When you place the order you pay the retail charge, you’re refunded the “50%” as ship board credit.  So I highly recommend you purchase the package on board.  

Thanks for the info and your advice.......

Just now, DuaneO said:

So I highly recommend you purchase the package on board.  

Only if you want to pay more than ordering it pre-cruise. 

@Steelers36despite all of your detailed explanations and perfectly accurate chart, it all appears to have been lost on  some. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Edited by Bgwest

On 10/27/2021 at 1:09 PM, PaperSniper4 said:

I'm concerned about this also. We're platinum, and I already purchased a 1 device package for our 10 day cruise for $100. However, other than here on the CC board, I can find no information on the 50% discount about which folks are talking. Has anyone found anything in writing, officially by Princess, that I can site if others have problems with their 50% onboard discount once on board? I think I saw it once, somewhere, but haven't been able to get much done at Princess.com lately - keep getting error messages. Please don't even mention the Medallion app! 😳

We don't sail until Feb 2022, and I don't plan on working on this particular issue until we've boarded. I have other issues, like trying to get a couple of .375 ml bottles of scotch ordered for cabin delivery. Always before I've ordered that via Princess Cellars well before we sailed, and it was never a problem. But I cannot find that option under Princess Cellars for the last 4 months, including yesterday. I figure I will get on the phone a day or two prior to final payment and tell them my payment is contingent on getting my scotch ordered! maybe that will work, eh?😉

Doug

When do you sail in February?  I also can’t figure out why those small bottles aren’t available pre-cruise.  We cruise Feb 10 on the Ruby to Hawaii.  Keep us posted when you leave as to whether or not they are available and I will do the same.  I love your idea of keeping final payment hostage until they can give us an answer.  

5 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Only if you want to pay more than ordering it pre-cruise. 

@Steelers36despite all of your detailed explanations and perfectly accurate chart, it all appears to have been lost on  some. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Well, I am trying to get for-sure clarity on the new note about getting pre-cruise price on embarkation day.  We shall see.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Therese S. said:

When do you sail in February?  I also can’t figure out why those small bottles aren’t available pre-cruise.  We cruise Feb 10 on the Ruby to Hawaii.  Keep us posted when you leave as to whether or not they are available and I will do the same.  I love your idea of keeping final payment hostage until they can give us an answer.  

We sail on the Grand from San Pedro, 28 February 2022. I plan to call Princess sometime around 10-15 Nov 2021 if I still cannot order those bottles online. I try to do so every few days........

I will try to remember to post my results about my success ordering those small bottles delivered to the cabin. But you will sail before us, so you may find out before I do.

We have sailed the Ruby a couple of times. Our last on her was also to Hawaii (2016?), which is one of our favorite itineraries.....mainly for all those sea days!

Doug

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

We sail on the Grand from San Pedro, 28 February 2022. I plan to call Princess sometime around 10-15 Nov 2021 if I still cannot order those bottles online. I try to do so every few days........

I will try to remember to post my results about my success ordering those small bottles delivered to the cabin. But you will sail before us, so you may find out before I do.

We have sailed the Ruby a couple of times. Our last on her was also to Hawaii (2016?), which is one of our favorite itineraries.....mainly for all those sea days!

Doug

Update to above: I was finally able to use the chat function on my phone, NOT my PC. Not sure if I mentioned that above, but I had been trying to avoid a phone call to PCL customer service. However, the person on the chat cut the line after about 20 minutes of me trying to get the question about the small bottles and a couple of other questions I had. Apparently my questions were too tough!😉

Over the next three days I called customer service twice. The first call, lasting about 1.5 hours including wait times ended with my hanging up myself after being on hold for 45 minutes while they "checked something". However, a call to them two days later yielded good results, I spoke to an excellent agent, Dwana, who answered my questions. It did take some time as I was on hold again for quite a while.

Answer: She could see where I'd ordered those bottles for cabin delivery in years past. However, she had no idea why I could not see them listed under Princess Cellars on line. She assured me I could order those .375l bottles for cabin delivery once onboard. I hope she is right. I will try to find this post and update.

Doug

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Answer: She could see where I'd ordered those bottles for cabin delivery in years past. However, she had no idea why I could not see them listed under Princess Cellars on line. She assured me I could order those .375l bottles for cabin delivery once onboard. I hope she is right. I will try to find this post and update.

Could she see the them listed for sale for your cruise? If so, why would she not let you order them over the phone with her?

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Could she see the them listed for sale for your cruise? If so, why would she not let you order them over the phone with her?

She told me pre-ordering was not permitted anymore. She did not know why. I made my final payment for this cruise yesterday. Hoped the option to order would show up under Princess Cellars once I logged onto Princess.com. No joy. So, I sure hope she was telling the truth and we may still order once on board. If not, it's back to finding another way of getting our drinks in the cabin. Hopefully that will not require a change in our preferred cruise line!😪

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

My next Princess Cruise is Dec 21 on the Regal.   

I really hate the Medallion App.   It lost my dinner reservations once and I had to redo them.   Now I am having the same issue with the MedallionNet purchase.    I am being charged the full price on the app.  I contacted the mother ship and was told that I will get an "On Board Credit".  She had no idea if it was refundable or not.    I completely lost her when I tried to explain the difference between being charged net or getting "On board credit". 

She says the excursions are being billed correctly (net) if done on the app.  She said I should have waited until I got onboard to get the "net" charge for the MedallionNet package.  When I reminded her that we are told to book it now on the app, to get the lowest rate - she became confused again.

They still do not know what they are doing?

On a side note:  We got off the Celebrity Apex just before Thanksgiving.  They had 4 future cruise advisors on duty from about 9am to 10 pm.   And they were always busy.   Compare that to the two to three hours a day you get with one person on Princess ships.

44 minutes ago, deansenecal51 said:

My next Princess Cruise is Dec 21 on the Regal.   

I really hate the Medallion App.   It lost my dinner reservations once and I had to redo them.   Now I am having the same issue with the MedallionNet purchase.    I am being charged the full price on the app.  I contacted the mother ship and was told that I will get an "On Board Credit".  She had no idea if it was refundable or not.    I completely lost her when I tried to explain the difference between being charged net or getting "On board credit". 

She says the excursions are being billed correctly (net) if done on the app.  She said I should have waited until I got onboard to get the "net" charge for the MedallionNet package.  When I reminded her that we are told to book it now on the app, to get the lowest rate - she became confused again.

They still do not know what they are doing?

On a side note:  We got off the Celebrity Apex just before Thanksgiving.  They had 4 future cruise advisors on duty from about 9am to 10 pm.   And they were always busy.   Compare that to the two to three hours a day you get with one person on Princess ships.

Unfortunately, you got a rep that either doesn't know the details or was confused by the questions.

Anyway, the 50% rebate is Refundable OBC.  The MC App is supposed to charge the net cost by recognizing your CC Member Level.  This is something being worked on with no announced delivery date.  In the interim, you can wait to order MedallionNet on the ship and get the lower price on DAY 1 (after that price goes up).  If you order on board, your account is charged the net cost.  The OBC had to be refundable to treat everyone equal.

• 2 weeks later...

The 50% discount seemed to get off to a rocky start so I am wondering if we can get an update. Can anyone who has recently sailed let us know if Princess has gotten the 50% discount programmed so that it’s being applied without having to go to passenger services or internet manager? 

Also, if you purchased onboard did you notice if the first day price was the lower pre-cruise price? 

hopefully by now all this has been ironed out! 

9 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

. Can anyone who has recently sailed let us know if Princess has gotten the 50% discount programmed so that it’s being applied without having to go to passenger services or internet manager? 

Yes. It automatically showed up 1st day along with the 10% for shore excursions and was refundable 

12/9/21-12/19/21 Emerald Princess 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Showed up automatically this past week(s) but was marked as non refundable.  It did roll over from my first week cruise to the 2nd but I still needed to make a gift shop process to use some of it up. 

Which ship?  Incorrectly done.  Did you inquire about it?  

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Which ship?  Incorrectly done.  Did you inquire about it?  

Sky Princess over the last two weeks, I didn’t inquire.

I have 20 days on the Enchanted in the coming weeks and if that’s the case I’ll definitely follow up.  

It was only about $15 dollars,  but still. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yes. It automatically showed up 1st day along with the 10% for shore excursions and was refundable 

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Showed up automatically this past week(s) but was marked as non refundable.  It did roll over from my first week cruise to the 2nd but I still needed to make a gift shop process to use some of it up. 

Mine did not say refundable but it was included in the refundable credits at the bottom on the 1st day. It just says:

681385942_Screenshot_20211221-082054_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.252360c355eb20641d135bc50d1830cc.jpg

All non-refundable credits were identified as such. This is also how it showed up on the 8/15/21 - 8/22/21 Majestic Princess 

Edited by Ombud

18 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Princess still is not getting this right.  My Medallion Net 50% credit was deemed "non-refundable" no matter who I spoke to on the Grand back in October.  I wasn't going to fight it then because I was able to use up all of my OBC.

Princess needs to put the policy in writing (non-refundable/refundable) AND they need to start charging the 50% rate from the start.  None of this rebated OBC nonsense.  

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 5:39 AM, Ombud said:

I realized that you may not have the info since you pre-purchased.  On the off chance you heard from other passengers, was the discounted rate being offered on the first day of the sailing?  Thx!

1 hour ago, ebeluga said:

I realized that you may not have the info since you pre-purchased.  On the off chance you heard from other passengers, was the discounted rate being offered on the first day of the sailing?  Thx!

Not in my MedallionClass app

• Thanks 1