Cost for adding additional guests to a suite...

Stockjock

I've been dating the GF for about 8 years.  Took her on a Princess Cruise for her 50th birthday.  She'll be 60 in about 3 years or so.

At a minimum, I'd like to do something similar, but I'm also considering doing something a lot more extravagant.

If I were to book a higher end suite with multiple bedrooms and add additional guests (friends or family), typically what is the cost like for the extra guests?  Obviously, it would vary depending on ship and itinerary, but is there any ballpark way to figure out the cost in the event that we want to make it a bit of blowout?

I’ve added our daughter to our SR for a number of cruises, and the cost for us is lower individually, but I haven’t seen any consistent percentage or such. Could be, but the best approach is to select the cruise you are considering, go to the booking and change the number of guests and see the changes……or the best way (I know those who see my posts and may remember me will know what I’m about the say!) is to contact a professional Travel Advisor and have them work up various options of numbers of people. 

Personally, I think individual SRs work better for more than a 2 or 3, unless it’s your kids. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just did a trial booking.  Didn't see a way to add guests, but...

Looks like even the nicest suites are still generally only 1 bedroom.  Probably wouldn't do a 1 bedroom with guests due to the lack of privacy.  Think I'll probably stick with something nice, but maybe just for 2.  Thanks for the suggestions!

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Looks like even the nicest suites are still generally only 1 bedroom.  Probably wouldn't do a 1 bedroom with guests due to the lack of privacy.  Think I'll probably stick with something nice, but maybe just for 2.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Have cruised in a RS with 3 and a PH with 4 on S and M class. 

Great if you are a close family as we are but we wouldn’t do it with friends. Cost wise it has made sense for us and we love having the shared family space and large balcony during the day and the two separate sleeping areas and bathrooms at night. Much as the costs for guests 1 and 2 are high the cost for guests 3 and 4 are much less and they still get the perks of unlimited speciality dining, premium beverages and WiFi.

The only rooms on Celebrity that have two bedrooms are the Reflection suite on Reflection and the Iconic suite and PH on Edge class. RC does have Family suites on some of their ships (I think Freedom and Oasis Class) These do have multiple rooms and could be an option for you.

If you do decide to cruise in a suite on Celebrity and suggest friends join you be aware that it can cause problems if they book an alternative category of room as your dining area, deck area and Retreat lounge will not be open to them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

When you do your booking - once you pick an itinerary to book the first question is number of cabins, the second question is number of guests. When you pick 4 instead of 2 you will get the cost for adding more people to the room. 

• Like 2

It will vary greatly depending on ship. As already posted, true 2 bedroom suites on Celebrity are few and generally quite expensive. The cost for guests 3/4 usually are not that significant.  

For a 7 night cruise, 4 people in an Iconic Suite can easily approach 70k. PH on E class between 40-50k. The Refection suite roughly $25-30k. A PH on a 5 night M class for 4 (although 1 bedroom) is probably more in the 10k range. I personally wouldn’t share a 1 bedroom suite with others but everyone has their own comfort level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It will vary greatly depending on ship. As already posted, true 2 bedroom suites on Celebrity are few and generally quite expensive. The cost for guests 3/4 usually are not that significant.  

For a 7 night cruise, 4 people in an Iconic Suite can easily approach 70k. PH on E class between 40-50k. The Refection suite roughly $25-30k. A PH on a 5 night M class for 4 (although 1 bedroom) is probably more in the 10k range. I personally wouldn’t share a 1 bedroom suite with others but everyone has their own comfort level. 

FYI, the PH on M class ships has two full bathrooms.  Although I don't know whether two adults would be comfortable on the pull-out couch.

Another option is finding a suite that connects to another cabin.  Although it is more expensive than 3rd/4th rate option, it gets you a second full bathroom and more privacy.  You can find any connection variations: suites connecting to an outside cabin, a balcony cabin, or another suite.  My personal favorite is the Iconic Suite connecting with a Royal Suite.  

One disadvantage is that if the connecting cabin is not a suite, those occupants may not get access to Luminae nor the Retreat.

image.png.38ea11097a9cead97207e2c9b1487c2d.png           image.png.d21eacd1bc4b95d919751477b90eee03.png          image.png.d3193c35b97f35ba86f38919ff8b5d02.png  

image.png

Edited by mahdnc