Upgraded for our upcoming cruise on Marina

lorimay

I was just notified by Oceania that we were upgraded from a B3 verandah cabin on deck 7 to an A4 concierge cabin. I'm not complaining, first time in many cruises  we were ever upgraded! I'm just wondering what they mean in the email:

"Due to the evolving technical needs of our Marine Operations department the cabin you reserved,  B3 Veranda Stateroom 7111  will no longer be available."

Maybe they are refurbishing the veranda?

24 minutes ago, lorimay said:

I was just notified by Oceania that we were upgraded from a B3 verandah cabin on deck 7 to an A4 concierge cabin. I'm not complaining, first time in many cruises  we were ever upgraded! I'm just wondering what they mean in the email:

"Due to the evolving technical needs of our Marine Operations department the cabin you reserved,  B3 Veranda Stateroom 7111  will no longer be available."

IMO, what a bummer! 7111 is one of the four prime/open extended balconies. 
As to why the move? There’s really nothing to upgrade but there are things that could possibly need major/time consuming repair. OR you just got bumped for whatever reason. 

The cruise is the Nov. 2 - 9, Rome to Trieste. I am a little bummed about losing the big balcony, but since this is a very busy cruise with no sea days, I'm not too upset. I'm just hoping we actually make to to the cruise between all the testing and paperwork. It's very stressful.

2 hours ago, lorimay said:

The cruise is the Nov. 2 - 9, Rome to Trieste. I am a little bummed about losing the big balcony, but since this is a very busy cruise with no sea days, I'm not too upset. I'm just hoping we actually make to to the cruise between all the testing and paperwork. It's very stressful.

We recently got back from a three-week trip to the Med that involved 8 Covid tests.  Pre-cruise it was very stressful, but as it played out the stress level went way down.  Once we got through the Azova/Ellume web test #1, the rest was easy!  We're heading off again in three weeks, and this time just planning on the free tests at CVS.

• Like 1

July......Iceland 2 nose swabs, 8 spit tests

September...Europe west coast,.  7  swabs.

Next cruise in three weeks, estimate is is 2 swabs and about 20 spit tests.

Usually didn't look at the  results, I figured if they were positive it would be delivered by someone in a hazmat suit. 

Nothing as stressful as changing planes in Newark,

We got the CVS PCR needed for the cruise. Tested the afternoon prior to our flight and results were in morning email. Of course times vary

Only moments of stress might be when someone coughs. 

In most of the European cities Covid rules were strictly enforced, more vaccine certificate checks then ID checks when I was 18.

Just hope we can get our 3rd jab in the next few days.

15 hours ago, lorimay said:

I feel your pain! I'm on the 10/28 Riviera cruise, had an extended balcony and got the same notice. Upset about losing it but nothing I can do. And I also agree about all the pre-cruise paperwork and testing - VERY stressful, especially since I haven't heard that my application to France has been approved. We disembark there, so what are they going to do if I don't get it, keep me on the ship??

On 10/21/2021 at 1:29 PM, lorimay said:

Losing one of the best balcony cabins on the ship sounds like a downgrade to me. The 7111 balcony is huge, with full-size loungers in addition to chairs and a table.

Edited by tgg