LIVE/Grand/Oct. 23 - Nov.1, 2021

HBCcruiser

The earliest I could book a POST-Covid test was on Friday (returned on Monday) at Walgreens.  My appointment was at 1 PM.  Sample was suppose to be picked up by 3 PM and overnighted to Tennessee.  I checked several times a day.  Sample did not arrive to Lab until Sunday morning.  

Just received results (7 PM Sunday).  Negative.

But I would have missed the ship if I had to rely on a regular PCR test from Walgreens.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:46 PM, muffin said:

Back to flowers. Would be wonderful if you could give us some info on costs to order onboard. We need to tell our kids how much to allow on a planned Xmas gift card from them to us  for our next cruise.  I presume they supply a vase?  Thx. 

I think it’s post #232 on this thread where I put up a photo of the Princess $39 arrangement we ordered once we boarded. We went to the purser desk. It arrived within hours. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

B47A754B-CDAB-4FD6-B700-9FBE23EBF42E.jpeg

Awesome tip. Thanks so much. I had no idea. I like the paper copies so I can scan them when I get home and provide a link to anyone interested. I downloaded the new version of the app this weekend so the navigation was a little different for me. Click on the photo in the upper left > My Preferences, Room > Paper Free Options > Princess Patter > Save.

Thanks again for posting. I never would have found it on my own!

47 minutes ago, coopco said:

Awesome tip. Thanks so much. I had no idea. I like the paper copies so I can scan them when I get home and provide a link to anyone interested. I downloaded the new version of the app this weekend so the navigation was a little different for me. Click on the photo in the upper left > My Preferences, Room > Paper Free Options > Princess Patter > Save.

Thanks again for posting. I never would have found it on my own!

You’re welcome! I will have to check out the new version of the app. It’s working for me so I’m afraid to touch anything, lol.

21 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

It was delivered nightly to our cabin. 

21 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

It was delivered nightly to our cabin. 

Thanks for answering; we prefer a paper copy and will not be carrying around a tablet after we board.

1 hour ago, cruzmore99 said:

Thanks for answering; we prefer a paper copy and will not be carrying around a tablet after we board.

The nice thing is, you can bookmark all the events, shows, activities, etc on your tablet.  Then, on the large white screens that are located all around the ship, you can pull up only your bookmarked items.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

The nice thing is, you can bookmark all the events, shows, activities, etc on your tablet.  Then, on the large white screens that are located all around the ship, you can pull up only your bookmarked items.  

I bookmarked interested events but didn't know how to retrieve them.  Thanks for that bit of information.  Not much more has been said about "reservations".  I only could view how many were going but didn't know how to add myself to the count.  Would bookmark have done that?  venues were very empty thus no need for reservations.  Not sure how I feel that on future cruises.

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Would bookmark have done that? 

Yes. Then at the bottom toggle from "All Events" to "My Events". That will pull up the events you bookmarked. I found that the layout of the calendar was difficult to read through. I had to constantly scroll across and down to view events. I wish Princess would copy the Royal App. It is much easier to use and read. 

Princess App;IMG_8963.thumb.PNG.630e9cb1cf27c0a7fe84106cf593434a.PNG

Royal App - Hard to see but it is more linear and uses tabs for days and event types;

IMG_8964.thumb.PNG.a9006869145ab5144cd8fc7e750997a5.PNGIMG_7734.thumb.PNG.b86eb6a10b09639f747d464808a01799.PNG

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I bookmarked interested events but didn't know how to retrieve them.  Thanks for that bit of information.  Not much more has been said about "reservations".  I only could view how many were going but didn't know how to add myself to the count.  Would bookmark have done that?  venues were very empty thus no need for reservations.  Not sure how I feel that on future cruises.

As for now, you won't need reservations, thus I believe they changed the wording on the app from 'reserve' to 'bookmark'.  People tended to reserve everything they might want to do and you couldn't reserve it once it was filled up.  Then, people would just not show up to the events they reserved and others that didn't have a reservation tended not to go because they wouldn't be allowed in.  

Now, when you go into Journeyview, click on the event that you may want to attend, then, click on Bookmark and then click on ok.  You should see the number of guests bookmarking it update on the screen. You can also 'cancel bookmark' by tapping on the event again. 

At the bottom of the screen, you can pull up ALL or MY EVENTS.  What is nice is that if you don't have your phone or tablet with you, you can use one of the large screens throughout the ship and it will pick up on your medallion device.  You can go to MY EVENTS on these digital screens and it will also pull up your bookmarked events as well as where they are and even directions on how to get there from where you are.  

It's really just like a highlighted paper patter without wasting paper.  

The large digital screens may also have a surprise for you if you are celebrating a special occasion.  It really is kind of special!!  I love the medallion's and app's capabilities .. others may not have the same opinion.  

At home, I am really not a phone person at all.  As a matter of fact, my phone might be dead for a couple of weeks and I won't even notice.  But, my neighbor gave me a leather phone case with a shoulder strap ... wow!!  I'd never leave the room without it.  I still don't use it at home but it was second nature for me to strap it like a cross body bag on me while on a cruise.  It was very handy as I love to take photos and always had my phone handy to do so if I ran into anything I wanted to take a picture of while out and about.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Off topic - maybe:

We've got a cruise next Feb on the Grand. Trying to confirm it's still possible to order those small bottles (.375l) of liquor for cabin delivery. Has anyone reading this done that recently? I've done it on every other Princess cruise we've taken, but I cannot find in at Princess.com now.........

Doug

15 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Off topic - maybe:

We've got a cruise next Feb on the Grand. Trying to confirm it's still possible to order those small bottles (.375l) of liquor for cabin delivery. Has anyone reading this done that recently? I've done it on every other Princess cruise we've taken, but I cannot find in at Princess.com now.........

Doug

I am not sure about buying them through room service but we did get them free as part of our suite and we’re able to switch them out for other options. This means the have them onboard. Also, they sell bottles of liquor in the duty free store. Not sure if this helps 🤷‍♀️

22 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I didn't know that you could use the large white screens to bring up what you have bookmarked, so I might try this. We're generally "old school" so on past cruises we've used a highlighter to mark things on the Patter that we were interested in and carried the paper Patter with us on the ship. 

20 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

As for now, you won't need reservations, thus I believe they changed the wording on the app from 'reserve' to 'bookmark'.  People tended to reserve everything they might want to do and you couldn't reserve it once it was filled up.  Then, people would just not show up to the events they reserved and others that didn't have a reservation tended not to go because they wouldn't be allowed in.  

Now, when you go into Journeyview, click on the event that you may want to attend, then, click on Bookmark and then click on ok.  You should see the number of guests bookmarking it update on the screen. You can also 'cancel bookmark' by tapping on the event again. 

At the bottom of the screen, you can pull up ALL or MY EVENTS.  What is nice is that if you don't have your phone or tablet with you, you can use one of the large screens throughout the ship and it will pick up on your medallion device.  You can go to MY EVENTS on these digital screens and it will also pull up your bookmarked events as well as where they are and even directions on how to get there from where you are.  

It's really just like a highlighted paper patter without wasting paper.  

The large digital screens may also have a surprise for you if you are celebrating a special occasion.  It really is kind of special!!  I love the medallion's and app's capabilities .. others may not have the same opinion.  

At home, I am really not a phone person at all.  As a matter of fact, my phone might be dead for a couple of weeks and I won't even notice.  But, my neighbor gave me a leather phone case with a shoulder strap ... wow!!  I'd never leave the room without it.  I still don't use it at home but it was second nature for me to strap it like a cross body bag on me while on a cruise.  It was very handy as I love to take photos and always had my phone handy to do so if I ran into anything I wanted to take a picture of while out and about.  

Cruise Raider, you are a fountain of information. I still hope to get more things entered on the MedallionClass app that have not worked so far (Passport info, arrival time at terminal, etc). Our cruise isn't until Jan 2022 so I have time to try, try again. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 6:00 AM, cruzmore99 said:

I didn't know that you could use the large white screens to bring up what you have bookmarked, so I might try this. We're generally "old school" so on past cruises we've used a highlighter to mark things on the Patter that we were interested in and carried the paper Patter with us on the ship. 

I didn't realize it either until our latest cruise when our names came up on the large digital screen one day as were in the stairwell.  I have to admit, we are kind of old school as well and never ever thought I would be a such a fan of the medallion class but with this new technology, it just makes everything so very easy.  

• Like 3

• 4 months later...