Perfect Day on CocoCay

cruz040864

We are in our 60s and found alot of quiet sections on the beach. We stayed at Chill Island.. Just follow the signs to that section.. We got a nice spot under an umbrella and didn't hear any loud music at all. It's definitely worth getting off the ship. Don't miss CocoCay.  It's beautiful 

Edited by lauren0309
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, cruz040864 said:

Are any of the beaches on CocoCay music and rowdy free?   Hubby and I want quiet and relaxation.  Are we able to find that on PDCC or should we stay on the ship?  Thank you for your responses.   

We always sit at Chill Beach.  Pretty quiet as a rule, we just relax on our loungers and watch the water and people watch.  But never any loud music or rowdiness on that beach and have been going there for years.

• Like 1

I think CocoCay is one of the best beach days! If you hop on the tram (they have a stop directly outside of the ship-so you don't need to walk in the hot sun) you can ride around the Island to get the lay of the land. The staff on the Island are very friendly and will be happy to answer questions.

I have to agree Chill Beach is great. CocoCay I have found to be family friendly and have enjoyed the included BBQ lunch.

I hope you get off of the ship and find it to be as an relaxing enjoyable a day as I have 🙂

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TLG40 said:

I think CocoCay is one of the best beach days! If you hop on the tram (they have a stop directly outside of the ship-so you don't need to walk in the hot sun) you can ride around the Island to get the lay of the land. The staff on the Island are very friendly and will be happy to answer questions.

I have to agree Chill Beach is great. CocoCay I have found to be family friendly and have enjoyed the included BBQ lunch.

I hope you get off of the ship and find it to be as an relaxing enjoyable a day as I have 🙂

Totally agree with you, have been there 50+ times and never get tired of it.  Amazing beach day and a good beach buffet.

• Like 1

We went to chill beach across the buffet (not near the volleyball area). It was pretty quiet and close to food and drink. 

I heard that south beach is reopening (it has been a crew beach during the restart) and that is out of the way. It is a ways if you want a full lunch. 

• Like 1

It is good to hear that it is possible to find an unspoiled beach to relax on at CocoCay. It's hard to believe, but our first visit to CocoCay in 1994, there was nothing but a quiet island and beaches. We did yoga on one of them. There was a hiking trail that you nearly had to bushwhack to get to the other side of the island. It was similar to MSC's excellent Ocean Cay which we enjoy now.

Since our January cruise lists Labadee as a stop, it is likely we will do CocoCay instead. So again, good to know there are places that it resembles a cay and not an amusement park.

• Like 1

We are on the Oasis now and did Coco Cay yesterday for the first time.  Chill Beach was very nice except it was very windy and they didn't let us open the umbrellas for shade so it was too sunny.  Later we switched to the pool and it was too noisy and too many kids.  But on the whole we had a good time.

My husband and I are on the Mariner on Nov 30th.  Our trip includes a day at Cococay.  It will be our first time at Perfect Day.  My husband uses a scooter and we are trying to get information to help us decide how to plan for the day.  He cannot walk through sand and he cannot tolerate too much sun.  I understand there is a tram that can take us to the different areas, but once we get there (where ever there happens to be) will there be easily accessible lounge chairs with umbrellas available or do we need a cabana/beach bed.  Also which area would provide the easiest access to bathrooms, eating venues and swimming?  Are the beach chairs the kind that can go into the water, or should we just plan on using the pool to cool off?  Any insights or tips on Cococay would be very helpful.

On 10/21/2021 at 4:25 PM, lauren0309 said:

We are in our 60s and found alot of quiet sections on the beach. We stayed at Chill Island.. Just follow the signs to that section.. We got a nice spot under an umbrella and didn't hear any loud music at all. It's definitely worth getting off the ship. Don't miss CocoCay.  It's beautiful 

Other than by the bar at the pool, we found most of Coco Cay to be quiet and relaxing.  We did not venture into any of the pay areas at all, including the water park.  I think it is a fantastic port day.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:01 PM, publicpersona said:

Since our January cruise lists Labadee as a stop, it is likely we will do CocoCay instead. So again, good to know there are places that it resembles a cay and not an amusement park.

Do not count on going to CocoCay instead of Labadee.  That would be great for you if it happened, but a lot of ships seem to have been given Nassau or an extra day at sea.  Not every ship can go to CocoCay given how many ships they have operating.

We find the pool to be very noisy (we were on one cruise, and it was like a frat party in the pool)  but the beaches are wonderful.

However, on our last two stops to Coco Cay, there were some guests seated close to us that used a portable speaker for their music. I found it selfish and annoying.   What makes people think I want to hear their music blasting in my ear!    We wanted to speak to someone to ask the passenger to stop the music, but we didn’t know who to speak to.  I don’t want to confront another passenger.   Both times, some other guests said something to those with the loudspeaker, and the music was in one case turned down and in the other turned off.   (A little off topic, but we run into the same music speaker  situation more and more  by the pool on the ship and on the balcony)   

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 6:01 PM, publicpersona said:

It is good to hear that it is possible to find an unspoiled beach to relax on at CocoCay. It's hard to believe, but our first visit to CocoCay in 1994, there was nothing but a quiet island and beaches. We did yoga on one of them. There was a hiking trail that you nearly had to bushwhack to get to the other side of the island. It was similar to MSC's excellent Ocean Cay which we enjoy now.

Our cancelled Labadee (and Falmouth) stop was changed to  Costa Maya and Cozumel for an October Allure.    We have Labadee scheduled for a Jan 9 Harmony but  I have not heard the changes yet. Are you scheduled for the same sailing?  

m

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We have Labadee scheduled for a Jan 9 Harmony but  I have not heard the changes yet. Are you scheduled for the same sailing?  

No, we're on Jan 15 Jewel which is an eastern Caribbean itinerary. I was hoping for CocoCay as the substitute, but realize it is quite possible to be Nassau.

6 hours ago, publicpersona said:

No, we're on Jan 15 Jewel which is an eastern Caribbean itinerary. I was hoping for CocoCay as the substitute, but realize it is quite possible to be Nassau.

Our Jan 3 stop at Labadee has been cancelled and the itinerary modified for a replacement stop in St. Thomas.

37 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Occasional random fish.  

No large schools or large varieties of fish.  

Which beach - Chill or South - for the best possible snorkeling, realizing it isn't great.

Also, where are the lockers so we can store our junk while we're in the water.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Which beach - Chill or South - for the best possible snorkeling, realizing it isn't great.

Also, where are the lockers so we can store our junk while we're in the water.

I've never done South Beach -- not sure if it has the rocks on the side (had been closed for construction the past couple years).  

Chill and Breezy both have rocks on the sides -- that's where you'll see any fish, in the protection of the boulders.

I've never bothered with a locker.  I don't take anything more valuable than my phone for taking photos and a couple small bills for tips, and I just put that in my bag and leave it on my chair with my towel and sunscreen.