ANOTHER (just what you wanted) Mardi Gras LIVE 11/06-11/13

MeganGC1983

We have issues. Our excursion is scheduled to leave at 9:15. It’s a carnival tour. Gangway doesn’t open til 9:30. They aren’t letting anyone out on 3. Our tickets say to meet there at 9. That isn’t going to happen. They told us on 3 that the bubble tour people leave first. Then we can leave at mid 3. The funstaff member we talked to said our excursion shouldn’t have the time it has. I feel too sober for all this. 😆

Anyhow, the Bubble Tours meet in Punchliners, if anyone was wondering. And there is a lounge full of them. 

399AEEE6-B1F3-43AC-A560-7436C430B6FE.png

287987C7-AF54-445A-BBDD-488C0D045D8E.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We have issues. Our excursion is scheduled to leave at 9:15. It’s a carnival tour. Gangway doesn’t open til 9:30. They aren’t letting anyone out on 3. Our tickets say to meet there at 9. That isn’t going to happen. They told us on 3 that the bubble tour people leave first. Then we can leave at mid 3. The funstaff member we talked to said our excursion shouldn’t have the time it has. I feel too sober for all this. 😆

Anyhow, the Bubble Tours meet in Punchliners, if anyone was wondering. And there is a lounge full of them. 

Carnival excursion isn't going to leave without you especially if it's Carnival's fault. In GC we waited for 30-45 minutes for people who were late because they were eating breakfast when they were supposed to be meeting the tour.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

399AEEE6-B1F3-43AC-A560-7436C430B6FE.png

287987C7-AF54-445A-BBDD-488C0D045D8E.jpeg

Considering the circumstances, Punchliner seems the  perfect venue for tour gatherings

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Sooo while we were at P&A, there was a “survey”. The hostess came up, ask me my name and room number and the only survey question was IF we had been to Emeril’s yet. We haven’t. Want to, just haven’t got there yet. Hope they will just promote it more. 

70BBD168-6767-407A-8E94-67F852342D36.jpeg

I can't believe they don't have it open late, you know, when all the other food is gone and the drunchies are running around looking for a fix. Because all the rest of the time there are too many other free options available.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Sooo while we were at P&A, there was a “survey”. The hostess came up, ask me my name and room number and the only survey question was IF we had been to Emeril’s yet. We haven’t. Want to, just haven’t got there yet. Hope they will just promote it more. 

70BBD168-6767-407A-8E94-67F852342D36.jpeg

From what I have read and seen on YouTube, it seems like the food is good, but most of the time the place is dead.  Could be a casualty when the Celebration comes out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

From what I have read and seen on YouTube, it seems like the food is good, but most of the time the place is dead.  Could be a casualty when the Celebration comes out.

With Emeril coming they probably need to generate more interest. Oh please be free for me next week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I wouldn't expect Emeril's to be on Celebration. Maybe it will be but I thought they just had it because it's in the French Quarter section of Mardi Gras. I would think Celebration would have a different theme and different venues.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Last week it seemed that Emeril's was somewhat busy in the morning but pretty much empty after that.  We had the shrimp and grits 🦐 and it was excellent !!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alliecat1970 said:

how do u book Emeril's?  Not in my planner to pre book is it a free meal?  Thans Janet

You just walk up to the counter and order. They give you a number. You pick a table. The bring the food out to your table. I ate there three times.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, balcony bound said:

I'll be interested to know how the water temperature is when you get to that snorkel tour:)

I'm on MG with the same itinerary December 4.  Got to say I'm used to warm water and reconsidering some of my plans!

It was good. The sun was hot… 88 today and water felt amazing. 

• Like 1