Odd situation. Tips on booking? Med Cruise, June 2022

gidget19

My family was going to book a 21 day Med cruise for next summer.  It's on the Regal Princess, and the ship basically goes in a circle most of the summer, with cruisers choosing to book for 7, 14 or 21 days.  Once you've been on the ship for 21 days, you'd have done the whole loop of ports. 

Because of a work "opportunity," my husband will now join us after the first week, meaning he'll essentially do the 14 day version of the cruise while the rest of us will do the 21 day version (we'll get on in Barcelona, and he'll join us and board in Rome).

Has anyone done something like this before?  Ideally, we'd like to add him as a 3rd guest in one of the staterooms starting when the "14 day" version of the cruise begins.  I assume we could also book him a stateroom on the 14 day version (easiest answer, but most expensive) or book him for the 21 day itinerary but have him join on day 7 (not sure if this is allowed?).  

Any help/thoughts/other ideas would be great!  

You will most likely either A) need to book his own room for the 14 day segment or B) to have him share with others rebook the others as two separate cruises b2b - one as a 14 day with him in the room and the other as the remaining 7 day segment without him.   Booking as 2 cruises may mean original room # will not be available and the room #s held aside for 7 day vs 14 day segements may be different requiring a room move mid trip for the others

I recommend pricing out The rest of you doing a seven day cruise followed by all of you doing the 14 day cruise. That would be the safest bet that could possibly save you some money over you guys booking the 21 day cruise and him having to book the 14 day cruise in a separate cabin. I do think it’s too risky for him to book the 21 day cruise and show up a week late. It was already risky before the pandemic, and now with the pandemic, it seems entirely too risky.

I'd also look at 3 x 7-night bookings - just check that the same cabin of the type you want is available on all three weekly voyages.  If bookings have been going well, it might be tricky now and IDK the cabin specifics you want.  Some flexibility will help.

We booked REGAL for three separate voyages in October - doing similar trips to you.  It was better to book them all separately.

If you booked as a 21 day cruise you can’t add him to just a portion of the booking. Your choices are book him in his own cabin for the 14 days he is joining you ( most expensive option),  book as three separate 7 day segments, or book a seven day and a 14 day. 

• Like 2