Booster shot timing

Ocean Cat

I just on board Liberty of the Seas.  I had my booster on Tuesday and it WAS NOT AN ISSUE.  The woman checking me in even commented I already got my third shot.

They have a flow chart they look over to verify everything is correct and send you to the metal detector line.

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 2:08 PM, 3kidsncats said:

I have this same concern — I will hit six months after my booster shot (got it yesterday, and OMG, what a miserable night since I opted not to take any OTC on the off chance that there is a negative effect on the efficacy) about a week after we leave for a month of travel to Europe.  Since I seem to have a strong reaction each time I’ve gotten the vaccine, I really don’t want to get another 6 month booster concurrent with my trip.  But who knows by then if the countries we will be visiting will require it.  If I had been thinking, I would have put off the booster for a month 😜

I’m not sure six months is a hard and fast rule🤷‍♀️.  The suggestion has been made that you should not get a booster until AT LEAST six months from your initial vaccination not that it must BE six months between.  

On 10/31/2021 at 2:28 PM, poocher said:

I’m not sure six months is a hard and fast rule🤷‍♀️.  The suggestion has been made that you should not get a booster until AT LEAST six months from your initial vaccination not that it must BE six months between.  

Yes, but since I have some underlying health issues, I’m leaning more towards no “gap”.  But the vaccine I received seems to be lasting longer, efficacy wise, so you are most likely correct, and it will be fine for me the get it after the trip

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 5:28 PM, poocher said:

Very well aware there is no specific guidance yet for future boosters other than speculation by the experts…hence my wondering out loud and trying to “guess” on timing to hope for as much protection as possible during travel.  Not stressing about it but just trying to make it work in my favor if I can. 

• Like 1

We (3) got our booster shots on Monday and are getting our pre cruise tests tomorrow for our Saturday cruise.  We decided to believe the facts that say that the booster shot will not cause us to test positive.  If any of us do test +, we would have without taking the booster.  We are all going with the glass half full (of negative results!)