Oceania Suite question

sbsmutoni

Hi all.  We are new to cruising with "O", but are scheduled to travel on the Marina on November 9th.  We are in an Oceania Suite, and according to the information from our TA, the cabin comes with six bottles of liquor or wine.  My question is, when will we have an opportunity to request what we want those six bottles to be?

We often sail in suites on other lines, and have had this benefit, and usually we receive information in advance of the cruise to contact the butler with any requests we have in advance.  We have not received a package of any kind (including luggage tags and such, which I understood we should get....maybe it's too soon?), or an email with that kind of information.

If anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it. 

Meanwhile, we are super excited for this cruise.....partly because we really think we are going to love Oceania, and partly because we have waited way too long to go somewhere!!

Unlike Seabourn, who asks you in advance what liquor you want in your cabin, Oceania doesn't do that.  Just see what they put in there, if anything, and tell the butler to swap it out for what you prefer once on board.

Yeeeaahhh... the luggage tags.  I'm joining up with Marina on 11/2 and JUST got my blue book/tags by mail yesterday.  36 hours before we are to leave.  Thank heaven they didn't mail them to our TA to send to us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sbsmutoni said:

My question is, when will we have an opportunity to request what we want those six bottles to be?

We always have our TA request the current list of in-suite spirits - which is different than the those that can be gifted by family & friends.  We review the list, let our TA know which ones we want, and - thanks to excellent butlers & ass't butlers - they're sitting on the bar when we arrive in our suite.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

We always have our TA request the current list of in-suite spirits - which is different than the those that can be gifted by family & friends.  We review the list, let our TA know which ones we want, and - thanks to excellent butlers & ass't butlers - they're sitting on the bar when we arrive in our suite.

that has always been our experience....our choices from the current in-suite beverage list waiting for us on the bar!  
Our fabulous TA takes care of it before we sail. She also arranges for any special requests to stock our refrigerator (ginger beer and Pepsi!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Unlike Seabourn, who asks you in advance what liquor you want in your cabin, Oceania doesn't do that.  Just see what they put in there, if anything, and tell the butler to swap it out for what you prefer once on board.

Yeeeaahhh... the luggage tags.  I'm joining up with Marina on 11/2 and JUST got my blue book/tags by mail yesterday.  36 hours before we are to leave.  Thank heaven they didn't mail them to our TA to send to us.

Thanks for the information.....be safe and enjoy your cruise!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

That's great to know.  I will contact my TA.  We can certainly go to a bar, but we were thinking it would be nice to make a cocktail in our suite and enjoy the sailaway from our balcony!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sbsmutoni said:

That's great to know.  I will contact my TA.  We can certainly go to a bar, but we were thinking it would be nice to make a cocktail in our suite and enjoy the sailaway from our balcony!

I believe they are talking about the bar in your suite.....

Just now, basor said:

I believe they are talking about the bar in your suite.....

Oh yeah....I thought they meant the bar in my cabin.....I was just saying that if the bar in our cabin is not set up when we are ready to sailaway, we could go to an actual bar.  Haha....sorry if I was confusing!

9 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Kate - have a great cruise and please let us know how the “new” Marina, staff and. food compare to the past.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Were they in your suite when you arrived this time?  Any info you care to share, we are all ears🙂

On 10/26/2021 at 6:55 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Were they in your suite when you arrived this time?  Any info you care to share, we are all ears🙂

Almost everything was there, as planned.  The only exception was a brandy that wasn't available at the time of embarkation, so they substituted with a better one.  They also offered to bring up a copy of the spirits list so we could choose something else, if we preferred.  

• Like 1

We are just off Riviera and were in a Oceania suite. We were not able to choose wine/spirits in advance. I tried. They had a generic bar set up when we got there which we could keep or choose to swap out. We swapped.

Any other questions about the suite please let me know as it’s all fresh in my mind. Overall, it was heavenly! 

4 hours ago, clairol said:

We are just off Riviera and were in a Oceania suite. We were not able to choose wine/spirits in advance. I tried. They had a generic bar set up when we got there which we could keep or choose to swap out. We swapped.

Any other questions about the suite please let me know as it’s all fresh in my mind. Overall, it was heavenly! 

Thank you for the information….we’ll just evaluate and determine how to proceed.  I assume your butler handled the swapping for you?

we are really looking forward to the stay in the Oceania suite!

On 10/26/2021 at 8:22 AM, Kate-AHF said:

Had you not received the luggage tags, what would have happened at the port?

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Had you not received the luggage tags, what would have happened at the port?

in the past  the Porters at the dock will have some & hand write your cabin number/name on the blank tags

Hello to this group , we have never sailed with Oceania before and looking to book a suite . We normally sail larger lines with mini suite option 

any recommendations on suites , my budget won’t stretch to the top end , and what perks do you get with a suite 

your help would be most appreciated 

1 hour ago, FRED64 said:

Hello to this group , we have never sailed with Oceania before and looking to book a suite . We normally sail larger lines with mini suite option 

any recommendations on suites , my budget won’t stretch to the top end , and what perks do you get with a suite 

Take a look at what Oceania includes in the basic fare for all cabins – you may find most of the things you upgrade for already included.  One reason Oceania often prices out cheaper than 'mass market' cruise lines is that you can safely book the cheapest cabin that fits your size/location standards.

2 hours ago, FRED64 said:

If you click on the cabin cat on the cruise you are interested in it will give you all the perks for that Cat

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/suites-and-staterooms

B to G  get less

A cat  get more perks

PH get  even more perks &  butler service

Top suites  like OS OC Vista  get the most perks with butler service

Just depends on what works best for you & your budget

Enjoy

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If you click on the cabin cat on the cruise you are interested in it will give you all the perks for that Cat

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/suites-and-staterooms

B to G  get less

A cat  get more perks

PH get  even more perks &  butler service

Top suites  like OS OC Vista  get the most perks with butler service

Just depends on what works best for you & your budget

Enjoy

You also get extra perks that aren’t printed in the better suites, you just need to ask.

3 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

You also get extra perks that aren’t printed in the better suites, you just need to ask.

Never had a suite or Butler , we have only booked mini suite before on larger ships . Celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, husband Garry has a terminal illness so really want to make it as special as we can afford 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:30 PM, i love to fly said:

So, if you were going to arrive in Venice a couple days earlier than the 9th where would you test? They only want 72 hours before boarding! We are arriving in Venice on the 8th so will test here before going to the airport on the 7th. Test on the 6th. I was told by eric Oceania would transport people staying at the Hilton molino stucky hotel in Venice that Oceania would provide transportation from that hotel to Trieste at their expense because that is the hotel they originally recommended. Anyone else staying here before the cruise? We are going to do the private boat taxi from the Marco Polo airport to the Hilton hotel. Our flight arrives at about 2pm.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, Grandants said:

Anyone on the November 9 Marina who has independent air arrangements and staying in

Venice on the 8th that is interested in sharing transportation to Trieste, Please let me know.

It turns out that Oceania provides transportation only for their own air reservation customers and

has no plan to help independent travelers. NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY AT ALL AND THE WEBSITE

DOES NOT BEGIN TO MEASURE UP.

7 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

This is our first “O” cruise and we’re sailing in an Oceania Suite….anything you are thinking I should consider that is not listed in the brochure?

On 10/29/2021 at 1:46 AM, clairol said:

What was the generic set up and were you able to sway some spirits for bottles of wine?  I believe we can swap some for wine but my recollection is that the wine choices weren't very extensive.