Seashore and Meraviglia cabins wiped out

alyssamma

31 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Went to check and lo and behold MSC wiped my Seashore cabins. Called in and got the "CDC" crap about distancing. Was told it was for Mera and Seashore sailings.

So, if you have any of those coming up, better check...

They booted me onto another ship and changed itinerary (Mediterranean October). So, I gave them the boot. 😒

• Like 2

BTW, as the OP, I didn't mean for this thread to be a rant against MSC. I meant it to be an FYI for people to be aware and to try and get them back.

While I'm (obviously) not happy, I'm not canceling, and just going to focus on the positives (e.g., itinerary slightly better and hopefully I will get OBC for the change).

I like to be on deck 16 in YC, but worst case, I'm still in the YC, so I can't complain too much.

• Like 2

I'm booked on both ships and so far, nothing bad/unexpected. There is still time for things to get messed up, however.

In fact, it's been a while since MSC has done anything wrong to me. Now, I'm starting to worry.

If my FCC is somehow lost, I'll just commandeer Seashore when it gets to Miami. 👍

Who else (besides Stockjock) can I recruit?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952582e4204a323cc1952

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I'm booked on both ships and so far, nothing bad/unexpected. There is still time for things to get messed up, however.

In fact, it's been a while since MSC has done anything wrong to me. Now, I'm starting to worry.

If my FCC is somehow lost, I'll just commandeer Seashore when it gets to Miami. 👍

Who else (besides Stockjock) can I recruit?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952582e4204a323cc1952

What are your sailings?

And to confirm, no itinerary changes or loss of cabin?

12 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

BTW, as the OP, I didn't mean for this thread to be a rant against MSC. I meant it to be an FYI for people to be aware and to try and get them back.

While I'm (obviously) not happy, I'm not canceling, and just going to focus on the positives (e.g., itinerary slightly better and hopefully I will get OBC for the change).

I like to be on deck 16 in YC, but worst case, I'm still in the YC, so I can't complain too much.

We are doing a B2B in YC. We had one week go to guarantee. When I called, was told cabin was for 4 and we are only 2.  Total crap. Most YC cabins are booked by couples. I explained we are on B2B and needed to get back original cabin since we had both booked . Hold then, OK, got it back.
 I have noticed that deck 16 does not show available for both cruises.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

What are your sailings?

And to confirm, no itinerary changes or loss of cabin?

Our Meraviglia sailing next month…

itinerary has changed 5 times…lost ports . Ended up with Ocean cay ( 2 days),Ocho  Rios and Nassau.  Cabin lost twice and retrieved. ( only because of CC alert). 
I agree, just go with it.   focus on getting onboard and enjoying the privilege of cruising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyInVan said:

They booted me onto another ship and changed itinerary (Mediterranean October). So, I gave them the boot. 😒

Our Mediterranean cruise next year got changed.  No notice from MSC- RollCall alert.
Different ship, different date, different embarkation  and 14 day to 7 day.

( they want same fare) Cabin now guarantee YC.  I am letting this one sit, for now. Waiting for better itinerary to come on next year.

The Cruise we are on next month went from 15 day Meraviglia, Nov 13. To

Seashore- 7 day Nov 20. Same fare.   
15 day Meraviglia gone  on MSC .

1 week later, 15 day Meraviglia back on,  Nov 13. Much higher fares.

we booked it as 2 cruises and saved.

Moral of story- be prepared for change and figure out what works for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

It's all decks apparently, but we are in YC.

Oh wow that’s very interesting. I wonder if someone chartered one deck of the YC?

So are you now a guarantee or did they just move you to another room in the YC?

34 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Oh wow that’s very interesting. I wonder if someone chartered one deck of the YC?

So are you now a guarantee or did they just move you to another room in the YC?

I don't believe it is a charter because it is affecting multiple sailings. And if you try to book now it just shows sold out. I believe it is a CDC "distancing" thing...or at least it is whatever MSC means when they say that.

I an GTY for now...

• Like 1

We are on the 12/4 sailing of the Seashore.  We are in the Yacht Club and I have checked my booking regularly and has always had the same room until this morning.  I checked and we were moved down 3 rooms.   I called and was told that It is due to capacity limits on the sailing in Nov - Jan due to the Sail order.  They closed the cruise to new bookings and as she put it "Even out the Ship"   She said they would not be at full capacity and needed to level the ship.  

No communication from MSC on this move, I happened to notice it.  I understand the Covid related changes.  I get that we are traveling during a pandemic but as a business I would expect some sort of communication if they changed your room.  

Edited by Paphillyguy
  • Like 3

Also, on the 12/4 Seashore the Cayman Island stop was dropped because they are not allowing Ships until 2022.  It is for now a sea day.  I was hoping they would rearrange to get 2 days at Ocean Cay but looks like it is not.  I was also hoping they would move the departure from Ocean Cay to 10 pm from 6 pm.  That has not changed.  

20 minutes ago, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

Just looked at our cabin for Feb/March b2b and shows us as a guarantee and I am not happy! Picked our cabin specifically.   I called MSC and was told by CS that corporate said they are having to rearrange rooms due to covid and not being able to run at 100% capacity. Was told we would be put in the same type of cabin when reassigned and if not to call back and they would take care of it.  We shall see.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just looked at our cabin for Feb/March b2b and shows us as a guarantee and I am not happy! Picked our cabin specifically.   I called MSC and was told by CS that corporate said they are having to rearrange rooms due to covid and not being able to run at 100% capacity. Was told we would be put in the same type of cabin when reassigned and if not to call back and they would take care of it.  We shall see.

I called 2x and got the same answer...so that must mean there is *some* truth to it.

I won't be happy not being on 16 near Top Sail, but that is really because I need a short walk back to my room when drunk at the end of the night 🙂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Read this thread and decided to check my Cabins - February on Mera still Cabin I chose - April on Seashore now "guarantee," not happy, called MSC, told 'sorry it has to do with reduced sailings,' agent did not know when Cabin would be assigned - September on Divina still Cabin I chose. So not happy about April and who knows what will happen in the next few months. But MSC has already taken everyone's April (and maybe other months as well) choice away only to be guaranteed something. I too very carefully choose the Cabin I want, I booked really far out, so am not happy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

I called and was told that It is due to capacity limits on the sailing in Nov - Jan due to the Sail order.  They closed the cruise to new bookings and as she put it "Even out the Ship"   She said they would not be at full capacity and needed to level the ship.  

This seems fishy to me. We just got off Divina We were told that there was only about 80 people in YC.  All the cabins around us were full no spacing. They also told us for Salsa cruise YC would be at Capacity 

19 minutes ago, kidless said:

This seems fishy to me. We just got off Divina We were told that there was only about 80 people in YC.  All the cabins around us were full no spacing. They also told us for Salsa cruise YC would be at Capacity 

Who knows with MSC. However, I will say that Europeans will be able to sail now so YC will prob be fuller...

• Like 1

I just checked my B2B (1 booking number) cruise on 12-18-2021 MSC Seashore from Miami to Mexico and Caribbean..

• Yacht Club stateroom changed from confirmed cabin number to  ->> Guarantee

I am very picky when it comes to stateroom selection.. deck and location..

• Itinerary changed ->> replaced Amalie, Virgin Islands with ->> Ocean Cay

.. very disappointing .. 👎

Edited by SirWolf
  • Like 1