Seashore and Meraviglia cabins wiped out

alyssamma

MSC moved us out of our deck 19 YC cabin on the Seashore.  My TA jumped on it and we were assigned a new cabin on deck 18.  The reason (from our TA) -- "too much noise from moving deck chairs above on the pool deck".  I'm ok with the move, as we wanted deck 16 or 18 originally.  

Enjoy!

Kel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

You will have to be reassignd an H cabin.  We won’t as we don’t “need” one.  It just happened that there was one available when we booked, on the basis that we could be moved if it was required.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

They did the same to us for the same week as you.  Left it for the first week.  They did that even after I showed them that the Needs form was sent in, and that they acknowledged receipt of the email.  I think it is worse than David has said.  In this case, the left hand doesn't even know what the left hand is doing, let alone concern itself with the right!

I really am not sure what is going on at all.  I am curious as to why all of the Seashore has been assigned as guarantee cabins now up to March 12th.  We looked at the cruise after ours and you can pick a cabin on that cruise and the ones after.  We are looking at the Meraviglia for the same times maybe since you can pick a cabin on that ship for the same dates.  I think there might be more going on than they are saying.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, titangas said:

They have not wiped out very room on every sailing for the winter

My cabin on the Seashore for 12/18 sailing is still intact.

Have you checked online the room status recently ? I noticed last Friday the change of my confirmed Yacht Club stateroom from specific cabin number to Guarantee. Which Experience did you book ?

8 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I really am not sure what is going on at all.  I am curious as to why all of the Seashore has been assigned as guarantee cabins now up to March 12th.  We looked at the cruise after ours and you can pick a cabin on that cruise and the ones after.  We are looking at the Meraviglia for the same times maybe since you can pick a cabin on that ship for the same dates.  I think there might be more going on than they are saying.

It's past March 12th...we are on April 16th and it happened to us.

So, even though I started this thread for the purpose of just an FYI to others, and had no intention of changing, I've decided to throw in the towel. I'm still fighting with MSC to get credit for the August Meraviglia cruise and I just don't have the strength to deal with this too.

Plus, even if it gets "fixed", I have zero faith they won't do this again.

Coupled with the "salsa" cruise fiasco, I don't think MSC understands how to properly operate in this pandemic.

While other cruise lines (and airlines) have had similar customer service problems, I've always been able to *talk* to someone and get it fixed. With MSC, half the time you have to email someone and they may or may not respond...it's just too much.

RCCL has the Symphony of the Seas sailing the same dates and departure port and I just went ahead and booked that last night.

Once covid is over and sailing has returned to normal, I'll be back on MSC, but for now, it is just too stressful and that is the opposite of what a vacation should be.

• Like 7

Something that’s not being discussed here is the fact that, if you book a guarantee cabin with other cruise lines, you get it at a discounted rate.  MSC is arbitrarily making everyone‘a booking a guarantee, though charging the full rate for being able to choose your cabin. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Something that’s not being discussed here is the fact that, if you book a guarantee cabin with other cruise lines, you get it at a discounted rate.  MSC is arbitrarily making everyone‘a booking a guarantee, though charging the full rate for being able to choose your cabin. 

LOL, that shows you how MSC has messed with our minds. You are 100% right, but no one has thought of that.

It reminds me of a passage from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

“In other words - and this is the rock-solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's Galaxywide success is founded - their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws.”

• Like 1

May I jump in and report that it just happened to me too? Like seriously just right now! I am in a YC interior on the SeaSIDE and embark literally next Sunday in Marsaille. The 7th of November! My confirmed cabin was just changed to Guarantee for that booking. I am a bid mad now because I already printed everything and stuff… but hey… as long as I am not canceled I am fine…

It seems to me that it’s on all ships now…

I have NOT bid on an upgrade so I don’t think that’s the reason… but now I kind of hope that I get a visit from the upgrade fairy…

who knows? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

That is a very fair point, certainly overlooked by me, especially as YC cabins are always priced at full rate!

Hey Gang,

I have a new concern.  Because our cabin was shifted from an assigned cabin on deck 19 (YC) to a guarantee status, and then I contacted my TA and he was able to get us a new assigned cabin on deck 18,

will there be someone that was scheduled to be in our new cabin, and now they are kicked out into the shuffle?  I would feel bad if I took away someone's booked cabin. 🤭

Kel

23 minutes ago, hamrag said:

That is a very fair point, certainly overlooked by me, especially as YC cabins are always priced at full rate!

My TA called when my guarantee cabin ( OV2, but I picked it for a very specific reason) got changed to a "guarantee", she was told it was because of COvid ( that seems to be their "catch-all excuse these days) and that I would receive a free upgrade to a balcony cabin.  Trouble is I don't want a balcony.  I am cruising with extended family and plan on "babysitting" my great nieces several nights so the parents can have a few date nights.  Thats why I chose the OV and wanted the fantastica experience.  Guess we will see....

I’m cruising Nov 20th and my room 19010 got moved to 19006.   I don’t like the new room as it is the first room from the front.   This is on the Seashore.   I called and they said it was because of Covid.   I just laughed and said your company is full of crap.   We asked about canceling (we wouldn’t of course) and they said no.   This after they took my 2 FCC’S and refunded me without my consent.  I had to cancel my second cruise because now it’s too expensive.  This was suppose to be a B2B.  Needless to say I will probably go back to Celebrity and never try to switch lines again.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, riredsox said:

I’m cruising Nov 20th and my room 19010 got moved to 19006.   I don’t like the new room as it is the first room from the front.   This is on the Seashore.   I called and they said it was because of Covid.   I just laughed and said your company is full of crap.   We asked about canceling (we wouldn’t of course) and they said no.   This after they took my 2 FCC’S and refunded me without my consent.  I had to cancel my second cruise because now it’s too expensive.  This was suppose to be a B2B.  Needless to say I will probably go back to Celebrity and never try to switch lines again.  

I think 19006 is similar to 19010.. the first stateroom from the front is Owner’s Suite. At least you have a assigned stateroom.. I was booted from my confirmed stateroom to Guarantee on 12-18-2021 Seashore.

3 hours ago, riredsox said:

Tell them when you get onboard you are going to check cabin 19010 and if it's occupied the hotel director is going to have some very uncomfortable moments.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KyleClark said:

Tell them when you get onboard you are going to check cabin 19010 and if it's occupied the hotel director is going to have some very uncomfortable moments.  

My husband called and told them just that yesterday!

Just tried a mock booking for the Dec 4th sailing and they now have this when you try to pick your room

cruise-experience-fantastica-icon.pngWe are sorry but you cannot select your stateroom location.
Staterooms are offered on a 'guaranteed' basis. This means that we guarantee to accommodate you at the grade specified (or higher) but that the final allocation of a specific stateroom will be made by us. Your stateroom will be assigned approximately 4 days prior the date of sailing. Kindly note that in case of a guarantee stateroom booked for 4 or more passengers, you may be assigned 2 separate staterooms instead of a quadruple stateroom (with no price difference). In this case, the staterooms will be on the same Deck and same ship side, as close as possible to each other but without a connecting door.
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I thought this when I first heard of this.  

Just now, Paphillyguy said:

That was my first thought.  I know a few people that travel like this.  

MSC has totally lost the plot!   We’re giving Celebrity another go next September as we’re fed up to the back teeth with MSC’s nonsense. It’s breaking my heart because we had a ball on Seashore last week - our 24th MSC cruise. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

It still baffles me how a large cruise line can just not communicate to the traveler of the changes.  I get we are traveling in a pandemic and things happen.  What I do not understand is the no communication.  It really is not acceptable.  

Then you haven't been paying attention 🙂

This is MSC Customer Service 101. In fact, there are only 2 things to know when working for MSC...

1) As a rep, never communicate. If you are somehow forced to give an answer, ensure it contradicts what the previous rep said.

2) As an IT dev, make sure the customer gets at least one error for every two log in attempts. If you can keep the website down, or lose bookings, then you will get a bonus at the end of the year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3