Seashore and Meraviglia cabins wiped out

alyssamma

28 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

MSC has totally lost the plot!   We’re giving Celebrity another go next September as we’re fed up to the back teeth with MSC’s nonsense. It’s breaking my heart because we had a ball on Seashore last week - our 24th MSC cruise. 

Join the club. As mentioned above I canceled my upcoming 2 cruises and booked with RCCL. It pains me too because I love MSC once I'm aboard. I sailed the Mera in Oct and Aug and had an amazing time...it will definitely be missed.

But, I will be coming back post covid. I'm assuming they will be better then (and yes I know what happens when you assume 🙂 )

• Like 1

I wonder how many US TAs will drop MSC as a result of all this?!

I was speaking with a TA here, this morning, and was telling him about what’s happening.  He wasn’t aware, but he told me he’s stopped ‘pushing’ MSC lately. He made a strange, obscure, comment - that’s not easy to paraphrase - basically, about things not being “right” about MSC.  He made it sound likes there’s more going on with MSC than is known. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

MSC has totally lost the plot!   We’re giving Celebrity another go next September as we’re fed up to the back teeth with MSC’s nonsense. It’s breaking my heart because we had a ball on Seashore last week - our 24th MSC cruise. 

Uhh, I would love to know if MSC "forgets" this anniversary or sets up something special for you. My count is at 9 now, so ...

15 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Then you haven't been paying attention 🙂

This is MSC Customer Service 101. In fact, there are only 2 things to know when working for MSC...

1) As a rep, never communicate. If you are somehow forced to give an answer, ensure it contradicts what the previous rep said.

2) As an IT dev, make sure the customer gets at least one error for every two log in attempts. If you can keep the website down, or lose bookings, then you will get a bonus at the end of the year.

Touche! But without defending MSC, I think this is Italian corporate law from my experiences with Alitalia (Farewell!), Trenitalia and others.

My favorite glitch from the MSC website is that if a cabin category is not available you just need to add one child in your booking, then all the cabins are here to choose from. Just remove the child again, the cabins stay 😄 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Uhh, I would love to know if MSC "forgets" this anniversary or sets up something special for you. My count is at 9 now, so ...

This arrived over to our table one night, on our 22nd cruise:

E18DC975-7DFB-4B74-B73C-4EBA2A458B0B.thumb.jpeg.5e1333229a2462c4da22bc25d9a53d46.jpeg

I asked what it was for and was told it was for doing 10 MSC cruises.  I spoke with a Cruise Consultant on the subject on the next cruise, saying I was owed another cake (🤣) and she said she would arrange one.  I politely asked her not to.  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I wonder how many US TAs will drop MSC as a result of all this?!

I was speaking with a TA here, this morning, and was telling him about what’s happening.  He wasn’t aware, but he told me he’s stopped ‘pushing’ MSC lately. He made a strange, obscure, comment - that’s not easy to paraphrase - basically, about things not being “right” about MSC.  He made it sound likes there’s more going on with MSC than is known. 

Hi Beam! Hope you and DH are doing well. As we both know, two out of three of my preferred agencies have refused to sell MSC for nearly a decade so I often go with a brokerage co. I was doing a little digging to get onboard MSC over American Thanksgiving. I can do an 8 night Meraviglia in a balcony cabin for $389 US per person (balcony, 8 nights), but there were even fewer options of people willing to sell MSC than pre-covid. Very very strange.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

If anyone sees that their GTY status gets reassigned a cabin please post the deets here ASAP. Thank You!

Ay ay Captain! 6 days to embarkation but so far still homeless! Will report as soon as something happens! Otherwise I will sleep in the Champagne bar!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 10/31/2021 at 2:11 PM, bafinegan said:

My TA called when my guarantee cabin ( OV2, but I picked it for a very specific reason) got changed to a "guarantee", she was told it was because of COvid ( that seems to be their "catch-all excuse these days) and that I would receive a free upgrade to a balcony cabin.  Trouble is I don't want a balcony.  I am cruising with extended family and plan on "babysitting" my great nieces several nights so the parents can have a few date nights.  Thats why I chose the OV and wanted the fantastica experience.  Guess we will see....

you can babysit just as well in a balcony cabin. 🙂 And just enjoy the balcony when you are not babysitting. 🙂

There is no way they are upgrading all of us from inside to balcony. And as far as April!!!

• Like 1

I have JUST noticed that the itinerary AND schedule have changed as well, and nobody was informed!

We were arriving in San Juan at 5 pm and leaving at 1 am, and now we are scheduled to arrive at 10 am and leave at 5 pm. I like the new time better.

St Thomas has been replaced with Nassau. I guess I am ok with this, but holy moly, they are charging $82 for the Blue Lagoon excursion. I thought RCI's $50 pp was a lot, but worth it (we loved it!). But $82????? Nope.

Ocean Cay has moved from Day 2 to Day 7. Time changed from 7-4 to 8-10.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 11/1/2021 at 2:35 PM, BoundForSea said:

If anyone sees that their GTY status gets reassigned a cabin please post the deets here ASAP. Thank You!

Just got off the phone....

They say, and we know how that is, that the itinerary changes have affected the cabins but they are not lost. They will be restored to what you had. 

I called because I paid extra for Fantastica to choose a specific cabin. If I don't get to choose, than fantastica is useless and give me bella and refund $170 each.

We will see

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

They say, and we know how that is, that the itinerary changes have affected the cabins but they are not lost. They will be restored to what you had. 

I called because I paid extra for Fantastica to choose a specific cabin. If I don't get to choose, than fantastica is useless and give me bella and refund $170 each.

We will see

I 100% call BS on this. It makes ZERO sense and goes against what they said the *real* reason was: covid.

Plus, no offense, you just have the worst luck with MSC. That being said, in *this* case, you'll probably get your cabin back and we'll all lose ours!

4 minutes ago, alyssamma said:
11 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We selected our Bella cabin too.  Fantastica cabins are in supposedly more desirable locations. We like forward and aft, so Bella cabins work.

29 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We will see

I was told it was because they needed to "even out the ship"  Who knows

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I 100% call BS on this. It makes ZERO sense and goes against what they said the *real* reason was: covid.

Plus, no offense, you just have the worst luck with MSC. That being said, in *this* case, you'll probably get your cabin back and we'll all lose ours!

Or I will get cancelled 😃

• Haha 2

Okay I got nervous and called… I am sure MSC thinks I am retarded. 

I am not homeless anymore (for now <- that’s what the rep said! For now! Could loose it again!). I am now in cabin 18033 what is an accessible interior… not complaining! Don’t NEED a accessible and I am traveling solo but hey! Just MORE space for me to make a mess!

i think if I wouldn’t have called I would have gotten my cabin at embarcation the earliest…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itochen33 said:

I am not homeless anymore (for now <- that’s what the rep said! For now! Could loose it again!). I am now in cabin 18033 what is an accessible interior… not complaining! Don’t NEED a accessible and I am traveling solo but hey! Just MORE space for me to make a mess!

i think if I wouldn’t have called I would have gotten my cabin at embarcation the earliest…

That’s fantastic.  

It’ll be interesting to see if they re-instate our H cabin.  We don’t need one, either, but it was available at the time of booking. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Itochen33 said:

When are you sailing?

Greetings

We are on the 27 November Seashore sailing.  They already emailed me our tickets on 27 October with the boarding passes and luggage tags but since I was reading these post I checked our online info and found that we too are now shown as a guarantee stateroom.  If I hadn't been reading this blog I never would have known.

Could anyone that receives cabin info please report back.  I would like some king of idea as to when I should panic😱.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 2