Feb/Mar 2022 Final Payments now due 30 days prior to sailing

I just received this email:

Dear Guest,

As final payment for your upcoming cruise was getting closer, we’ve pushed the final payment date for all sailings departing through March 2022 to provide you with additional flexibility. Guests on sailings departing February 1, 2022 through March 31, 2022, will now have until 30 days prior to sailing to make their final payment. Our hope is that this gives you a little extra flexibility. No action is needed on your part, and cancellations will not occur until the new final payment date.

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon! 

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Another_Critic changed the title to Feb/Mar 2022 Final Payments now due 30 days prior to sailing

This is good for us.  We were hoping to see feedback from the Navigator Mexico sailings out of Los Angeles before final, which would have been December 16 for March 18th sailing.  Little to no chance of our cancelling, but this gives us time to be sure.  We haven't received an email, but there's still time.  Have the emails gone straight to you even if you're booked with a travel agent?

Pat

34 minutes ago, vistapat said:

This is good for us.  We were hoping to see feedback from the Navigator Mexico sailings out of Los Angeles before final, which would have been December 16 for March 18th sailing.  Little to no chance of our cancelling, but this gives us time to be sure.  We haven't received an email, but there's still time.  Have the emails gone straight to you even if you're booked with a travel agent?

Pat

Both of mine went directly to my email (I book direct with RCI)...but I understand if you used a TA it goes to them and they should forward it to you. Some have posted they did and some didn't and only found out about it on these boards.

• Like 1

We booked direct for 2/13/22 cruise to St. Thomas & St. John and received the email above. I'm curious as why they delayed the final payment ? I believe St. Thomas and St John is on the CDC high Covid list, if so RCCL may be hedging on a possible port change resulting in some passengers canceling this cruise resulting in giving the customer credit for a future cruise later in the year. Just a thought.

• Like 1

We haven't heard from our agent, but I know he's going crazy since he had quite a few people booked on the cancelled Ovation Hawaii to Vancouver in April.  I'll give him a little while and then check with him, but the email you all received seems pretty definite.

Thanks for your responses,

Pat

I haven't received anything for my February cruise yet but I know my TA is out of the office until Monday so hopefully I hear from her soon.  Currently my final payment date shows to be next Friday so would be happy to have the extra time with the holidays coming up.

2 hours ago, cruisinelmo said:

We booked direct for 2/13/22 cruise to St. Thomas & St. John and received the email above. I'm curious as why they delayed the final payment ? I believe St. Thomas and St John is on the CDC high Covid list, if so RCCL may be hedging on a possible port change resulting in some passengers canceling this cruise resulting in giving the customer credit for a future cruise later in the year. Just a thought.

I think the Cruise Company's are "Hedging" on a lot of Cruises that are Eastern or Southern with the exception of Nassau..

52 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

I think the Cruise Company's are "Hedging" on a lot of Cruises that are Eastern or Southern with the exception of Nassau..

Not "hedging" on my Mexico January cruise...it's final payment was included in the 30 days out.

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I just received this email:

Dear Guest,

As final payment for your upcoming cruise was getting closer, we’ve pushed the final payment date for all sailings departing through March 2022 to provide you with additional flexibility. Guests on sailings departing February 1, 2022 through March 31, 2022, will now have until 30 days prior to sailing to make their final payment. Our hope is that this gives you a little extra flexibility. No action is needed on your part, and cancellations will not occur until the new final payment date.

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon! 

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Also received this email today for our 2/26 cruise.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Not "hedging" on my Mexico January cruise...it's final payment was included in the 30 days out.

Yes but what i meant ...is that i think the Cruise Company's are selling a lot of cruises when there not sure if they will sail or sail with changed intenarys

Certainly makes me feel better about our cruise at the end of February.  Final payment was coming up and we still weren't sure if a land based trip would make more sense.  This will let us see what the protocols out San Juan will be and how restrictive the islands for the Southern Caribbean itineraries are.  I'm not so worried about on board protocols but I'm not interested in having to book a ships excursion 4 of 6 ports of call.

Edited by RG306