Hotel suggestions?

andie717

Family of 4 (mom, dad, 2 teen daughters!) We are finally, hoping, fingers-crossed to cruise again in March 2022!  We have an 8 day Southern Caribbean booked, Saturday - Sunday.  We usually like to fly in the day before, but the only flight that worked with work/travel times arrives in Fort Lauderdale (FLL) at 1:35 am.  The hotels that I'm finding near the airport are almost as expensive as those near the Port of Miami.  I'm trying to decide if it is better just to grab our bags, crash near the airport for a ridiculous amount of money, then make our to to Miami?  Or would it be better to get a hotel in Miami?  In the past we've always flown in early and stayed in the Brickell area, but we also would have early FTTF, which isn't an option...so not sure what our check in time will be.  Any thoughts appreciated!

If the hotels are equal priced, it doesn't much matter where you stay, and you would still have two transports. You say you have been in Brickell. If you like the area, go there again. Want to try something new? Stay in Ft Lauderdale.

Hotel prices are high because you are going during Spring Break.

3 hours ago, andie717 said:

Family of 4 (mom, dad, 2 teen daughters!) We are finally, hoping, fingers-crossed to cruise again in March 2022!  We have an 8 day Southern Caribbean booked, Saturday - Sunday.  We usually like to fly in the day before, but the only flight that worked with work/travel times arrives in Fort Lauderdale (FLL) at 1:35 am.  The hotels that I'm finding near the airport are almost as expensive as those near the Port of Miami.  I'm trying to decide if it is better just to grab our bags, crash near the airport for a ridiculous amount of money, then make our to to Miami?  Or would it be better to get a hotel in Miami?  In the past we've always flown in early and stayed in the Brickell area, but we also would have early FTTF, which isn't an option...so not sure what our check in time will be.  Any thoughts appreciated!

For a family, I really like the holiday inn port for Miami. It has a mall across the street for souvenirs, food, drinks etc. and it’s a quick walk from the hotel. And it’s a quick Uber or taxi to the ship the next morning.

2 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

For a family, I really like the holiday inn port for Miami. It has a mall across the street for souvenirs, food, drinks etc. and it’s a quick walk from the hotel. And it’s a quick Uber or taxi to the ship the next morning.

That Holiday Inn filed for bankruptcy this summer and therefore its future is in doubt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I would stay at a hotel in Dania Beach, close to the airport, get some sleep and go to Miami after hotel check out time.

4 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I would stay at a hotel in Dania Beach, close to the airport, get some sleep and go to Miami after hotel check out time.

Agree, stay in Ft. Lauderdale, get a decent nights rest. Lots of hotels right there in the airport area.