“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh noo. Never touch the port monkeys in St. Kitts. And don't hold them or let them sit on you. They carry staph and other communicable diseases. I am not a fan of monkeys anyway. The ones out at Shipwreck Bar are wild, but still no touching or hand feeding. And as a biologist, I am actually more interested in seeing photos of the mongooses. :classic_smile:

When we were at the top of Gibraltar, I was amazed at how many monkeys were all over the place!  No thank you!!!

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

thank you Maryann I think you’ll like what I got.

There is no doubt in my mind, Greg!  I know I will like what you've got!!!

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our daughters, especially my younger daughter, wanted desperately to see the monkeys at the Shipwreck Bar.  We took a walk down the beach from Carambola but no monkeys.  We had a drink and then walked back.  About halfway back, we saw a guy with a monkey.  I love these pictures as they captured pure joy.

_CM_8016.thumb.jpg.3b7f2fda1dca728c28d851510804320d.jpg

_CM_8053.thumb.jpg.374f88ac534dcb739b98e4ad7736d7bd.jpg

Bob, your daughters are adorable!❤️

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Third time trying to post anything. Great day yesterday in St.Lucia seeing the majestic Pitons.

A166CBC2-8D9E-4910-AF6B-965C6CE069F7.thumb.jpeg.aba90a1383bfe25e2a8bf338ce39998d.jpeg

Our beautiful lady Explorer of the Seas.

366BE1D9-835F-4F35-9B62-16E00EA6332E.thumb.jpeg.778152de41093deedb62c8a485fe1176.jpeg

Wow!  beautiful pictures!  I'm looking forward to seeing the Pitons on our cruise.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope St. Kitts is off of the bubble list by January.

I sure hope so, too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mivama said:

Are there any spa/massage specials listed in the cruise planner?

I haven’t seen anything but I am keeping all the cruise planners and will look. I’m sure they are offering some specials especially on port days where some of the guests are not leaving the ship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What was it replaced with?

Not sure , we are still doing st Thomas and st Maarten, there the ones I care about the other two are coco cay and San Juan, they also canceled Puerto Plato , glad it’s a 8 day cruise 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What was it replaced with?

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Not sure , we are still doing st Thomas and st Maarten, there the ones I care about the other two are coco cay and San Juan, they also canceled Puerto Plato , glad it’s a 8 day cruise 

I'm on that same sailing.  They had to cancel Puerto Plata, DR, because the pier isn't ready.  They replaced that port with Coco Cay, which changed the itinerary / moved port days around such that they weren't going to be able to get to St. Kitts, so they added all day in San Juan. Been to SJ plenty of times, but never on a Royal ship that's there from 10:00-21:00! (This will be the middle of my five-cruise stint, so will be convenient to stop at the drugstore if I need to replenish my inventory of anything.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

When we were at the top of Gibraltar, I was amazed at how many monkeys were all over the place!  No thank you!!!

I have a photo of a large one on Susan’s shoulder with its hand on top of her head.  

For some reason, they didn’t like me and would leap out of my arms.

Some would hang off the car window as the guide drove us to the top of Gibraltar. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I haven’t seen anything but I am keeping all the cruise planners and will look. I’m sure they are offering some specials especially on port days where some of the guests are not leaving the ship.

Generally find twilight massages for $99-$119

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

There is no doubt in my mind, Greg!  I know I will like what you've got!!!

Bob, your daughters are adorable!❤️

Wow!  beautiful pictures!  I'm looking forward to seeing the Pitons on our cruise.

I sure hope so, too!

im not a fan of monkeys and I wouldn’t hold one from the fear of possibly getting their blood on or in me. The monkeys in Africa caused a horrible disease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

im not a fan of monkeys and I wouldn’t hold one from the fear of possibly getting their blood on or in me. The monkeys in Africa caused a horrible disease.

I did a resort on st Kitts many years ago, I remember hearing that Monkees stole some golf balls , I wonder how you would score that , also there was more Monkees that people on the island.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, George C said:

I did a resort on st Kitts many years ago, I remember hearing that Monkees stole some golf balls , I wonder how you would score that , also there was more Monkees that people on the island.

Stealing golf balls would be funny, I like monkeys from a distance, they can be funny. 

• Like 1

6am so much to do. Last night was incredible more later. Last night I did this. I see if this will upload. It failed so exciting details after I get back. After that taught my son how to play craps. That didn’t last long and then it was off to the Schooner Bar to try something new and then go to the adult comedy show. Very funny guy Jeff Nease. Definitely not a PC kind of guy.

Today St. Kitts at Carambola Beach, Chops tonight and the reading the dreaded disembark  instructions.

And hey we still have a bottle of champagne in the cooler we need to drink.

• Like 14

On 11/9/2021 at 9:36 AM, Sea Dog said:

So I’m on my 4th pair of water shoes to find the best ones. So they either have no support or just not comfortable.

F84AF257-D026-42B0-83CC-3CEBAA3F15B4.thumb.jpeg.6c1517a1046cf51760fcd55c45f6f668.jpeg

These Keens are really comfortable and great to walk in.

46EE2C45-3B4D-46C1-AC72-C8B0F13DE78B.thumb.jpeg.381f2faad1dad7c138741b729421e15c.jpeg

Unfortunately they fit very snug and in the case of Secret Sands Beach yesterday, little shells and rocks got between my feet and the shoes making it very uncomfortable to walk. I found myself taking the shoes off and emptying all the debris and I was good to go again. Anyone have a perfect water shoe?

I gave up on water shoes and only wear my dive shoes or boots. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I hope St. Kitts is off of the bubble list by January.

Great news!    As of today and royal's website St Kitts is now off the bubble list.    Anyone fully vaxxed is allowed to book private tours, shop, etc etc.       

This was updated for St Kitts, St Lucia and Barbados.    Antigua was removed from the list the other week, so all is slowly getting back to "normal".   🤩

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1