Another Newbie Question : Beverages on Oceania

Guppy99

Hi.

I took note that one of the amenities offered in the O Life promotion is a beverage package.

My mom and I are not much in the way of alcohol drinkers (occasional wine or bear with dinner). 

How does sodas, juice, water and mocktails (ie virgin frozen mudslide) work?

I can't find any info on beverages on the website.

17 minutes ago, USNA 72 said:

All that and specialty coffees included.  I don't really know about the virgin Frozen Mudslide but you can get a virgin frozen mango daiquiri😁

Thank you! So, if I order a glass of wine at dinner, we'll just be charged for that on our bill? 

4 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

You and your mother will not need a drink package, if it is alcohol you will pay, ALL other. Beverages are No Charge. You will not be nickeled and dimed on your cruise. 
Enjoy 

Mauibabes. 

This is going to be a real pleasure!

Are you taking the O Life Beverage package  as a perk?

If so wine by the glass & beer are included in that package  at lunch & dinner only

All non alcoholic beverages  are included in the cruise fare  including virgin cocktails

No. we opted for the OBC. We simply don't drink enough to make it  a better deal.  Half the time we share a beer or I simply have a non-alcoholic drink. An occasional glass of bubbles.

I can't wait for this new experience!

48 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

No. we opted for the OBC. We simply don't drink enough to make it  a better deal.  Half the time we share a beer or I simply have a non-alcoholic drink. An occasional glass of bubbles.

Enjoy

The OBC will help pay for any Bubbles  😉

48 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Just curious as to why you took the O’Life option if you were just going to pick the $300 SBC option? You could have just paid $300 less for the cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Just curious as to why you took the O’Life option if you were just going to pick the $300 SBC option? You could have just paid $300 less for the cruise.

Because I never have a problem spending OBC, and the OBC credit or discount I receive from my TA is based on a % of the total cruise price w/amenities

Edited by Guppy99
  • Like 1

Someone usually chimes in about this, so I guess it's me... everyday there are two 2-for-1 cocktail times (at certain places), early and late (althought I've never been out and about for the late one. And, there is usually some event (Captains welcome party) where drinks will be complimentary. Enjoy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

Someone usually chimes in about this, so I guess it's me... everyday there are two 2-for-1 cocktail times (at certain places), early and late (althought I've never been out and about for the late one. And, there is usually some event (Captains welcome party) where drinks will be complimentary. Enjoy.

The above is true. 

As a practice, that is rarely deviated from, those two drinks are served individually, one at a time after the first one is drank. As a practice, you will not have two full drinks sitting before you. Therefore, for example, one cannot order a glass of champagne, get two glasses , and give one to their spouse. 

I'm not too concerned or searching for freebies. Let's face it. This is not the least expensive way to travel. So..in the grand scheme of things, my bar bill is hardly worth considering.

Now, when my dad was alive, he and my mother used to consider their bar bill as great if it came to less than paying for a third passenger on board with them  :) My dad used to always say "never have less than the very best booze".

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, pinotlover said:

The above is true. 

As a practice, that is rarely deviated from, those two drinks are served individually, one at a time after the first one is drank. As a practice, you will not have two full drinks sitting before you. Therefore, for example, one cannot order a glass of champagne, get two glasses , and give one to their spouse. 

Thank you for this information. On a practical level, how does this work? I order one drink during the two-for-one special and I receive one drink. Then somehow the system will keep track that the next time I order a drink, there is no charge? Not quite sure how this works. Thank you

7 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Thank you for this information. On a practical level, how does this work? I order one drink during the two-for-one special and I receive one drink. Then somehow the system will keep track that the next time I order a drink, there is no charge? Not quite sure how this works. Thank you

The waiter or bartender remembers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

When you finish your 1st drink  the 2nd drink magically appears

Then when you are ready to leave the bar you ask the waiter for your bill

they bring it with the charge for  1 drink

It works very well 😉

Just now, LHT28 said:

When you finish your 1st drink  the 2nd drink magically appears

Then when you are ready to leave the bar you ask the waiter for your bill

they bring it with the charge for  1 drink

It works very well 😉

Great, thanks to all.

On 11/5/2021 at 7:49 PM, pinotlover said:

The above is true. 

We often share— as long as we order the same,  it’s 2 for 1–  

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, USNA 72 said:

All that and specialty coffees included.  I don't really know about the virgin Frozen Mudslide but you can get a virgin frozen mango daiquiri😁

Virgin Bloody Marys and Virgin Pina Coladas are also fun. I don't like drinking alcohol in the sun anyway.

• Like 1