Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Also interested to near from anyone on Quest.  We board in Tokyo March 19.  First time in Japan and on Azamara.  Being port intensive no major concerns since we will be up and out on excursions every day.  Just curious to hear about food, crew, etc.

Thanks

49 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Would like to hear how the Japan arriving, getting on ship etc is going. I know about the "Visit Japan" but wonder how long it takes to actually get thru all the stuff at the airport.

Yes. Definitely.  Good suggestion.

• Like 1

Onboard the Journey…

Earlier I noted that the patio was not open at first for dinner… it is now.   Yesterday they had springbok as a special! Tonight they have Oxtail Potjie, a South African stew.

The complementary wines are mostly new, and reflect their past months in South Africa—a very nice SA shiraz and of course a pinotage—much better that the Azamara branded pinotage of a few months ago.   The cab was also a SA vintage, which I have not had yet.    There was also a SA Rose.  I’m not usually a rose drinker, so can’t compare it to the whispering angel of fame on these boards, but it was quite nice, not like soda pop.   All in all, a definite improvement over the last few cruises.

Yesterday was Walvis Bay, Namibia.   Had person-to-person immigration in Cabaret before we could get off… went quickly (although a half hour late starting…); also an “exit” check out, again smooth.   And, in the good news department (most welcomed after lots of uncertainly wrt visas etc. before trip…), Angola has changed their policy, just since we sailed(!), and no face-to-face will be required.   Although the quick change could portent similar not-so-nice-changes in other countries—the adventure continues! 

Walvis Bay port is a busy commercial port, with absolutely no cruise terminal/infrastructure…. Just a parking lot for buses.  The town goes inland for maybe a mile, then the dunes of the Namib desert run up and down the coast

Weather has been cooler than we expected—mid to high 60’s F ( high teen’s C)—same latitude as Rio de Janeiro… I guess the colder, north flowing current from Antarctica?

• Like 4

On 3/7/2023 at 2:04 AM, gardenbunny said:

Also interested to near from anyone on Quest.  We board in Tokyo March 19.  First time in Japan and on Azamara.  Being port intensive no major concerns since we will be up and out on excursions every day.  Just curious to hear about food, crew, etc.

Thanks

Crew is great as always. 
officers are always around.

had a plum king problem and two officers showed up wirh the plumbers.line needed snaking.

food ..depends what I order but been hit or miss.Dover sole great,Indian food to cold but flavors there. Other food to cold. Service was good.

i had to track down wines to use OBC. Right checking storage for wines.

good hairdresser rhrunApril.

2 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Crew is great as always. 
officers are always around.

had a plum king problem and two officers showed up wirh the plumbers.line needed snaking.

food ..depends what I order but been hit or miss.Dover sole great,Indian food to cold but flavors there. Other food to cold. Service was good.

i had to track down wines to use OBC. Right checking storage for wines.

good hairdresser rhrunApril.

We also board on March 19th in Tokyo. Have they started the instillation of Starlink internet yet and more importantly is there any Fevertree onboard!

Thanks

Interesting, they have moved away from the Azamara labelled "guess which storage tank I came from because it wasn't the same as yesterday" varieties to named sources.  Like it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, gymfreak said:

We also board on March 19th in Tokyo. Have they started the instillation of Starlink internet yet and more importantly is there any Fevertree onboard!

Thanks

Wellit is more or less done but again not working.to slow loading .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roel94 said:

Wellit is more or less done but again not working.to slow loading .

Thanks Robyn..

Do you know  if Fevertree tonic is available onboard?

Enjoy the current cruise until you get to Japan

tonic is available on

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

698F57E0-F07A-4A03-8A4C-182670CEF750.jpeg

Ah two "guess the storage tanks" still - neither of these tank ones ticked the box for me but as you say it is all a matter of taste

1 hour ago, gymfreak said:

Thanks Robyn..

Do you know  if Fevertree tonic is available onboard?

Enjoy the current cruise until you get to Japan

tonic is available on

On Pursuit Rio to Lisbon. I haven’t asked for Fever Tree, but there was no Schweppes in the Pool Bar on embarkation day, but there was in Discoveries bar. They managed tosource a small amount in Rio apparently, otherwise it’s Canada Dry & Royal Club! 😢

Edited by Grandma Cruising

23 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On Pursuit Rio to Lisbon. I haven’t asked for Fever Tree, but there was no Schweppes in the Pool Bar on embarkation day, but there was in Discoveries bar. They managed tosource a small amount in Rio apparently, otherwise it’s Canada Dry & Royal Club! 😢

Heck! Will have to Google Fevertree in Japan. Enjoy your cruise

20 hours ago, gymfreak said:

Thanks

No fevertree on quest.

starlink on ..still not prefect.

future cruise new program not set up and it is very hit or miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragesinn said:

I think location at sea has more to do with the internet speed than new system. Right now in first port in Japan internet working very well.

Really! I had great internet at sea or not.same with ports.

loading pictures still a problem.  To slow 

Internet on trans-Atlantic Onward has been great for us. Not perfect, but WAY better than the internet on Nov. trans-Atlantic!

We like the Pinotage ok, but we also are not discriminating. I don’t care for the comp Cabernet. Matter of taste, I guess.

• Thanks 1