Want to try "BEE'S KNEES"?

yoshi

I had a great drink on a HAL cruise I took over the summer called a Brooklyn, which is a variation of a Manhattan, one of my favorite drinks.  I ordered it several times.  It was delicious!  I highly recommend it if it can be made properly.  I think it requires a maraschino cherry liqueur in addition to the usual sweet vermouth and bitters.  

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I had a great drink on a HAL cruise I took over the summer called a Brooklyn, which is a variation of a Manhattan, one of my favorite drinks.  I ordered it several times.  It was delicious!  I highly recommend it if it can be made properly.  I think it requires a maraschino cherry liqueur in addition to the usual sweet vermouth and bitters.  

I looked for Brooklyn but didn't find that for Princess. I did find the Manhattan on the Princess Drink Menu; Bullet Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, Angostura Bitters, Luxardo Cherry-does that sound like your drink?

Also on the menu was the Amaretto Manhattan; Bullet Bourbon, Disaronno Amaretto, Sweet Vermouth, Angostura & Orange Bitters. I think I'll add this one to the LIST. 

1. Bees Knees

2. Dark & Stormy

3. Captain's Bounty

4. Beverly Hill's Iced Tea

5. Dirty Banana

6. Caipirinha

7. Amaretto Manhattan

🍸 Cheer

38 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

I liked the Coconut Mojito on Majestic.

Princess Coconut Mojito; Malibu Coconut Rum, simple syrup, fresh lime, fresh mint leaves, club soda

Sounds sweet but good!

1. Bees Knees

2. Dark & Stormy

3. Captain's Bounty

5. Dirty Banana

6. Caipirinha

7. Amaretto Manhattan

8. Coconut Mojito

🍸 Cheers

Uh Oh, I'm only going on a 7 day cruise, maybe we'll need to visit the Future Cruise Desk.

2 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

Another vote for the dirty banana haven't had one in 2 years can't wait for my next cruise in January.

5 Votes for Dirty Banana! I will have to try this one.

🍌 Cheers

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Try the Elderflower Paloma at the Crown Grill Bar. That was my favorite. 

Elderflower Paloma sounds interesting for sure; Patron Silver Tequila, St. Germain Liqueur, grapefruit, lime, simple syrup. Good reason to also go to the Crown Grill for dinner 😁

1. Bees Knees

2. Dark & Stormy

3. Captain's Bounty

5. Dirty Banana

6. Caipirinha

7. Amaretto Manhattan

8. Coconut Mojito

9. Elderflower Paloma

🍸 Cheers

On 11/7/2021 at 1:29 PM, Cuedon said:

If you like something light and 'clean', try a caipirinha. It's nothing particularly fancy, but it uses a base that's pretty hard to find in a lot of places (cachaca).

We love the caipirinha!  Lucky for us we brought two bottles of cachaça home from our South America cruise in 2019.  We'll need to book that cruise again to restock our liquor cabinet.  🙂

1 hour ago, I12Cruise said:

My favorite is a BBC--Bailey's Banana Colada

I looked for BBC Bailey's Banana Colada but didn't find that for Princess. I did find the Ultimate Pina Colada on the Princess Drink Menu; Bacardi Superior Rum, pina colada mix- maybe they just add Bailey's Irish Cream and fresh banana?

Sounds good, but I'll stick with the Dirty Banana on this next cruise since it is a Princess Favorite.

🍸 Cheers!

19 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

We love the caipirinha!  Lucky for us we brought two bottles of cachaça home from our South America cruise in 2019.  We'll need to book that cruise again to restock our liquor cabinet.  🙂

A 2nd vote for Caipirinha, does cachaca taste similar to rum? I have never tried it.

🍸Cheers!

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

Lynchburg Lemonade

hmmmm,  Lynchburg Lemonade; Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Cointreau, sweet & sour. OK I'll try it!

1. Bees Knees

2. Dark & Stormy

3. Captain's Bounty

5. Dirty Banana

6. Caipirinha

7. Amaretto Manhattan

8. Coconut Mojito

9. Elderflower Paloma

10. Lynchburg Lemonade

🍸 Cheers

1 hour ago, yoshi said:

A 2nd vote for Caipirinha, does cachaca taste similar to rum? I have never tried it.

🍸Cheers!

Yes, cachaca is actually a white rum distilled from fermented sugar cane.  Be sure to try it on your next cruise!  🥃

35 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

Yes, cachaca is actually a white rum distilled from fermented sugar cane.  Be sure to try it on your next cruise!  🥃

Sort of-- a major differentiating factor is that cachaca is made from sugar cane juice, whereas rum is made from molasses, which is after sugar cane juice has been processed to remove a lot of moisture and sugar.

A rather minor distinction to most people, but I had the (mis)fortune of accidentally discussing this with a friend whose grandfather ran a cachaca distillery...

4 hours ago, yoshi said:

Elderflower Paloma sounds interesting for sure; Patron Silver Tequila, St. Germain Liqueur, grapefruit, lime, simple syrup. Good reason to also go to the Crown Grill for dinner 😁

1. Bees Knees

2. Dark & Stormy

3. Captain's Bounty

5. Dirty Banana

6. Caipirinha

7. Amaretto Manhattan

8. Coconut Mojito

9. Elderflower Paloma

🍸 Cheers

Not unusual but my go to is a Bloody Caesar!

2 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Sort of-- a major differentiating factor is that cachaca is made from sugar cane juice, whereas rum is made from molasses, which is after sugar cane juice has been processed to remove a lot of moisture and sugar.

A rather minor distinction to most people, but I had the (mis)fortune of accidentally discussing this with a friend whose grandfather ran a cachaca distillery...

Thanks  for sharing this information.  This is what we purchased during our visit to Brazil.

9D2A6A52-B288-4CEF-A2B7-FF449EF5EF89.jpeg

22 hours ago, yoshi said:

Princess Coconut Mojito; Malibu Coconut Rum, simple syrup, fresh lime, fresh mint leaves, club soda

Sounds sweet but good!

1. Bees Knees

2. Dark & Stormy

3. Captain's Bounty

5. Dirty Banana

6. Caipirinha

7. Amaretto Manhattan

8. Coconut Mojito

🍸 Cheers

Uh Oh, I'm only going on a 7 day cruise, maybe we'll need to visit the Future Cruise Desk.

But with the beverage package, you're just past the halfway point of day 1. 

• Haha 1